Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default Kiesel, Hoke, Leinart, Warner, Edgerrin and Francisco are Studs

Hello Steel Fans -

I know this is late and I haven't been posting here much lately, but I had a great experience at the Cardinals game I wanted to share here:

Aaron Francisco is a backup free safety/special teams captain for the Cards and a good family friend - he graciously gave me and my bros some great tickets and field passes to the game this past Sunday - we sat right behind Edgerrin James' family - I know the game sucked - but it was good to see the new Cards stadium and meet a lot of the players after the game - my observations:

Kiesel and Hoke are genuinely great guys - they visited with my wife and I for about 5 minutes - took some pics and stayed on the fan side of the secuirty rope for a good hour after the game - huge smiles the whole time

Leinart and Warner who I thought would be prima - donnas did the same - posed for pics, visited with us - Warner signed my wife's shirt over her left breast right in front of the infamous Brenda Warner - Edgerrin James nice guy also - we got to know his family during the game and they introduced us to him afterwards -

The reason I single these guys is out is because it's clear to them - without the fans they are nothing and it will only be a few more years for most of these guys in the limelight and they are enjoying it

I was really dissappointed in the impressions made by some of the big name Steelers - they came across as arrogant punks - I won't name names of course - but I came away from the game with a much different attitude about some of our "stars"

Here is the link from my brother's camera - I will add mine later - they might take a second to download - towards the end of the line - I'm the fat guy in the white shirt standing next to Kiesel - my wife is the smokin hot chick with the grey shirt

http://www.sumanmedia.com/steelers/index.html

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006

Last edited by sumo; 10-04-2007 at 03:53 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Kiesel, Hoke, Leinart, Warner, Edgerrin and Francisco are Studs

What a great experience sumo! Believe it or not, most athletes - especially NFL'ers - enjoy interacting with their fans, as has been my experience over the years.

Good to see you back around!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
What a great experience sumo! Believe it or not, most athletes - especially NFL'ers - enjoy interacting with their fans, as has been my experience over the years.

Good to see you back around!
Yeah -my bros and I were talking about it on the way home - I'm hoping we caught them on a bad day - losing to the Cards isn't easy - hard to explain if you weren't there - it was a really weird/bad feeling from some of the guys...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

I've only met Keisel a couple of times but he's my favorite to interact with...such a fun guy to talk to. I've met a good deal of the guys and I know you already made this point but it is very possible that they just had a bad game...most of the ones I've interacted with are nice guys