Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

View Poll Results: How long should Bill Cowher be allowed to stay in Pittsburgh?
As long as he wants, he has earned it. 22 75.86%
Gone if we don't win it all in three years. 4 13.79%
Gone the next time he fails to make the playoffs. 1 3.45%
Get rid of him, he will never win it all. 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #11
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Bill Cowhers fate...

i voted if he don't win in three years bye bye, cause damn what's the point of all these great regular seasons? i'd rather barely win the division and win the superbowl then go 15 and 1 and lose in the afcc again.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:38 PM   #12
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
i voted if he don't win in three years bye bye, cause damn what's the point of all these great regular seasons? i'd rather barely win the division and win the superbowl then go 15 and 1 and lose in the afcc again.
I can understand where you are coming from King... I am suprised to see so much support for Cowher. I thought it would be more 50/50... I know many fans feel the same as you, and some would say giving him three years is too generous.

Last edited by BB2W; 09-21-2005 at 03:43 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #13
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

I've always liked Bill Cowher but over the last several season I've found myself bashing him more and more and have gotten pretty fed-up with the poor showings in the playoffs.

IMO he's been in Pittsburgh long enough now and has had too many blown opportunities where it should be the "Lombardi Trophy or Nothing".
In the past (especially last season) I'd be so confident about our chances to get to the Super Bowl only to watch in stunned silence as another AFCC game debacle takes place.

I've made a personal vow to just enjoy the season as it goes along this year with no expectations and reserve going nuts and crazy until the Steelers get that 5th Lombardi
whenever it may be........with or without Cowher.

Other than that I think the Rooney's let Cowher stay for as long as he wants.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #14
Hammer67
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 651

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
I understand where you are coming from King... I am suprised to see so much support for Cowher. I thought it would be more 50/50... I know many fans feel the same as you, and some would say giving him three years is too generous.
The problem is that most fans who want Cowher gone really don't know why, at least from the arguments I have seen...

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, sure, but I always challenge people as to who would do a better job then Cowher with the Steelers?

Sure, Cowher has a bad record in AFC championship games, but at least he gets the Steelers into them more then most coaches in the NFL. He keeps the Steelers in the hunt more often then not, playing a style of football that is consistent with the organization. The funny thing is that other teams always know what the Steelers are going to do...run right at them for 70% of the game and blitz on defense...period. And Cowher still wins most games. That's pretty good.

If you look at the AFC title games, what has caused the losses? Turnovers. Execution. (special teams) Cowher took a team with a rookie QB to the AFC title game. How often does that happen? As long as Cowher keeps getting them there, they will get one. he is one of the most successful coaches over the last 15 years...

Hammer
Hammer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #15
Hammer67
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 651

All of this is moot anyway as the Rooney's will probably never fire Cowher. They love stability and Cowher does win a lot of games...
Hammer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:41 PM   #16
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
All of this is moot anyway as the Rooney's will probably never fire Cowher. They love stability and Cowher does win a lot of games...
I agree the Steelers will likely stick with Cowher... I was just interested in finding out this sites general opinion.

Last edited by BB2W; 09-22-2005 at 12:43 AM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:54 PM   #17
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

I voted that Bill Cowher should stay as long as he wants, he deserves it! I did not always feel that way.

I wanted Cowher gone when Parcells was available. However, I now know those were kneejerk reactions all relating to the seemingly "never make any adjustments because we have so much money wrapped in KS, we are going to keep him come hell or high water!" attitude from Cowher and Rooney. I still firmly believe they were wrong there but since they finally came to their senses and got rid of Stewart, I am behind Cowher. I am a Steeler fan and feel that the Front Office knows more about this than I will ever even care to know. I just do not like paying good money to see Pop Warner ball and when KS played I booed his butt, but he is gone and that is over. I think that much of the disdain for Cowher came from the Kordell Stewart years and fpor the reasons I have mentioned.

Anyone can beat any other team if the conditions are right, that ole "on any given Sunday............................................ .." thingy

Last edited by Lyn; 09-21-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:39 AM   #18
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The Rooneys love Bill and vice versa. They believe in him, his attitude, work ethic, knowledge of the game, etc. As long as he wants to stay and we are atleast midly successful, I dont see him going anywere.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:13 AM   #19
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I was more surprised than disappointed when we didn't win the SB last year, but, if we continue to play at a high level, with this defense and all the talent we have, and fail to win the Super Bowl this year, I'll be pretty angry...If it's another situation like O'Donnell in '95, then I'll be angry at that player, but if there is some clear let down in intensity and/or gameplanning, and we make stupid mistakes (Ben last year doesn't count), then I'm going to hang a good deal of blame of the Coach.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:02 PM   #20
VirgilBosetti
Water Boy

Member Number: 657

I agree. In the last three title games Kordell and Ben have averaged 3 INT's per game. You don't win against bad teams doing that....especially not the eventual SB champs.
VirgilBosetti is offline   Reply With Quote