Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: How long should Bill Cowher be allowed to stay in Pittsburgh?
As long as he wants, he has earned it. 22 75.86%
Gone if we don't win it all in three years. 4 13.79%
Gone the next time he fails to make the playoffs. 1 3.45%
Get rid of him, he will never win it all. 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2005, 08:40 PM   #31
Hammer67
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 651
Default Re: Bill Cowhers fate...

Even Bob Smizick said it in a recent column...Excecution by the players is 85% of whether or not a team wins or loses.

But think about the gameplanning thing...do you really think Cowher and other NFL veteran coaches haven't seen it all in terms of what teams are gonna do? I mean how many different looks can you get with the same teams year in, year out. Okay, so a team may go "no huddle" one game and standard huddle the next...so what? I think Cowher has seen enough football to know how to adjust. The players need to respond. That's why I think pro coaches need to be motivators more then anything else. Besides...the coordinators do more gameplanning then the head coach usually anyway.

Just a thought....
Hammer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:13 PM   #32
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Thier own fault!

How pumped where you for that game? I know that your a huge Steelers fan, so I know you were as jacked as I was! You couldnt tlak to me the morning of the game. If you were a cleveland fan that I live around, you knew better than to bust my balls that day. I couldnt sleep the night before. I was almost shaking, and sick to my stomach by kickoff. I was friggin stoked. If I were intense, and you were intense. Then why the frug wouldnt they be. This was the right to play in the superbowl. These are grown men. They played junior high, high school, college, and now pro. They know how to turn it up.

Did anyone ever think that just maybe, just maybe. We were beat by a better team. The Pats have just won 3 of 4 superbowls. Its not like it was a cake walk. Maybe it wasnt Cowhers fault. How many other teams have won 3 of 4 bowls? NONE. This is a damn good team.

Cowher turned a 6-10 team into a 15-1 team in just a season. Pretty friggin great, if you ask me.
I'll defer to Peyton Manning on this one. He was asked the question "How is it that the Patriots have had your number the last few years" in the latest Football Digest. He had a great answer, and I will try my best to convey what he said here...

Peyton said something along the lines of: "It's not necessarily what they do. They played a better game than we did last year, and we didn't play as good as we should have." While this sounds obvious, it's actually a Cliffs Notes version of a really informative article that I would encourage everyone, regardless of team allegience, to read.

Better team? Peyton didn't think the Pats were better. I don't think the Pats were more talented or better coached than the Steelers last year. I think we lost because our QB was out of his depth, and they took advantage of every opportunity we presented them, while we squandered all ours.

Eventually, though, if this keeps happening, the coach will be sacked. If you have a team that consistently misses out on opportunity, then you aren't properly preparing your players for it...or you are unlucky.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:33 PM   #33
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Jason Whitlock's Top Ten NFL Secrets on ESPN's page 2.....

1. Bill Cowher, without a Super Bowl title, is the second-best coach in the league.

If I have to tell you who No. 1 is, you're not qualified to read this column. I'd take Cowher ahead of Billick, Bill Parcells, Dick Vermeil and Mike Holmgren, all coaches with titles.

When you hire a football coach, you hope that he has a couple of coaching qualities that are constants. Bill Cowher-coached teams are going to run the football and play defense. If a team has those two elements, it will win games and contend for titles on a regular basis.

link....... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...k/050922&num=0
Old 09-23-2005, 10:51 PM   #34
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

First off, I think ny screen name pretty much eludes what I'm about to say. The AFC has been on top long enough for all of us to apparently just how bad the AFC was not too long ago. I truly believe that our beloved coach and his style of play have had alot to do with the metamorphasis that has happened between the AFC and NFC. Everyone adjusted accordingly, at least the AFC, and we have been dominant since. I remember something similar being posted on here some time ago and I don't think anyone dared think of releasing Cowher at the time. I think we were still undefeated at the time it was brought up, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion but let me ask you what team in the AFC you'd like to see him go to if he weren't to stay here. I know I damn sure hope he'd jump ship to the NFC because I wouldn't want to match up against him. Bill Cowher Power Hour!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:27 AM   #35
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

This is the part I find hard to understand. We are coming off a 15-1 season, where we had a rookie qb. Now we stand at 2-0, and some so-called fans are already bitching about him????????

Excuse me, but I`m rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Not wasting my time comp-laining about firing a guy who is successful year after year.