Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default I've said it before... Who I DON'T want on this team...

I've mentioned in other threads and much more vocally in my group of fellow fans.

I think that Tyrone Carter's personality is a TERRIBLE fit for this team.

I have been generally unimpressed by his play when considering the type of personality this guy has.

Let me state a few reasons:

1.) First of all, I just feel like he is a show boat. The problem is you really can't stick your chest out when you're playing second fiddle to the best SS in football. He hits the field, makes a tackle and struts around like a moron. Steelers football isn't about showing off, but we have a few of those guys on this team, unfortunately, and its unavoidable in today's NFL. I can live with it. I'll let that slide.

2.) His personality in training camp this year has been childish. I realize the guys have been going at it here and there this year and the intensity CAN BE good for fueling that testosterone, but Carter has been involved in two altercations that made headlines, i believe, both this week.

Here's some excerpts:

Quote:
Running back Willie Parker was the star of the one-on-one drill pitting blitzing secondary players against running backs, prompting Tomlin to hint that Parker might be used more in third-down situations.

Parker stood up charging safety Tyrone Carter with a big hit, exciting the crowd alongside the hillside. When Carter shoved Parker after the exchange, Parker angrily gave Carter a two-handed shove to the chest.

"I wasn't taking none of that," Parker said.
Really? This is just laughable. You're going to get in a shove fest with our francise RB, because he put your ass on the ground? Sounds like someone is trying to over compensate by acting like Tommy Tough Nuts. The only thing he accomplished in this is looking like an ass, twice. 99.8% Of the people in that crowd are going to take Parker over you any day, chump.

Of course, we all know this one

Quote:
Hines Ward didn't appreciate it when safety Tyrone Carter went after receiver Nate Washington for throwing the ball in his face.
I'm not too sure what actually happened in the Carter/Washington altercation (You all know that Nate is another guy I would LOOOOOVE to see off this team), but the guy has NO self control.

This is camp. If Tomlin feels Nate is out of line, he'll deal with it. Don't throw yourself into the fire, too, hotshot.

His stats just don't drive me wild enough to keep a guy like him around. Yes, Peezy was a jerk, too, but I won't bother comparing stats or the fact that he was our defensive leader and enforcer. We don't need Carter as an enforcer, let Anthony Smith do it (he's going to beat you out anyway.) He's the future, you're just a mercenary. You can't be enforcer from the bench, tiger.

3.) He's a straight up dirty player. I recall a more than a few times last year that Carter received some of the DUMBEST personal foul calls, a few at really bad times and a lot of the time prompting boos from the crowd. I can't remember the game, but I'm pretty sure he had one of third and long. If he would have kept his head on the O would have got the ball back. This isn't a new trend, my friends.

From his days in Minnesota:
Quote:
NFL fines Vikings' Carter

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The NFL has fined Minnesota Vikings cornerback Tyrone Carter $5,000 for unnecessary roughness.

A league spokesman said Friday that Carter was fined for dragging Tampa Bay running back Aaron Stecker out of bounds and then tackling him in the second quarter of the Vikings' loss Sunday to the Buccaneers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...11/08/roundup/
4.) Though it has little relevance football-wise, this is the main reason I don't like Tyrone Carter's personality.

Quote:
Tyrone's brother, Tank Carter, was arrested in February. Tank Carter was scheduled to start serving a prison sentence in late January, but instead attended the Super Bowl XL with tickets his brother gave him. The original sentence was scheduled to be 6 months, after failing to show up, his sentence was extended to 5 years. It was reported that when interviewed about this incident that if he could make that decision again, he would have gone to the Super Bowl again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_Carter
"Tickets his brother gave him." Maybe I shouldn't jump the gun. Maybe Carter didn't know that his brother's hearing was the same day because his bro never said anything, but how could he be the ENABLER in this. If Carter DID know, he should have yanked those tickets off of him and said "Get your ass in court." If he isn't willing to slap his OWN BROTHER around to straighten him out, why the hell would he ever look out for any of his teammates.

I'm telling you. This guy is straight poison. To be honest he can take his 40 some odd tackles and no INTS, last year and hit the road.

CUT CARTER NOW.

(and Nate Washington... )

This public service announcement is brought to you by Crushzilla and PetCo, "Where the pets go!"
Old 08-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942
Default Re: I've said it before... Who I DON'T want on this team...

we should have a special sub-forum called "For people who like to hear themselves talk".

Obv. no one can take you seriously when you think it's a great idea to cut our #3 WR (who some believe has the potential to eventually be a starting WR) ... and one of our top backup safties (We didn't miss a beat last year when troy was having his nagging injuries and Carter was out there).

BUMP.
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Some very valid points there Crush. I can agree on Carter, but don't think you are giving Washington enough time yet.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

OK guys, please keep it cool. Thanks.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

I actually think Mike Logan has the showboat issue when making a tackle...But yea... Thank goodness Smith and Polamalu should be up front this year...
Old 08-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

You had good points on carter, but then at the end when you said cut washington, well you just lost my interest in this thread. Washington is a hard worker who thrives to work harder to improve himself every year. Has great work ethics, and is a team player. And does not cry and goes out and does what is told of him.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
You had good points on carter, but then at the end when you said cut washington, well you just lost my interest in this thread. Washington is a hard worker who thrives to work harder to improve himself every year. Has great work ethics, and is a team player. And does not cry and goes out and does what is told of him.
I like Washington as well. Given his deflection in the Broncos playoff game, he's alright in my book. :)
Old 08-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #8
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Haha. you guys have me all wrong on Washington.

A few months back he kept calling my gf, because they met at a bar or something last year.

I began joking that we have to get him out of Pittsburgh because I was positive that I couldn't contend with a Steeler.

No real defense for Carter? Guess he's not so valuable, then.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Eh, tempers flair up in camp. It's hot, the guys have been working hard, players are fighting for jobs... it's happens. I'm not going to hold it against Carter. IMO, I felt Carter was pretty solid last season.

As for Washington, I've already stated my lack of confidence in Washington, but I'm willing to give the guy another season to see what he can do. IMO, it's a make or break year for him. It's time to step up.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
we should have a special sub-forum called "For people who like to hear themselves talk".

Obv. no one can take you seriously when you think it's a great idea to cut our #3 WR (who some believe has the potential to eventually be a starting WR) ... and one of our top backup safties (We didn't miss a beat last year when troy was having his nagging injuries and Carter was out there).

BUMP.
There's nothing wrong listening to yourself talk, when the words that come out of your mouth are about 20 times more valuable than most people who get paid to do these things.

Take it easy, tiger, just because Carter's a Steeler that doesn't mean we have to