Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #11
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: for all of you who missed it here is bonds 756

That's awesome, thanks
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #12
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Bonds goes yard

Thread Merged.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

I am actually happy for bonds

I grew up in the bay aka san Francisco and so i have never really followed on the bash on bonds bandwaggon. To me innocent until proven guility. Plus even if he did take it the pitches were taking it to so it balences out. Plus its notlike if you take steriods it an automatic 756 homers it still has to take a ton of skill if he did.

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

IMO, Hank should come out of retirement, get some of that rub oil and start swinging away.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

OK...so everyone is pretty much in agreement that it is naive (not to mention ignorant) to think that Barry Bonds is the only guy allegedly using 'roids in baseball, but let's face it...the guy is a poster boy for the problem/debate. First of all, he basically draws attention to himself by being an A-hole to the fans, his teammates and the media. He needs to just play ball and STFU.
And secondly, until "No-Spine" Selig and the rest of the powers that-be in MLB and the Player's Union finally get together and take a firm stand (not just do some lame spin campaign), this is going to hang over every player in the league, now and in the future, and every accomplishment and record that is set and/or broken is going to be questioned and debated.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
OK...so everyone is pretty much in agreement that it is naive (not to mention ignorant) to think that Barry Bonds is the only guy allegedly using 'roids in baseball, but let's face it...the guy is a poster boy for the problem/debate. First of all, he basically draws attention to himself by being an A-hole to the fans, his teammates and the media. He needs to just play ball and STFU.
And secondly, until "No-Spine" Selig and the rest of the powers that-be in MLB and the Player's Union finally get together and take a firm stand (not just do some lame spin campaign), this is going to hang over every player in the league, now and in the future, and every accomplishment and record that is set and/or broken is going to be questioned and debated.
It would be the same (for me) if Mark McGuire was in Barry's spot right now. The only difference, McGuire isn't a complete a-hole like Barry Bonds. I can only speak for myself, but character means something to me. It goes a long way when I judge an athlete or anybody else for that matter.

There's no doubt Selig should have stepped up a long time ago and put a stop to this, but that still doesn't change the fact that Bonds is a cheat (IMO). Just like it wouldn't change the fact if it were McGuire, Sosa or Palmeiro. It's easy for a Giants fan or somebody who has lived in another city to give a pass to Bonds because they did not witness what he was like when he was in our city.

I do find it odd though, people will bash Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, (insert any other athlete who has never been arrested or caused trouble on his team or was an idiot towards fans), yet Barry is just.....well.....Barry's just a great guy. Amusing to say the least.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #17
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I never said Barry was a great guy.....If you want character to count for something then thats your business.......But we better start throwing people out of the Hall of Fame for not being good people or being flat out jerks......There is a lot of players in Cooperstown already that had characters flaws....Just look at Ty Cobb...lol Plus the Babe also cheated on his first wife and had a notorious appetite for women......If he played today the media would scrutnize him like they do todays players....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
I never said Barry was a great guy.....If you want character to count for something then thats your business.......But we better start throwing people out of the Hall of Fame for not being good people or being flat out jerks......There is a lot of players in Cooperstown already that had characters flaws....Just look at Ty Cobb...lol Plus the Babe also cheated on his first wife and had a notorious appetite for women......If he played today the media would scrutnize him like they do todays players....
Never said you did. Barry should be in the HOF, doesn't mean I have to love the guy or give him any respect. I still think he's a bum, a cheat and a POS as a human being. I never stated he shouldn't be in the HOF.

Oh well, like i said, I guess it's a Pittsburgh thing.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #19
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Never said you did. Barry should be in the HOF, doesn't mean I have to love the guy or give him any respect.

like i said, I guess it's a Pittsburgh thing.
I'm not trying to make you like Barry Bonds....trust me thats your right not to like any players...Plus Barry did bring this on himself....So I don't feel sorry for Barry when people totally hate him...I just still think he is one of the best players ever....He was a great player before using the juice....I rambling now so I'm just going to shut up..lol

Oh its a Pittsburgh thing no doubt.....lol Back in 1993 I was 14 and that was Barry Bonds first year with the Giants.....My Dad used to take me back to PA to visit family every summer and we would also go to Pirates games.....That summer in 93 he got tickets for Bonds returned trip to Pittsburgh.....It was great and funny how much Barry was booed....I was the only one standing and cheering Barry on.... I'm 14 and adults in the stands were throwing stuff at me and cussing me out...lol I'll never forget it.....lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

I know. You "wondered".....

Quote:
Ok I just wonder if the same people calling Barry a steroid using bum think that Mike Webster was also a steroid using bum?
I simply answered from my point of view judging that I was the only one in this thread who called him a bum. I gave my reasons. My opinion of a person goes beyond what they do on the field.