Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
stillhead
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6053
Default Re: Iron City Beer Any Good

i.c. light is my beer. i'll drink regular iron too but i.c. light is in the fridge all the time. should have seen me and the wife get on the plane for our honeymoon in aruba, my carry on was a case of i.c. light pounder bottles in a duffle bag.
stillhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #12
CT_STEELERFAN
Water Boy

Member Number: 3016

Yeungling Rules for sure...IC Light is ok
CT_STEELERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #13
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojobny View Post
I prefer Yuengling
+1on the Yuengling.

Sorry... I love Pittsburgh but I can't stand IC Beer and especially IC Light. *barf*
Old 08-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #14
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I'm not much of a beer drinker (but the older Ii get the better it tastes!) , but I can drink IC light. We toasted the kickoff of Superbowl XL with IC Light.....had to search all over Shitzinnati to find it, though. bAnd to tel you the truth......I only expected to take a few sips of it and let my husband finish it. I drank the whole bottle......it's the only way I ould get through the first quarter of that game........
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,216 Times in 2,675 Posts

ive partied once drinking ic light. horrible headache

i would prefer busch light or old milwaukee light.

if you are a beer connesuir and in an area that sales it, i dont see how you can go wrong with yeungling. iron city just seems like a beer that people grow up with and get used too. and of course most pittsburghers are very loyal about supporting the "local market".

i guess the same could be said about primantis. good food, but personally i think too many fries can drown out the flavor of a good sandwich. nobody wants to eat potatoes on a bun, right?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:53 AM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ive partied once drinking ic light. horrible headache

i would prefer busch light or old milwaukee light.

if you are a beer connesuir and in an area that sales it, i dont see how you can go wrong with yeungling. iron city just seems like a beer that people grow up with and get used too. and of course most pittsburghers are very loyal about supporting the "local market".

i guess the same could be said about primantis. good food, but personally i think too many fries can drown out the flavor of a good sandwich. nobody wants to eat potatoes on a bun, right?
Good points. The way I look at it, if your going to drink, why not drink what ya like?

Trick for Primanti's........I ask for extra capicola and pound on the hot sauce and thank you Tony, it's 5:00 in the morning and I am now craving a Primanti's cap and cheese.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-16-2007 at 10:16 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Good points. The way I look at it, if your going to drink, why not drink what ya like?

Trick for Primanti's........I ask for extra capicola and pound on the hot sauce and thank you Tony, it's 5:00 in the morning and I am now craving a Primanti's cap and cheese.
lol. i ate there twice. 1st time i had the hot sausage. 2nd time (based on an old recommendation of yours i read) i had the capicola (they dont sell that out here). it was good. i shoulda ordered the double meat instead i just commited the cardinal sin of pulling off some of the fries and eating them with the cheese sauce .

i sat next to a table of 3 ladies who were from detroit and travelling to NYC for a wedding planners convention. they made the stop in pittsburgh just to go eat at primantis. in reference to the menu they asked what the #1 best seller was. i told them i wasnt local but passed on the capicola recommendation.

the best thing about eating and going to the bars in pittsburgh is that unless youre going to a national chain like hooters or hard rock cafe etc. you arent gonna pay much more for a beer than a glass of ice tea. especially iron city, as it is the "house beer". i saw iron city specials everywhere.

while i didnt eat at the downtown primantis i stopped in for a refreshment. much better beer specials than the one on the strip. tuesdays = 20 oz glass of yeungling for $2
Old 08-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

They don't sell capicola where you at? No Italian deli's sell it?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #19
tony hipchest

whats an "italian deli"? lol

nah, no place in town carries it (we only have 2 delis) none of our grocery stores carry it. i cant even get a fresh keilbasa. can get some mean chorizo though

it sucks. it think it was up in shadyside(?) "pittsburghs little italy" that i saw all the eateries and delis. i wanted to stop. i loved macaronni's down on the strip and that greek store too. mix that with wholeys and i saw tons of food we simply dont get in this region.

damn, im getting homesick for the big city already.

im even craving an iron city.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
it think it was up in shadyside(?) "pittsburghs little italy"
Bloomfield is Pittsburgh's "Little Italy". There's a number of places to get good capicola down there. Strip also has a few places.

Shadyside is alot of old money. Since we are on the topics of beers, the next time you are back here and you are in Shadyside, hit up the Walnut Grill. Nice beer selection and there are a few bars along or off Walnut street that have excellent beer selections.