Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 08-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
TXSTEELER
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 960
Default Not to nick pick or anything!

Did anyone think that they gave the Saints that 4th down run too easily. I would have liked to have seen a look at the spot instead of just signalling first down. I didn't think the ball carrier made it to the sticks.

I would also have liked to hear the commentary on the game instead of all of those interviews. Not only distracted from the game, but also would have been nice to know which rooks were playing at the time. It was obvious who wanted this game tonight, the Aint's didn't seem to want any parts of the Sillers tonight. Let's hope Tomlin keeps the hammer down.
TXSTEELER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Not to nick pick or anything!

Of course I don't like the fourth down run... but those weren't our starters either... and we weren't game planned on top of that... So I am really not worried.

yeah, all the interviews bugged me. However, if it was say, the Bengals and Saints... would we have cared about football after the starters were out?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

yeah, all the interviews bugged me. However, if it was say, the Bengals and Saints... would we have cared about football after the starters were out?
Im not a Saints or Steelers fan (no, really!) and I didn't want to see those interviews - maybe you can have them at half time - you could still be doing analysis there though - but the live action should never EVER be interupted or play second fiddle to interviews.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Im not a Saints or Steelers fan (no, really!) and I didn't want to see those interviews - maybe you can have them at half time - you could still be doing analysis there though - but the live action should never EVER be interupted or play second fiddle to interviews.
I know what your saying. My point was that by the time you get to the 3rd and 4th string... only teamfans.. or diehard football fans in general will care.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I know what your saying. My point was that by the time you get to the 3rd and 4th string... only teamfans.. or diehard football fans in general will care.
Only die hard fans will still be tuning in by the 3rd and 4th (or 5th for Steelers) pre-season game, but I know I will be.

Its fascinating watching players scramble for places on the depth chart or trying to imagine how some of those guys would go on the first team.

I will watch shows that are just NFL rumor and gossip and interviews (I know this because I hit PFT every day).

Anyway, I think we're on the same page - its just that we were having these same problems last year during the regular season - inane interviews in the main window with the actual game up in the top corner somewhere.

What kind of research does the NFL do to imagine that football fans want this?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Only die hard fans will still be tuning in by the 3rd and 4th (or 5th for Steelers) pre-season game, but I know I will be.

Its fascinating watching players scramble for places on the depth chart or trying to imagine how some of those guys would go on the first team.

I will watch shows that are just NFL rumor and gossip and interviews (I know this because I hit PFT every day).

Anyway, I think we're on the same page - its just that we were having these same problems last year during the regular season - inane interviews in the main window with the actual game up in the top corner somewhere.

You know, if they flipped a coin, I would be surprised they put that much effort in it!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,050 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
I think they do those "human interest" interviews more to retain viewership of casual fans. Personally, being a die-hard football fan in general, I find them to be annoying as hell. If you want to do an interview, fine - just keep the game on the WHOLE screen and hold the interview in the audio portion ONLY.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I think they do those "human interest" interviews more to retain viewership of casual fans. Personally, being a die-hard football fan in general, I find them to be annoying as hell. If you want to do an interview, fine - just keep the game on the WHOLE screen and hold the interview in the audio portion ONLY.
yeah.. Or just shutup about them and announce the action!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

its preseason guys there are going to be tons of mistakes, also this is when the refs are trying out all the new rules

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

You gotta remember this game is part of the Hall of Fame weekend so they are def. going to be talking to the inductes. Which I didn't mind too much considering it is only preseason. What I did not like was the Mike Irvin show that came on during the game that was just too much it was what a like almost a half hour.By the way if I see the shot of the cracksmoker errrr I mean the playmaker crying again I'm going to poke my own eyes out.
rog is offline   Reply With Quote