Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,258 Times in 2,300 Posts
Default McBeam missing

SOUTH SIDE --- Pittsburgh Steelers mascot Steely McBeam, who has not been seen in public since September 12, is now the subject of a police investigation. Mr. McBeam was last seen helping to inaugurate the Steelers-themed airplane in mid-September, but he failed to show up for scheduled appearances at the Steelers-Buffalo and Steelers-49?ers games. Team officials filed a missing-person report this morning.
?Usually when someone goes missing, there are three possibilities,? Pittsburgh Police Chief Nathan Harper said today. ?One possibility is that he just skipped town. People do that all the time --- just look at how the city?s population has declined. But the thinking around the precinct is that he may have harmed himself, or he?s become a victim of foul play.?
McBeam was booed when he made his first appearance at Heinz Field for the August 11 preseason game with the Packers. ?Being booed by 60,000 people can have a profound psychological effect on anyone,? Harper said. ?When the Steelers are booed, at least they have each other to rely on. But Steely?s got no one on his side. If he fell into a deep enough depression, he may have jumped off any one of our bridges.?
Chief Harper, though, thinks foul play is more likely. ?We have 60,000 people who proved that they hate him. Plus there?s a few people over at the Post-Gazette who wanted him gone. A lot of people had motive and opportunity.?
Harper said he?ll put a few detectives on the case, but he doesn?t think they?ll make a big effort to find the mascot. ?To be honest, none of the officers really liked him from the get-go. I don?t think they?ll be beating the bushes looking for him.?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875
Default Re: McBeam missing

Come to think of it, I haven't seen his mug at any of the games. This explains why.

That's pretty funny.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

I won't miss him!
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

his chin looks like he was using an anvil for chaw....

if he jumped off a bridge he immediately sunk to the bottom and will never be found.

poor steeley. imagine if we woulda gotten a mascot as bad as the panthers "sir purr". talk about "puss 'n boots". he woulda been stomped right there on the 50 yd line by 60,000 people.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924

Too funny. I was looking on the sideline for him on Sunday. Now how are they going to bury him under the carpet after all the hoopla?

I still think if his name wasn't so bad he might have gotten a slightly better reception. I wish they would post some of the other names that were in the running.