Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
Welcome To Smashmouth
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6038
Default Last year a blessing in disguise??

Big Ben in particular. I believe the possibility that last year will end up benefiting the future of this franchise is very strong. "Unflappable" was the word most used to describe Ben his first year, but there is a chance "borderline ****y" eventually became the chance. I would never hope/pray/ask for someone to go through what Ben had to endure last year, but he has undoubtedly become a stronger person due to what happens, and now with all the embraces of the media turning into speculation, hes got a lot to prove - and knows it better than any one out there.
Welcome To Smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206
Default Re: Last year a blessing in disguise??

i think it was, becuase if u all have been paying attention and or watching espn ben went in and preatty much was so determined that he spent two months editing the offensive playbook! Ben will do great this season i hope probowl!

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

I don't like to look at things that way but everyone makes decisions some good some bad. I believe the bad decision can have a bigger impact on who a person is because at one point or another everyone makes a bad decision. What defines you isn't allways that bad choice but what you do next that defines you. How you pick yourself up and carry on is the important thing. That is unless you run a dog fighting ring then you should just burn in hell.
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

yea i agree and ben is doing just that

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #5
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

For a number of reasons..

Ben is one... but also, it allowed us to pick up a great LB in Woodley, maybe a second one in Timmons if he can ever get on teh field.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #6
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6069

Sometimes it is nice to be overlooked...Everyone is so hot on the Ravens and Bengals that Pittsburgh is almost an afterthought in the division. I think that will put that chip back on the shoulder and give them something to prove. If they find that new emotional leader to replace Joey, that could make for a tough year for the birds and the convicts.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 PM   #7
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Sometimes it is nice to be overlooked...Everyone is so hot on the Ravens and Bengals that Pittsburgh is almost an afterthought in the division. I think that will put that chip back on the shoulder and give them something to prove. If they find that new emotional leader to replace Joey, that could make for a tough year for the birds and the convicts.
Im happy were being overlooked its always nice being the underdog(superbowl XL and playoffs).
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Hmmm, I really don't think so.

Anything less than a SB and Cowher was probably gone anyway - maybe he was still gone even with back-2-back SB's - who knows?

I wouldn't wish what Ben went through on anyone, last year had absolutely no positive effects as far as I can see - other than Bens ability to try and shut what happened out of his mind.

I think he pretty much had a mental meltdown after all the injuries, and being thrown prematurely back into a team that had issues with discipline and confidence.

I think Woodley would have been available wherever the Steelers picked round 1 and who knows what Timmons is going to bring to the table?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
Welcome To Smashmouth
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6038

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Sometimes it is nice to be overlooked...
heh, with the exception of the obvious SB win, when ARENT we overlooked?? honestly, i like the fact that the steelers are ALWAYS considered the underdog. its almost as if playing with a chip on our shoulder is a week-to-week mentality. builds us up, man....it builds us up
Welcome To Smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #10
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome To Smashmouth View Post
honestly, i like the fact that the steelers are ALWAYS considered the underdog. its almost as if playing with a chip on our shoulder is a week-to-week mentality. builds us up, man....it builds us up
I'll agree with that....They used that mentality to get through all those road wins on the way to Detriot....