Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default Steelers Perception is different

After the Steelers won the SB in 05 when I talked to my football friends, they all said how the Steelers should make the playoffs and are now among the NFL's elite.

After this year though, I have all my football friends say how the Steelers won't do **** this year. They also say how the Bengals and Ravens have taken over the Steelers in the North?? These guys know there football too. Very intelligent at knowing football but this is where I laugh at them. The Bengals have made the playoffs ONCE this decade, and last year was the first year the Ravens made the playoffs since 03.

I don't get it I really don't. The Steelers made the playoffs in 01, 02, 04, and 05. 3 of those years they were division champs, two of those years they went to the AFC Champ. game and the one year they won the SB.

IMO, I still think the Steelers are above the Ravens and Bengals as a overall franchise. It just goes to show on how much one year changes everyone's perception.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Steelers Perception is different

Yeah, people hate us and disrespect us now. I like it, when we start beating the ravens and bengals everyone will shut up. There's not much we can do about those who think the steelers will do nothing until the season starts, but once we start winning games and placing ourselves at the top of the division they'll respect us.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

i cant wait till we kick *** this year and make all those ppl who say that go like wow!

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

If its any consoltaion I am 'very intelligent at knowing football' and I know better than to write the Steelers off.

They've been good for a much longer period than either of their rivals - I have a feeling that the Bengals will crash and burn this year (not that I particularly want that to happen).

The Ravens remain the class of the AFCN until proven otherwise - they didnt just win the title division last year - they dominated it.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Exclamation Re: Steelers Perception is different

I have to agree with ya livininthepast about the Ravens dominating our division last season. And what will happen this upcoming season?... No one knows yet, but there is No Question in My Mind about who has the best franchise in our division and maybe in the NFL... It would have to be the Steelers. Do the math.. this team has proven year after year that they will be near the top most of the time and have never went very many years in between playoff runs...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

this season we will for sure be competing for the number 1 spot in our division with the ravens i think we got it this season! as long as we have no injuries!

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
The Ravens remain the class of the AFCN until proven otherwise - they didnt just win the title division last year - they dominated it.
I think the Ravens will go back to the way they were in 04 and 05 when McNair retires. Before McNair they couldn't make the playoffs and I think it might be a struggle when he retires. They will be re-building soon.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Yeah, the Ravens won the division running away last year. But the year before they were in the pits or in the middle of the pack of the AFC. One great year, and now the Ravens are unstoppable world beaters. In the end, they did win the division, so they're the team to beat. But now they have a pretty big target on their backs.

The Bengals tied the Steelers last year, why are they considered contenders and the Steelers aren't? What I've heard this offseason:

"The Steelers are finished"
"Bengals and Ravens are the new cream of the crop"
"Ben was exposed as a fraud"
"You lost Cowher, you guys will suck this year"
"The Steelers are 3rd place at best"
"58-7"

Let the Bengals, Browns, and Ratbirds crow and cheer their "Ding Dong the witch is dead" cries. It's up to the Steelers to shut them up. They have to send a message to the rest of the division and the AFC this year. Tomlin has to prove to the critics that he was a worthy hire and not token, Ben has to prove to everyone that 2006 was a fluke, the WHOLE team has to prove that 2006 was a fluke. Until then, critics will continue to rag on them.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers123 View Post
I think the Ravens will go back to the way they were in 04 and 05 when McNair retires. Before McNair they couldn't make the playoffs and I think it might be a struggle when he retires. They will be re-building soon.
They will probably can the 'young QB' experiment and pick up another vet QB to keep them competitive after McNair retires.

This team is good enough to win it all if they can get solid QB talent.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Yeah, the Ravens won the division running away last year. But the year before they were in the pits or in the middle of the pack of the AFC. One great year, and now the Ravens are unstoppable world beaters. In the end, they did win the division, so they're the team to beat. But now they have a pretty big target on their backs.

The Bengals tied the Steelers last year, why are they considered contenders and the Steelers aren't? What I've heard this offseason:

"The Steelers are finished"
"Bengals and Ravens are the new cream of the crop"
"Ben was exposed as a fraud"
"You lost Cowher, you guys will suck this year"
"The Steelers are 3rd place at best"
"58-7"

Let the Bengals, Browns, and Ratbirds crow and cheer their "Ding Dong the witch is dead" cries. It's up to the Steelers to shut them up. They have to send a message to the rest of the division and the AFC this year. Tomlin has to prove to the critics that he was a worthy hire and not token, Ben has to prove to everyone that 2006 was a fluke, the WHOLE team has to prove that 2006 was a fluke. Until then, critics will continue to rag on them.
I certainly don't regard the Ravens as 'unbeatable' - a team with a good offense that uis capable of getting ahead early will cause the Ravens alot of trouble - if they can back that up with decent D I think the Ravens will struggle.