Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-17-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default And it starts again..

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05017/443547.stm

I saw this coming as soon as the Pats beat the colts yesterday.. oh our season is a fluke, oh, nobody beats the pats twice in 1 season, oh we didnt have cory dillon..

BIG F'n Deal !!!!!!! Cory wouldnt have helped you that day, and you even were more healthy than u are now new england... give us some freekin credit..we crushed you fair and square. We beat you once, we can do it again.. you're in our house, and we've come along way since 2001, and NO WE HAVENT FORGOTTEN THAT EITHER!!

Bring it on to heinz field tom brady !!! Bring it on cory dillon, teddy bruschi, willie mcguiness, comon down to the big ketchup bottle and lets get it on so we can send you home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(>:(>:(>:(
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1
Default Re: And it starts again..

Agreed! Bring it on New England! We're ready to send you packing with your heads held low again. Screw what everyone says! They just can't accept the domination of the black and gold baby! It's our time. ;D
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

This is going to be a long game, and boring if you don't care for defensive football. Bruschi was out the last time we played too I think and they are certainly going to bring everything in the arsenal. Our defense hasn't laid down all year and I don't think they're going to start now. Too bad Indy didn't win though it would've been great to watch our guys eat Peyton alive, I was kind of looking forward to that. There hasn't been much press on the Steelers all year where I live, it's going to be interesting to see who they cover now with it down to 4 teams. Everyone just stay calm and just accept that we're underdogs, I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. The guys can say that really doesn't motivate them but I don't buy it. They've busted their arses all year to be disrespected? It'll give them some extra juice, definitely!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:31 PM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

its interesting how the media all the sudden dismisses our win against them as a fluke !! i dont care who was or wasnt on the field then for the pats..they got dominated by big ben, our lines, RB's and our defense..we beat them soundly in all facets of the game.

a fluke ??? yeah, we'll see !! it may not be pretty, but we love to win ugly !!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:04 AM   #5
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I think there was a quote from New England during their streak that "when you win that many in a row, some of them are going to be ugly" Once again, why NCAA basketball is so pure, because no one cares about style points come tourney time, just win and advance.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:37 PM   #6
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

No respect! No respect! The Steelers get no respect!

What's new? It is annoying, yet I believe it is a motivation, as it always has been.

Curtis Martin only got 70 some yards against the Steelers, which was proclaimed as a great performance. 70 some yards, folks, from a Hall-of-Fame running back. Curtis did not fare as good in the December game either.

I saw the replay off the week 9 Halloween match-up of the Pats verses the Steelers at Heinz Feild on the NFL network last night. The Pats maybe rushed the ball 6 times, with no running game at all. Bradey did nothing but pass the ball.

The Patriots will definately run the ball more, which will take from their passing attack. They have a better chance offensively, yet still it is not going to be enough against the Steeler's defense.

I'm sick of the Patriots hype and can't wait for the pro-Patriot critics to be silence when the Steelers take the Bus to Jacksonville!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:59 PM   #7
Super_Bowl_Champ
Water Boy

Member Number: 196

All the sports writers are going to look pretty stupid after Pittsburgh destroys New England again. Tom Brady is over-rated... just look at how stupid we made him look last game. I can't wait until Farrior smacks that stupid grin off of his face on Sunday!
Super_Bowl_Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

The Steelers have always been a team that thrives in the underdog role. this is the first year in many many, that we have truely taken one game at a time. We havent gotten full of ourselves or listened to the media say we suck or we are good.

Steeler teams of the past have always gotten a big head after winning a few games in a row then we fall on our face against a team like the clowns or bungals..this year, we've been focused and the sky is the limit.

lets face it, the pats earned the right to be favorites, they've got 2-3 superbowls. if we unseat them, we'll get some respect, dont worry.

i like the underdog role, its motivating!!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:24 PM   #9
BigBenLover16
Water Boy

Member Number: 198

even though the Patriots are favored to win this game, I still believe that Steelers will win and I've always had faith in them all the way this season.....being the underdog is always fun!