Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: And so it Begins...

Well boo hoo!

I gotta say you Steeler fans are being a little precious about this whole thing - one minute you are telling the world how you are going to 'ram the football down our throats' with your esteemed ground game - then you're crying because you are being labelled as a primarily run first team.

That article is all based on fact - yes you are a running team, yes we are banged up in the secondary - and yes..as usual you are getting ahead of yourselves - worrying about what excuses the Pats are going to make WHEN they lose - lmao@ you guys - its all good.

I dont forecast any Steeler knickers becoming untwisted between now and kickoff though!

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Would it be better if they game was close?

Do we want to chance being over confident in the post season, if we were to play them again?

It may not mean a thing, I was just curous to see what everyone else thought.
Ha ha ha - sorry Cleve but this is the most absurd post I have seen in quite a while - you are now debating whether or not to blow us out of the water or take it easy to plan for future meet ups?

I have to wonder what on earth people are going to be posting on sunday.....

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #13
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Probably whether or not Polumalu will break the 7 sack record against you guys...

You know, optimism lowers the blood pressure.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #14
slashsteel

Member Number:

On Sunday we will be posting how sweet victory is. Will you be attending the party? :)
Old 09-23-2005, 06:30 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel
On Sunday we will be posting how sweet victory is. Will you be attending the party? :)
You probably only have to look at our respective post-counts to see which of us is the more likely to be attending this forum after one of our teams loses.

I heard that if the Steelers win everyone gets a free beer - if they lose its a crate ha ha!

Cheers

NM
Old 09-23-2005, 06:42 PM   #16
slashsteel

Member Number:

This isn't my main site I post on, trust me though I'll be here. Funny crate joke, you thought of that one all by yourself huh? Of course you did.

But I love arrogant posters, hanging out on boards other than their own. I even will go as far to suggest you jumped on the wagon after the pats first SB win didn't you? C'mon shed some light.
But when the reality sinks that your run is over, I hope you still post the same way. As it will almost be as entertaining as it is now.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:31 PM   #17
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Well boo hoo!

I gotta say you Steeler fans are being a little precious about this whole thing - one minute you are telling the world how you are going to 'ram the football down our throats' with your esteemed ground game - then you're crying because you are being labelled as a primarily run first team.

That article is all based on fact - yes you are a running team, yes we are banged up in the secondary - and yes..as usual you are getting ahead of yourselves - worrying about what excuses the Pats are going to make WHEN they lose - lmao@ you guys - its all good.

I dont forecast any Steeler knickers becoming untwisted between now and kickoff though!

Cheers

NM
Living, I think the entire reason for this post is because last year when we beat you in regular season, all we heard was that Dillion was out. Whatever, our "starting" QB was out and we found a way to win. I think injuries, while they suck, can't hold you back and be an excuse to why you lost. You have to move on and find a way to win, and Living whether you want to admit it or not...that was the excuse as to why we beat you last year in the regular season.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:27 AM   #18
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Would it be better if they game was close?

Do we want to chance being over confident in the post season, if we were to play them again?

It may not mean a thing, I was just curous to see what everyone else thought.
well lets just keep the one game at a time approach and lets just beat the hell out of everyone if we can and worry about that in the playoffs. but what the hell i'll give you what i think, i think this team is older and wisher. cowher will have them in the right mind set and i think we are to hungry to have a big let down like last year, i don't think ward wants to be on camera cryin again for not getting a ring for the bus. so IF we beat the crap out of them again i don't think they'll be to over confident IF we meet in the playoffs again
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:30 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel
This isn't my main site I post on, trust me though I'll be here. Funny crate joke, you thought of that one all by yourself huh? Of course you did.

But I love arrogant posters, hanging out on boards other than their own. I even will go as far to suggest you jumped on the wagon after the pats first SB win didn't you? C'mon shed some light.
But when the reality sinks that your run is over, I hope you still post the same way. As it will almost be as entertaining as it is now.
Thanks for the props - it means alot to me - if by arrogant you mean I back my team - then I guess im guilty.

Getting desperate for ammo aren't we? I mean c'mon I expect this 'bandwagon' nonsense from raiders fans ...not Steelers.
You are the one setting yourself up for a fall, I have not made so much as a prediction about sunday yet - apart from the fact it should be close.

I can feel how bad you want this - try and keep things in perspective - just because we beat up on you in last years playoffs - try and keep your focus on winning the whole thing - not just beating us.

Cheers

NM
Old 09-24-2005, 03:36 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Living, I think the entire reason for this post is because last year when we beat you in regular season, all we heard was that Dillion was out. Whatever, our "starting" QB was out and we found a way to win. I think injuries, while they suck, can't hold you back and be an excuse to why you lost. You have to move on and find a way to win, and Living whether you want to admit it or not...that was the excuse as to why we beat you last year in the regular season.
Hey BBGirl,

When two teams who are so evenly matched lose a key player then it has to have an effect on the game. Now the Pats fans who complain about this are probably right to feel aggrieved - but what do you care?

Just ignore them - I remember you telling me stop coming here expecting Steelers fans to bow down to us - maybe you should stop expecting Pats fans to bow down to a team that hammered us in the regular season but then got beat at home in the playoffs...

I'm pretty sure if Ben went out injured and you went on to lose we would hear all about how your back-up wasn't able to launch the deep ball etc etc

Im hoping for a game with no injuries....

Cheers

NM