Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-24-2005, 07:26 AM   #21
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: And so it Begins...

Just to clarify, I was condemning the media for making excuses SHOULD (not when) the Steelers win...Again, the whole hedging bets thing.

Somebody sure has their panties in a bunch in this thread, but I'm not sure it's any Steelers fans...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #22
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel
On Sunday we will be posting how sweet victory is. Will you be attending the party? :)

Hey Slash....see ya over there...my 2 cents...It will be sweet to shut the mouth's of the all knowing bandwagoners from patsieland!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:43 PM   #23
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey BBGirl,

When two teams who are so evenly matched lose a key player then it has to have an effect on the game. Now the Pats fans who complain about this are probably right to feel aggrieved - but what do you care?

Just ignore them - I remember you telling me stop coming here expecting Steelers fans to bow down to us - maybe you should stop expecting Pats fans to bow down to a team that hammered us in the regular season but then got beat at home in the playoffs...

I'm pretty sure if Ben went out injured and you went on to lose we would hear all about how your back-up wasn't able to launch the deep ball etc etc

Im hoping for a game with no injuries....

Cheers

NM
I believe in depth to having a good football team! Injuries happen every day, but you have to people that can step up and fill in when a starter goes down. I never make an injury excuse....I think it's the lamest excuse in the book! You guys can say it all you want, I could care less...so what ever you need to do to feel good about yourselves. The problem was last year we ended your streak and made the rest of the NFL see that you were infact a team that could be beat and maybe not so perfect as you all believe you are!

I can agree with your last sentence though...I hope we have an injury free game!

Good luck...see ya tomorrow!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:46 PM   #24
slashsteel

Member Number:

Hi 47 it just kills me when clueless posters run off at the mouth like this patsie maroon.

Maybe they forgot how pathetic their team was before this little run. Cowher has nothing to be ashamed of. And sure we want this win what fan doesn't want to win?

I could see if we were over at the patsie board talking crap, but we are showing the class act and supporting our team here.

Kiddies that run to other boards trying to brag never impress me. BTW pats fan if you want to see how a classy patsie poster acts come to the steelreign.org. We have one that could show you a few pointers.

But yes 47, I will be here Sunday night for the party! Victory is close at hand!
Old 09-24-2005, 11:39 PM   #25
sisitki
Water Boy

Member Number: 660

Yes, the media is already making excuses IF the Steelers win. But that's to be expected. The Pats won 3 of the last 4. They love these guys. If you read stuff after the playoffs last year, it was a given that the Pats would have beat us IF dillon had played.

As far as thinking about having a close game so we're not over confident in the playoffs. I've thought the same thing....I hate to admit that because it's an absurd thought!

These stupid Patsies are in our heads. We should kick their asses at every opportunity. Never hope for a close game.

Regardless of the regular season outcomes, if we can't get up for playoffs, especially for a team that routinely ends our Super Bowl quest.....we've got problems.
sisitki is offline   Reply With Quote