Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Big Ben ready for more no-huddle

Steelers' Big Ben ready for more no-huddle
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ben Roethlisberger said he and the rest of the starters could have done a better job with the no-huddle offense the Steelers unveiled Saturday night.

One thing that will help them run it more smoothly, Roethlisberger said, is simply more of an opportunity to do so.

After playing a total of three series in the Steelers' first two preseason games, Roethlisberger said he expects to get more playing time Saturday when the Steelers visit the Washington Redskins for an 8 p.m. game.

"I would assume a little more," the quarterback said when asked how much time he'll get. "Maybe a quarter."

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin wouldn't commit to how much action Roethlisberger would see against the Redskins.

"We'll let him know later in the week," Tomlin said Monday after practice "We're going to keep him guessing in regards to that."

One thing that Roethlisberger doesn't have to guess about is his expanded role in the offense.

The no-huddle offense will allow Roethlisberger to call more of his own plays, and Tomlin has said the Steelers will use it to change the pace of games.

Roethlisberger said the Steelers have six no-huddle packages as opposed to the four they had last season. They only used two of those packages in Saturday's 13-9 loss to the Green Bay Packers at Heinz Field.

"I think there will be a lot of no-huddle (this season)," said Roethlisberger, who played two series against the Packers.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_522048.html
Old 08-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Big Ben ready for more no-huddle

I honestly believer, the more they have in their repertoire, the better they are going to be. I really wish we would have had Ben about 7 years ago, and Cowher would have utilized him better.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I honestly believer, the more they have in their repertoire, the better they are going to be. I really wish we would have had Ben about 7 years ago, and Cowher would have utilized him better.
A QB with Ben's talents to mesh with a younger Bettis....Just scary..... Its a shame we wasted Jerome's prime....At least The Bus went out on top........

As for the no huddle and this new offense......I agree Preacher the more in their repertoire the better the offense will be.....This offense has the potential to be scary good........
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

Imagine the Steelers with a scary offense with a scary defense. OH MY!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
While I do agree with Ben and the O having more tricks up their sleeves and I am, admittedly, a huge fan of the no-huddle, let's not continue to bring up Cowher, Cowher, Cowher. He was a legendary Steelers coach, won a lot of games and has a Super Bowl W under his belt. Did you ever stop and think that Cowher may have "utilized Ben better" had Ben not started the season almost fresh out of a very serious surgery due to his own recklessness? This is now the Tomlin era and a new beginning for both Ben and the team as a whole. Let's move forward instead of backward.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

I love the fact that the Steelers are using the no huddle and that it is working well for now. My only fear is that they use it too much and don't manage the clock, and also leave our defense on the field too much. I still like the no huddle and if used properly we are going to be a terror in the AFCN
Old 08-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
I love the fact that the Steelers are using the no huddle and that it is working well for now. My only fear is that they use it too much and don't manage the clock, and also leave our defense on the field too much. I still like the no huddle and if used properly we are going to be a terror in the AFCN
I agree, but prob. with time working on it they will be able to manage the clock and make our offense even more tricky for the defense.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote