Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default Things you've heard about the Steelers in the off season from opposing fans

I saw that thread about what Steeler fans have been saying about changes, players and this season. So I thought we should write some stuff fans from other teams thought about the Steelers about this upcoming season. This is stuff that is absolutely ridiculous IMO. I'll start off......

-----Ben sucks, he'll never be the same again
-----Tomlin isn't Bill Cowher and he won't do (well ya know) in Pittsburgh
-----Everyone has there turn to have a down period for a long time, and it's the Steelers turn
-----The AFC North has been taken over by the Ravens and the Bengals
-----Browns have a much better future than the Steelers (yes I've heard that)
-----Hines Ward is overrated

Now there's more that I can't think of but I'm sure people on here will think of rediculous things that they've heard of from other teams fans.

My oh my, it's amazing how people TOTTALLY have there opinions changed when not looking at the actual big picture.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Things you've heard about the Steelers in the off season from opposing fans

All I hear is the steelers suck, and all I do is show them the rings. But as our dear friend Piss my stripes(RIP) would say "you're living in the past", I say "Anthony Smith is gonna come get ya"
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
LambertLunatic
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2563
Default Re: Things you've heard about the Steelers in the off season from opposing fans

How about "Troy Polamalu is only an average SS"? At first, I laughed when I read this on a bengals board, until I realized that like their team, bengal fans know nothing about defense.
LambertLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #4
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
All I hear is the steelers suck, and all I do is show them the rings. But as our dear friend Piss my stripes(RIP) would say "you're living in the past", I say "Anthony Smith is gonna come get ya"
See I never do that to anyone unless they get REALLY bad which is what kiss my stripes was.

People just don't care about the past and I understand that. However, I actually try to explain to them why the Steelers didn't make the playoffs last year (Ben hurt/distractions, Cowher not giving a damn, other key players hurt). Then I say how after all that the Steelers were still ONE win away from making the playoffs.

There response "blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses." I'm sorry but those are not excuses, those are very legit reasons.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,430 Times in 517 Posts

The only one I've heard that has annoyed me somewhat is that "we've lost all our good defensive players," simply by letting Porter walk. Right - ask the Dolphins how their $30 million+ investment in Peezy is working out so far.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #6
Newzfoxjr
Starter

Member Number: 4116

My dad, who is a Saints fan who claims they'll go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl against the Pats, handily, says the Steelers will go 5-11 at best.

=\
Newzfoxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:56 AM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

"The Steelers suck." I get that one daily.

"You let Porter go, you have no defense now." I didn't know one man made the defense.

"Polamalu is in the bottom third of NFL safties." Yes, a Browns fan said that. Browns fans don't know much about defense.

"Mike Tomlin was hired because he was black." Wow, what a complete retard.

"Arians is your OC? Wow, your offense is gonna blow." Wasn't he the OC for Cleveland the one year they went to the playoffs?

"Romeo Crenell is going to have a better season than the Tomlin." Someone was dropped on their head as a baby. Then again, getting fired from the Browns head coaching position might just be better than making the playoffs.

"Charlie Frye is better than Ben Wothlessberger." If by better you mean can't quarterback his way out of a wet paper bag, then I would have to agree with you.

"The Browns will sweep the Steelers this year." Someone didn't take his medication.

"Brady Quinn will have more Super Bowl rings than Ben Toothlessberger at the end of their careers." Yeah, if Quinn backs up Ben for the rest of his career...then backs up the Super Bowl winning QB we draft after Ben retires.

"KW2 is going to kick some Steeler ass this year." ******.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 AM   #8
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

I love it how NFL fans bashed and bashed and bashed Cowher but as soon as he leaves everyone says how the Steelers won't be the same without him. WTF???

It's tough being a Steeler fan, it really is.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #9
BOXCAR JOEY
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 3729

Ive heard every year for the last 10 years that " this is going to be the year of the browns" and every year its the same thing. down the drain hahahahaha

WIN OR LOSE.........I still bleed black and gold.
Http://www.Myspace.com/Trappedinemerica
BOXCAR JOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:23 AM   #10
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

I've heard all of the above. I have also heard that Steelers will have an 11-5 season. I'd be ok with that actually.