Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-16-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default I'm not going to lie.....

I feel better about this year than last year about the team overall. Some of you may think I'm lieing because last year we were SB defending champs and how can you not feel good about the team. But I just had a weird feeling that Ben wasn't going to be himself. He had that motorcycle accident, and the apadectmy. Plus he was having troubles with his thumb. Add to the fact that they were problems with Cowher and how there was controversy of whether or not he was going to retire.

This year everything is new and fresh. Ben is back and healthy, no controversy with any players, and we are flying under the radar where we're most dangerous. Airens is going to let Ben do his own thing which should open up the offense which should make it better. The defense is and always will be very good since Leabeau is the d coordinator. Cowher last year just wasn't himself. He didn't have the passion to win anymore and it showed on the field.

I just feel great about this season. I feel much better about Ben, and I think Tomlin is going to do great with the offense. I don't think the Steelers will win the division but every day I feel like we can more and more. Just remember we are the Steelers!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: I'm not going to lie.....

I agree with all you said, except not winning the division. AFC North champs has the steelers name all over it, we're about to get that title back after 2 long years
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default There are 2 keys to this season...

2 keys to this season in whether or not the Steelers make the playoffs or not. Here are they IMO...

1. Offensive Line - This offense has some potential to be top 5. Franchise QB, Pro Bowl RB, solid, underrated WR's, and the coaching should be improved with Airens. However, if the oline is below average, then Ben will be running for his life most of the time which could plague the offense. I'm pumped about this new offense but if the oline can't help Ben and block for him, Ben will be sacked a lot and throw forced pass which could result into INT's. Starks is horrible IMO. Put him on the right side and maybe he'll do better. Hopefully Mahan or Oboki step up this season. Right now, I'm worried about the oline.

2. Injuires to key players - Last year what killed us of NOT going to the playoff were injuries. Polamalu was out for a game or two (can't remember) and we all know what happened to Ben last season. Take all that crap away from them and other players, the Steelers make the playoffs. If Ben gets hurt this season and is out for a long period of time, we're screwed. I know Batch is a good back up but he's no Ben. Hopefully Ben, or Troy, or any other Steeler players doesn't get hurt, or we could miss the playoffs again.

Agree? Disagree? Any more keys?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

You mentioned injuries and Ben being injured...Yes he is huge to the teams success......But Willie Parker and Marvel Smith are bigger keys to this team....Could you imagine if Willie or Marvel got hurt for any length of time?

If Parker went down then Dookie would be the feature back...That =screwed for the season...lol

As for Marvel Smith...I don't think he is a great LT but he is solid...But if he goes down....Then who will play LT? Max Starks...lol I'm willing to bet Alan Faneca would slide to LT but that would leave a huge hole at LG......

So yes Ben is huge to this teams success.....But both Parker and Smith must stay healthy....or this team is screwed.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i must agree that losing willie would be terrible!

i have to also say that i have questions about our defense. What??? question our defense you say!??

i just feel a little uneasy that we have lost great part of the soul of our defense. i know porter will be replaced eventually, but will this d be able to rise to the occasion and get fired up when the chips are down?? it takes a lot of charisma to get a team fired up, and like porter or not, he was able to do it every time.

i saw woodley level a guy in a preseason game which was awesome. then he bent down a put his hand out to help him up. of course the guy (don't know who it was) rolled the other direction and hopped up. i just thought "wow!! that's not what porter would've done!" (woodley will be just fine, he'll figure out this isn't college ball soon enough.)

i still have questions though. i look for them to be answered soon.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #6
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: There are 2 keys to this season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastWillieParker39 View Post
2 keys to this season in whether or not the Steelers make the playoffs or not. Here are they IMO...

1. Offensive Line - This offense has some potential to be top 5. Franchise QB, Pro Bowl RB, solid, underrated WR's, and the coaching should be improved with Airens. However, if the oline is below average, then Ben will be running for his life most of the time which could plague the offense. I'm pumped about this new offense but if the oline can't help Ben and block for him, Ben will be sacked a lot and throw forced pass which could result into INT's. Starks is horrible IMO. Put him on the right side and maybe he'll do better. Hopefully Mahan or Oboki step up this season. Right now, I'm worried about the oline.

2. Injuires to key players - Last year what killed us of NOT going to the playoff were injuries. Polamalu was out for a game or two (can't remember) and we all know what happened to Ben last season. Take all that crap away from them and other players, the Steelers make the playoffs. If Ben gets hurt this season and is out for a long period of time, we're screwed. I know Batch is a good back up but he's no Ben. Hopefully Ben, or Troy, or any other Steeler players doesn't get hurt, or we could miss the playoffs again.

Agree? Disagree? Any more keys?

Totally agree. OL is the biggest key.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote