Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Let the Manning arse sucking begin

Jaworski can't even wait until the regular season for us to hear the sucking sound. I hate him as much as Theisman.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS03/708190410

Jaworski sees big year for Manning
By Mike Chappell

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Finally winning "the big one'' will change Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, according to ESPN broadcast analyst Ron Jaworski.

"I'm convinced the weight of the world is off his shoulders,'' said Jaworski, who visited camp Saturday in preparation for Monday night's telecast of the Bears-Colts preseason game. "Now he can take a deep breath and exhale. I think he can play looser now.''
Despite being a two-time NFL MVP and being voted to seven Pro Bowls, Manning often was criticized for not taking the Colts to the Super Bowl. He finally accomplished that in February, and was named MVP in the Colts' 29-17 victory over the Bears.
"Now Peyton doesn't have to prove to the world that 'I can win it,' '' Jaworski said. "He finally dispelled that myth. He's got that big rock on his finger and he can just play loose and free. He has to be absolutely thrilled.
"I believe he is the best quarterback in the game and when he's done he'll be recognized as the best quarterback ever to play the game.''
Old 08-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Let the Manning arse sucking begin

I can deal with Peyton getting his balls sucked on by the media. He probally is the best QB in the game right now.

However, when Elisha is getting sucked off by the media, I want to puke. All he has done is lose big games. He's got shit for brains, I think Archie dropped him on his head as a child.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

It seems fair enough - to imagine that finally winning a ring will take alot of the pressure off his shoulders.

I imagine he will put up some great numbers in the regular season, as usual, maybe even more so this year as their D is looking about as weak as it ever has.

Despite being MVP of the Superbowl he only really had one good game in the postseason (that, unfortunately, came against the Patriots) and ended up with the type of stat line (over the course of the playoffs) that would make you think 'Dilfer' and not 'Montana'
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,340 Times in 2,904 Posts

Manning is in a 2 man race for best QB in the league, but with regard to the team he is on I get the feeling the Colts may be following the 2006 Steelers pattern of being the dog that finally caught the Super Bowl car it had been chasing and will go downhill from there.

As was the case with the 2005 Steelers, the 2006 Colts were not the best edition of that team as it had been assembled. While Dungy will have the 2007 Colts more focused than Cowher's 2006 Steelers, the combination of scheduled and unscheduled departures are going to result in a decline. The Colts look like a one shot winner to me as their SB win was an end rather than a beginning of success for that group of players.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #5
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I can deal with Peyton getting his balls sucked on by the media. He probally is the best QB in the game right now.

However, when Elisha is getting sucked off by the media, I want to puke. All he has done is lose big games. He's got shit for brains, I think Archie dropped him on his head as a child.
You've got me rolling on the floor this morning. lol

I'm as sick of hearing about the Manning boys as the next guy, but that new commercial with both of them where Archie is in the back yard with Matt Lienart is also pretty damn funny. I think its a Direct TV spot.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post

I'm with you. Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL in my opinion. When you are the best (or one of), you get attention. I'm sure if the guy was wearing a Steeler jersey not many would have a problem with the attention Manning receives.

When it comes to Eli, that's where I draw the line. Show me something first, then get the attention. You earn it, he hasn't earned a damned thing. At the same time, I can't blame Eli. It's not his fault the likes of ESPN and SI enjoy praising overrated, underachieving athletes or athletes who have yet to make a name for themselves.

Praise Peyton, he's earned it.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Best QB in the NFL? Please.....I'll take a guy with multi Super Bowls like Brady who had nowhere the offensive talent around him that Golden Boy Manning has enjoyed.......I hate Brady to but he is the best in my opinion...Manning is 2nd.......

Big Ben is nowhere the QB Peyton is....But i still find it funny that Ben played much better in his teams run to the Super Bowl the Peyton did last year....lol

I wouldn't want Peyton on the Steelers.....He would have to throw in the elements in Pittsburgh.....He wouldn't have his comfortable RCA Dome for 8 games.....I'll never forget when the Colts whined like little school girls before the 2003 AFC title game since they had to play outside in the elements in New England.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

There's a shocker....
Old 08-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Don't get me wrong Peyton Manning is a great QB.........I think he is a first ballot Hall of Famer...I just think he isn't the best QB in the NFL right now or even the best QB of alltime...Ask most Colts fans around here and they think Peyton is the best of alltime...I'll take Johnny Unitas....

Plus Manning has had all-pro talent around him his whole career on offense...Plus when he throws an INT its never his fault according to Colts fans...Either Harrison, Wayne or an other WR ran the wrong route...lol Plus he plays in a Dome...I know thats not Peytons fault...But I hate domes..lol Football should be played in the elements....

If anybody is sick of Peyton and the love fest he gets...Try living in Indiana....Yes Steelers are just as bad with Big Ben....But for real in Indiana.......Peyton is up there with Jesus Christ....lol They think Peyton walks on water..lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #10
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

as i was telling a friend of mine, of the four qbs that came out of the 2004 draft i think rivers and losman will win a superbowl before eli.. and you see how tiki threw eli under the bus and backed it up on him during the halftime show of the ravens/giants game.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote