Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #11
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: 2 WVU players BUSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
SteelMan... do i need to get out my wok and wok you upside the head????????? how dare you insult my beloved Uof M by saying that chris henry went there... remember we sent the nfl tom brady aka sperminator ...lol
I was just checking TMB. I'm a Penn State fan after all and sometimes I can't resist stirring crap with Michigan.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I was just checking TMB. I'm a Penn State fan after all and sometimes I can't resist stirring crap with Michigan.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (in my darth vader voice).. oh SteelMan, i am so disappointed in you now.... (shaking her head and walking away)

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Well, looks like Rodriguez doesn't mess around. It's refreshing to see....

WVU players suspended after arrest
Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mountaineers coach Rich Rodriguez this afternoon announced that two prospective defensive starters have been suspended indefinitely, a period that could last anywhere from two games to the entire season for No. 3 West Virginia.

In a brief statement, Rodriguez said that redshirt freshman linebacker J.T. Thomas, who had been practicing with the first team, and junior-college cornerback Ellis Lankster, vying for a starting or regular role, had been suspended pending the legal process.

Lankster and Thomas are scheduled to appear before a Monongalia County magistrate Sept. 10 in separate felony preliminary hearings, a proceeding that determines probable cause to bind over a case to the county's Circuit Court. That means Lankster, 21, a Whistler, Ala., resident and junior-college All-American who came to West Virginia last January from Jones County (Miss.) Junior College, and Thomas, 19, a Fort Lauderdale, Fla., resident and son of a former Mountaineers linebacker of the same initials, would miss the Western Michigan and Marshall games at minimum.

Both were arrested by Morgantown police early Sunday morning, roughly three hours after an 11 p.m. curfew imposed by Rodriguez, and charged with one count each of transferring and receiving stolen property, a felony. They were arraigned later Sunday and released on their own recognizance after posting $5,000 bond. Lankster and Thomas were attending a party from where a computer was reported stolen, and police later arrested them at 1:51 a.m. after finding a laptop in Lankster's car and after Thomas told police he just purchased it second-hand at a McDonald's for $35, according to the criminal complaint.

If their case is held over for court, the players could attempt to reach a plea agreement with authorities, a move that might hasten their return to the field. Failing that, the county's Prosecuting Attorneys office would present evidence to a county grand jury, which, if it doesn't decide in early September on charges and a court date to follow, wouldn't be able to hear the case again until it reconvenes after New Year's Day -- the prospective end of the football season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07233/811056-100.stm
Old 08-22-2007, 01:45 AM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Well, looks like Rodriguez doesn't mess around. It's refreshing to see....

WVU players suspended after arrest
Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mountaineers coach Rich Rodriguez this afternoon announced that two prospective defensive starters have been suspended indefinitely, a period that could last anywhere from two games to the entire season for No. 3 West Virginia.

In a brief statement, Rodriguez said that redshirt freshman linebacker J.T. Thomas, who had been practicing with the first team, and junior-college cornerback Ellis Lankster, vying for a starting or regular role, had been suspended pending the legal process.

Lankster and Thomas are scheduled to appear before a Monongalia County magistrate Sept. 10 in separate felony preliminary hearings, a proceeding that determines probable cause to bind over a case to the county's Circuit Court. That means Lankster, 21, a Whistler, Ala., resident and junior-college All-American who came to West Virginia last January from Jones County (Miss.) Junior College, and Thomas, 19, a Fort Lauderdale, Fla., resident and son of a former Mountaineers linebacker of the same initials, would miss the Western Michigan and Marshall games at minimum.

Both were arrested by Morgantown police early Sunday morning, roughly three hours after an 11 p.m. curfew imposed by Rodriguez, and charged with one count each of transferring and receiving stolen property, a felony. They were arraigned later Sunday and released on their own recognizance after posting $5,000 bond. Lankster and Thomas were attending a party from where a computer was reported stolen, and police later arrested them at 1:51 a.m. after finding a laptop in Lankster's car and after Thomas told police he just purchased it second-hand at a McDonald's for $35, according to the criminal complaint.

If their case is held over for court, the players could attempt to reach a plea agreement with authorities, a move that might hasten their return to the field. Failing that, the county's Prosecuting Attorneys office would present evidence to a county grand jury, which, if it doesn't decide in early September on charges and a court date to follow, wouldn't be able to hear the case again until it reconvenes after New Year's Day -- the prospective end of the football season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07233/811056-100.stm

The Bengals may have a head coach spot....... naaaaaa,,, Half the team would be suspended.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:10 AM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
The Bengals may have a head coach spot....... naaaaaa,,, Half the team would be suspended.
Nope. But from the looks of it, they will have two future prospects.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:10 AM   #16
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

we know the next two draft picks for the bengals...lol and chris henry can be their mentor

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2277

damn, this is weak...lol....i go and laugh and talk about the pitt guys getting in trouble and of course a couple mountaineers fo and do something worse....ohh well they wont be on the team much longer, and to the comments about recruiting classy players, u may strongly dislike wvu but rich rodriguez has been nuthing but classy and so have his players that he recruited, pac amn and henry were left from neilen, hense why neither pac man or henry claim wvu as their school, they both claim their high schools
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #18
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
we know the next two draft picks for the bengals...lol and chris henry can be their mentor
He'll teach them very well.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I hate to say it, because I think Rodriguez is a classy guy, but WVU is selling their souls to win. It's no coincidence that as the program improves, the arrests start to pile up. He needs to recruit good characters who can play football.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #20
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I hate to say it, because I think Rodriguez is a classy guy, but WVU is selling their souls to win. It's no coincidence that as the program improves, the arrests start to pile up. He needs to recruit good characters who can play football.
Yeah I'm actually pretty good friends with Rich Rodriguez's cusins and from what I hear, from them, he's a pretty good guy. They say that it is his brother that you gotta watch out for.