Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-25-2005, 11:59 PM   #11
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: Class check...

Koopa
You're being a little hard on him
EL does make good plays
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:03 AM   #12
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

yeah he makes good plays but then he comes back and makes 2 bad plays to out do the good ones. everytime i see him play he wants to run before he catches the ball, only if he'd stop doing that he'd be badass, he drops to much and he made a boneheaded mistake.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:06 AM   #13
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Do you think we could have won the first 2 games without El ?? He had alot of big plays for us, first down catches, stretching the field,blocking etc. El is a part of this offense that we need, right now he's our stretch the field guy..he had 2 good games, and this one left something to be desired from him yes. But dont hang him solely for it!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:08 AM   #14
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Do you think we could have won the first 2 games without El ?? He had alot of big plays for us, first down catches, stretching the field,blocking etc. El is a part of this offense that we need, right now he's our stretch the field guy..he had 2 good games, and this one left something to be desired from him yes. But dont hang him solely for it!
Very well said. I couldn't agree with you more.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:18 AM   #15
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity

yeah i know we would've won, it was the titans and the texans. wilson is the same kinda player he is, but wilson seems smarter not lookin to run before he has the ball in his hands. i know it ain't soley his fault but he's the biggest reason we lost this one game, and since we take it one game at a time this was the only game that matters right now.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:18 AM   #16
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Lets stop beating around the bush. Anyone who thinks that one play lost you the game, either doesn't understand football, or can't admit the best team won today. It's like anyone who says we lost to you last year because Dillion didn't play. Bullshit. You beat us. You were the better team that day.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:24 AM   #17
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Yep, now thats the hardwork Ive come to know and respect YOu guys deserved to celebrate the win, you earned it. We had our chances to put you away several times, but we continually shot ourselves in the foot, or you guys made good plays.

You earned the win, congrats !!!

But we'll see ya in January
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:43 AM   #18
Koopa
Living Legend

we won't see them in january we'll be meeting the colts in the afcc game
Old 09-26-2005, 01:31 AM   #19
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Sorry I'm late, SD and NYG crowd wouldn't leave...anyways, wanted to sound off and show the NE guys that we are stand up around here. I can't fault the PATS at all. Only concern for them was again turnovers and penalties although it didn't hurt them this week, it may come back to be a thorn, no? As for us, man if we can't solidfy our middle D against the pats they will run the back and crossings all day long. While blitz pick up was shaky at best, I think it cast a light on the fact that our time of poss. is down from last year and our guys just might be getting worn against better scheme team like the pats.(by scheme I am refering to their knack for having more than 5 different looking rush styles). Props again to Tom Brady. Perfect in the 4th. Might be answering the Bill B/Brady chicken/egg thing. With only a few afternoon games today, we were a little empty with NE fans for this game? We are usually pretty packed from what they say. 4th quarter was scary quiet from the kitchen I must say. Thanks for giving us the measuring stick. Will adjust my power rankings shortly.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:27 AM   #20
dropKickMurphy
Water Boy

Member Number: 443

The Pats/Steelers games over the past few seasons have been absolute slugfests on both sides of the ball. Both teams play a similar style, and match up closely personel wise. After a few one-sided games, it was nice to finally see a tight game between these teams.

Much as I'd like to see the Pats get an easier schedule, I have to admit I'm glad we've had the chance to see the Steelers so much over the past few years. This is developing into a nice rivalry, with plenty of hate (as well as plenty of respect) on both sides. Brady and Rothlesberger both have many years of greatness ahead of them. I'd like nothing better than to see them continue to go up against each other for the next 10 years.
dropKickMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote