Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default Offense not as good as we think it is going to be?

Now I'll admit, when I first heard about this new offense I was excited. To me it sounded like we were going to have a more balanced attack where we were going to pass more. Also, more players like Ward and Holmes were going to get more opportunities to shine.

However, as I'm reading more articles and watching the preseason game I'm wondering if this offense is going to be as good as we think it's going to be. I mean the oline is still a big mystery, Ben while healthy won't be able to shine if the oline doesn't block for him, and Parker just got off of a injury. Add to the fact that I think Arians might be doing too much with the offense. I like that we are going to pass more but I'm still skeptical on whether or not I like Ben with that much control. I know Ben is a good QB, but with the 23 INT's last year, I'm wondering whether or not he can come back and play up to his level.

I don't know, to me it just seems like this offense could be a big let down and it could cost us big time (as in a playoff birth).

Thoughts?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Offense not as good as we think it is going to be?

everything will be fine with the offense... last year we all know that ben was rushed back too soon and that was the reason for the 23 INTs.

faith my young jedi ...lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

what was that one year that our starting offense only scored (add small number here)...i believe we went 15-1 that year, correct me if im wrong. Im not worried at all, its preseason haha. i have confidence in big ben and the offense
Old 08-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Reading into pre season and jumping the gun on well this might not be is good is the wrong way to look at it. Many times ,, well 1000's of games from the first pre season game to now has had offense after offense look not so good to bad but when season starts thats when you start to watch and see and then by mid season you get a ruff ideal if it will work are not.

And when you install a new offense it might take more then just 1 year to get it worked in and running smoothly. You cannot give up on it after a few pre season games. Make a rush to judge will only have you guessing until the season starts.

Sit back relax, let the new coaches do there job..
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

And the Pats are 0-2. My point? It's only preseason. Relax, folks.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i must agree that this is only preseason. lets wait and see what happens when the season starts. willie was sooo good last year (i just watched a recap of his performance last year) and that can change everything. keep a defense reeling from a tough running game, and then sneek a 50 yard pass to holmes on 2nd down.... the sky is the limit if everyone stays healthy.

that said, expect some adjustment, lots of new coaching staff and plays will do that.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhess View Post
i must agree that this is only preseason. lets wait and see what happens when the season starts. willie was sooo good last year (i just watched a recap of his performance last year) and that can change everything. keep a defense reeling from a tough running game, and then sneek a 50 yard pass to holmes on 2nd down.... the sky is the limit if everyone stays healthy.

that said, expect some adjustment, lots of new coaching staff and plays will do that.
:i agree:

Awesome sig too delhess.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,139 Times in 2,828 Posts

If you go by preseson offenses, Green Bay whacking Seattle 48-13 last weekend makes the Packers the prohibitive favorites in the NFC.

If you believe that there are some finance companies that have some unbelievable buys on subprime mortgages that they would like to sell to you.

Getting out of preseson with no major injuries is about all you can ask for.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #9
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

if nobody else is going to say it, then i will... i am worried about the offense. the oline couldnt pass block for shit last year and heading into this season, it doesnt look any better. no hartings, RT is still undecided, center isnt decided yet, and faneca isnt happy... i dont care about preseason performance, nothing we did in the offseason would lead me to believe this oline will be a stellar group, or at least keep ben healthy for an entire season. i hope im wrong. but i will wait and see.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #10
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

Thats another one of my worries I forgot and it is trying to get used to a new system. Every offensive player in the past has been so used to the run first system that it might take them a while to hit all cylanders.

At the same time we don't need a great offense to win games, if we limit turnovers this year (which KILLED us last year) we will have a good season because the defense is top 10.