Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-27-2007, 08:57 AM   #711
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903
Default Re: Steelers vs. Eagles Game Day Thread - 8/26/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I was actually pretty impressed with the line tonight...and Fanaca didn't do the best... but that is about what we can expect from him this year.

Alan was recognized even by Al and John for performing well in the game. There were some highlights of his blocks also.

Being that he is a professional, on the football field, I guess I'm curious what you would expect from him? He has made his frustration clearly known; He has also made his commitment clearly known. He will play hard this year, as a Pittsburgh Steeler.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #712
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Just a few opinions...

Minus a few turnovers, I thought the offense looked pretty solid. Roethlisberger made a couple of bonehead decisions. The INT early was just idiotic. His passes thrown behind WR's. At the same time, he also made a couple of nice plays. Buying time and finding a guy late. Also, I felt our screen passes are looking very good up to this point compared to last season. Davenport is showing his worth on the screens. Also nice to see Miller pull in a few.

Charlie Batch is something else. Last night he was looking like our #1. I find it hard to find another #2 in the league I would rather have on this team. I can breath a little easier knowing we have Homestead Charlie behind Roethlisberger in case of emergency.

Minus the Washington game, I felt our defense is playing pretty damn good. Holding Philly to 115 yards at halftime with three sacks and unlike the Washington game, getting off the field on third downs (Philly 1 for 7 at HT). Not bad at all.

Our punt return still scares the hell out of me. I'm not sure how many chances you give Reid before you decide to close that party down. Is it going to take a "Colclough lesson" during the regular season? I hope not. Fumbling the ball is only half his problem. He doesn't hit the lanes or put on any moves. He has yet to show me anything. At this point, I would rather see Wilson back there returning. It's not as if we have many other solid options on PR's.

Sepulveda shanked a punt. It happens. The kid has been booming them since August 5. I'm not concerned.

For the most part, I'm pleased with the way our first teamers are playing. There are some kinks that need to be worked out (I'd have to believe that's the case with many other teams), although PR is still a glaring concern in my book.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:43 AM   #713
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post

Alan was recognized even by Al and John for performing well in the game. There were some highlights of his blocks also.

Being that he is a professional, on the football field, I guess I'm curious what you would expect from him? He has made his frustration clearly known; He has also made his commitment clearly known. He will play hard this year, as a Pittsburgh Steeler.
I two specific plays jump out at me.

1. Fanaca COMPLETELY blew an assignment, and allowed a DE to blow through and hit Ben. Fanaca stepped up a couple of steps and hit a LB... who wasn't rushing.

2. Fanaca pulled on a play, shot up ahead of the RB, and hit a defender. the thing is.. he TAPPED him, and fell down. Both arms crossed, like he was afraid of getting injured.

Then I go back to what he said before the season, about being worried about injury, not going ALL OUT... and all of a sudden, I am MUCH more suspect of him.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #714
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I two specific plays jump out at me.

1. Fanaca COMPLETELY blew an assignment, and allowed a DE to blow through and hit Ben. Fanaca stepped up a couple of steps and hit a LB... who wasn't rushing.

2. Fanaca pulled on a play, shot up ahead of the RB, and hit a defender. the thing is.. he TAPPED him, and fell down. Both arms crossed, like he was afraid of getting injured.

Then I go back to what he said before the season, about being worried about injury, not going ALL OUT... and all of a sudden, I am MUCH more suspect of him.
Until he proves otherwise, I won't be surprised if I see him going 80%, if that, on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote