Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,433 Times in 3,551 Posts
Default Dale Jr. Critical of #8 Fans...

...as he defends teresa. i cant respect him anymore than i already do, but i can definitely appreciate how nobody takes the "high road" better than him in professional sports.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...esa/index.html

Quote:
"I think it's about time we give Teresa a break," Earnhardt said. "She makes the decision on that number because she owns it. And as much as I am disappointed and frustrated over the fact that I don't get to keep driving the No. 8, the stuff that I read on the Internet and the stuff that I'm hearing is going on -- the remarks about her, directed toward her -- I don't think anybody deserves that.

"I just think everybody needs to lay off a little bit because she was married to my daddy and I know he wouldn't be too happy about what's going on, what's being said about her. So that just kind of bothers me a little bit."

"If people just take a step back and look, she hasn't done anything intentionally detrimental to me. I've got a good future, a good opportunity in my hands. She's doing what she feels like she needs to do.

Junior, who is not married, spoke like an outraged parent as he defended his stepmother and his half-sister, Taylor.

"I hate to see somebody be crucified on the Internet like Teresa has," Earnhardt said. "She's got a daughter that goes to school, that's got friends and she has to put up with that stuff. It's just hardcore, man.

"People have been really, really rude and really way over the line on some of the things that have been said. I know Teresa doesn't know half of it because she won't read it and she won't put up with it. If anybody in their right mind knew that was going on they wouldn't be around it and deal with it.

"But it still gets back to Taylor. Nobody deserves that. It ain't fair."
by no means im i a dale sr. fan, but any respect i have for him can be attributed to his son. jr. is the one who humanized "the intimidator" in my eyes. i admire the way jr. still looks out for his dad, and is concerned about what he thinks (or would think if he were alive).

"honor thy father...."
Old 08-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Dale Jr. Critical of #8 Fans...

Actually, NASCAR owns the number, and she just leases it from them. But the net effect is the same. But this does kind of reflect on the nature of your typical Jr. fan, I guess.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Actually, NASCAR owns the number, and she just leases it from them. But the net effect is the same. But this does kind of reflect on the nature of your typical Jr. fan, I guess.
not to get bogged down in the semantics of it (as im sure jr wont) but if i lease a car or a haouse, i will assume it is mine until i make the decision to quit leasing it.

however we can turn this into a thread about how stupid one thinks dale jr and all his fans are if you so desire (although its completely besides the point)

i just hope kurt bush continues racking up a win for everyone j. gordon pisses away. i dont wanna see jr. make the chase. he'll have plenty of opportunities in the future. team hendrick will see to that.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Jesus. Dale Jr himself is admitting it with statements like:

"I hate to see somebody be crucified on the Internet like Teresa has," Earnhardt said. "She's got a daughter that goes to school, that's got friends and she has to put up with that stuff. It's just hardcore, man.

"People have been really, really rude and really way over the line on some of the things that have been said. I know Teresa doesn't know half of it because she won't read it and she won't put up with it. If anybody in their right mind knew that was going on they wouldn't be around it and deal with it."

What exactly do you think he's referring to? It's a bunch of assward backed hilljack rednecks who have no idea what is actually occurring just lashing out at whatever easy target they can find. And these are the smart ones who actually went to the library and figured out how to get online. These are the same people who are gonna have a real challenge cheering against themselves next year, but it might be fun to watch!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:14 AM   #5
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Say it with me............overrated.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Say it with me............overrated.
From a marketing standpoint, he's probably underrated, but as far as driving a car? Kyle Busch will be a better career driver.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
From a marketing standpoint, he's probably underrated, but as far as driving a car? Kyle Busch will be a better career driver.
I hate Bud, don't wear Wranglers, and don't drive a Chevy. I guess the Dale Jr mojo doesn't work on me.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

That's why he's underrated. Do you know how many rednecks there are out there who think Bud really is the King of Beers? That Wrangler jeans are the pinnacle of fashion? And the few out there who drink Natural Light and wear Toughskins will soon be converted.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:58 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,419 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

overated
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #10
tony hipchest

Quote:

What exactly do you think he's referring to? It's a bunch of assward backed hilljack rednecks who have no idea what is actually occurring just lashing out at whatever easy target they can find. And these are the smart ones who actually went to the library and figured out how to get online. These are the same people who are gonna have a real challenge cheering against themselves next year, but it might be fun to watch!
what a dense statement. if i didnt think all gordon & johnson fans were a bunch of butt plugging, cheese cutting, whine sipping, homos, i might object. and these are the ones who take the penis out of their rear long enough to actually sit down and watch a race and pull the schlong out of their throats long enough to bitch about it. all the others are bandwaggon jumping spermbanks who cant say shit.

jeeze, why did you make me have to go and defend the 'necks? of course i dont despise them as much as others, i simply find them comical.

however, i agree, nothing beats a slapfest amongst the whine and 'neck crowd! its fun to watch.