Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Angry Re: Dale Jr. Critical of #8 Fans...

It is very hard for me NOT to say something very rude in this thread.. so, with God's help I am gonna say a prayer for all of you that is in here making fun of anyone of any race or stature. Just remember.. No One Is Better Than Anyone Else Here~~
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Dale Jr. Critical of #8 Fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
what a dense statement. if i didnt think all gordon & johnson fans were a bunch of butt plugging, cheese cutting, whine sipping, homos, i might object. and these are the ones who take the penis out of their rear long enough to actually sit down and watch a race and pull the schlong out of their throats long enough to bitch about it. all the others are bandwaggon jumping spermbanks who cant say shit.

jeeze, why did you make me have to go and defend the 'necks? of course i dont despise them as much as others, i simply find them comical.

however, i agree, nothing beats a slapfest amongst the whine and 'neck crowd! its fun to watch.
This is comic genius if it's a joke, and incredibly disturbing if it's for real. One would typically have to go to a bowling alley in West Virginia on nickel beer night around the first of the month at 2 o'clock in the morning to hear this kind of ignorance. But there is an interesting point here.

On one hand, you have the ignorant hillbillies thinking that all Hendrick fans are gay, drink wine, and complain, which I'm sure a very small percentage may actually fit into that mold. We'll ignore this, since it's obviously 90% jealousy. On the other, you have the "New NASCAR fans" thinking that all the old school rednecks drink Bud, live in trailer parks, and wear Wrangler jeans. But look on TV! Bud is on the hood of Junior's car. And who is that hocking Wrangler jeans? And when I drive past trailer parks, the "8" flag is ubiquitous.

But the two will have to learn to live together next year, and I can't wait to see the outcome.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,189 Times in 3,490 Posts

*WHOOOOSHH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
This is comic genius if it's a joke,

But the two will have to learn to live together next year, and I can't wait to see the outcome.
thanks. although i'd call it more satirical commentary on the stereotypes that were being perpetuated in this thread. it is funny how it works both ways though.

"bowling alley in west virginia".... now that is comedy pyrite, right there!

we agree though. gordon fans will have to visit their plastic surgeons about 5 times to scrunch their brows low enough to root for their new "teammate". its just a shame (more obvious sarcasm) jr. wont get a chance to compete for the cup against his "rivalries" one last time.

and may i suggest that driving by too many trailor parks and believing everything you see on tv distorts reality?

and the pinnacle of irony? all the "new NASCAR fans" who have jumped on the bandwagon of a southern redneck sport and complain about all the redneck fans who actually built the wagon they are more than happy to ride on.

"whaaaaa. they drink beer and wear wranglers, my vinyards and versaci jeans will never gain sponsorship now!"

thats the great thing about being a kurt busch fan. hes just an ******* in everyones eyes, which makes me appreciate the fans of stewart, harvick, and newman. the fans hatred against them is based on actual personalities and driving styles as opposed to blind, ignorant, stereotypes.

"nickel beer night" im still dying here.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #14
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
*WHOOOOSHH*

thanks. although i'd call it more satirical commentary on the stereotypes that were being perpetuated in this thread. it is funny how it works both ways though.
But it IS satirical commentary on my part. More importantly, I'm trying to show that it really doesn't work both ways, since the stereotypes you are purporting are almost ridiculously outlandish and unrealistic, while my original statement about market appeal and target audience is pretty much dead on. Can you deny that teams seek primary/secondary sponsors who fit their target demo, and vice versa? Do you deny that Jr. is attracting a certain demographic? A certain demo that drinks Bud, and wears Wrangler jeans? Conversely, I see the Hendricks sponsors as being quite a bit different. High end paint, a home Improvement store, Pepsi, Frito Lay, etc...and I'm fairly sure that the people consuming the latter product fit a different demographic altogether.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #15
tony hipchest

Quote:
Conversely, I see the Hendricks sponsors as being quite a bit different. High end paint, a home Improvement store, Pepsi, Frito Lay, etc...and I'm fairly sure that the people consuming the latter product fit a different demographic altogether.
so you are saying bengaldave better fits the demographic you describe?

oh wait, that's doritos and mountain dew on the floor. HUGE difference!

"high end paints" lol. as opposed to all the low end paints that sponsor the "redneck" drivers? have you been to a home depot or lowes lately? they are the wal-mart's of home improvement. you think its just rich sophisticated, high end clientel that walks into these stores to purchase the products? lol. they get the bulk of their business from blue collar laborers that build and paint houses, just like they built NASCAR into the billion do.

just because a car may be sponsored by X-Box, doesnt mean the demographic hobnobs with microsoft executives.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #16
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Wow. First off, have you seen a Pepsi or Doritos commercial lately? Think they are target marketing the guy in the picture? Hell no! They already have that kind of loser, and are trying to expand market share. Do you know anything about the auto collision repair business and Dupont's relationship to it? How about some of Dupont's other products, like Corian? I'll give you a couple hints. Maaco ain't using Dupont, and trailers don't come standard with Corian counter tops.

I'm SURE you realize that the primary target of a Lowe's/Home Depot commercial is a home owner with a disposable income, right? It's secondary market is made up of commercial accounts, which amounts to small business owners/contractors. As for the "Wal-Mart of home improvement", that's a dead giveaway that you are out of your depth here: Wal-Mart is the Wal-Mart of home improvement. Why do you think you see so many Lowe's right next to Wal-Mart's? If you have a beer budget, you buy your paint (or whatever)at Wal-Mart, and if you are a little better heeled, you drive across the parking lot to Lowe's.

Look, I'm not exactly sure where you are going with this, but getting back on track, the whole point of Jr. joining Hendricks is for market domination. Just like Disney got into the low and moderate priced hotels to steal business from the Motel 6's and Holiday Inn's, Hendrick wants the low end stuff too, and now they have the driver to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
Wow. First off, have you seen a Pepsi or Doritos commercial lately? Think they are target marketing the guy in the picture? Hell no! They already have that kind of loser, and are trying to expand market share. Do you know anything about the auto collision repair business and Dupont's relationship to it? How about some of Dupont's other products, like Corian? I'll give you a couple hints. Maaco ain't using Dupont, and trailers don't come standard with Corian counter tops.

I'm SURE you realize that the primary target of a Lowe's/Home Depot commercial is a home owner with a disposable income, right? It's secondary market is made up of commercial accounts, which amounts to small business owners/contractors. As for the "Wal-Mart of home improvement", that's a dead giveaway that you are out of your depth here: Wal-Mart is the Wal-Mart of home improvement. Why do you think you see so many Lowe's right next to Wal-Mart's? If you have a beer budget, you buy your paint (or whatever)at Wal-Mart, and if you are a little better heeled, you drive across the parking lot to Lowe's.

Look, I'm not exactly sure where you are going with this, but getting back on track, the whole point of Jr. joining Hendricks is for market domination. Just like Disney got into the low and moderate priced hotels to steal business from the Motel 6's and Holiday Inn's, Hendrick wants the low end stuff too, and now they have the driver to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
since youre amongst friends here, i think you can now drop this disguise that you are just a fan of the sport as a whole and have no rooting interrests. you deny team hendrick drivers about as well as Peter denied Christ.

im pretty well informed of duponts products. theyre only one of (if not the most) cutting edge chemical manufacturing plants in the world. then again, it wasnt me who made them out to be a simple high end paint company, now is it? if you think patronizing me will help perpetuate the stereotypes you hold to so strongly, then by all means have at it.

believe me, ive had enough debates with sportsfans who suggest that ALL NASCAR fans are exactly what you describe as your stereotypical earnhardt jr. fan. according to their logic, you are one of them for even knowing about and following the sport.

im pretty in tune to nascars marketing directives. on average, the yearly household income of the nascar fan tops that of nfl, mlb, nba, and nhl fans. and i notice hendrick isnt pulling all of jr's sponsors along with him.

homeowners with disposable income are hiring cheap labor to install all those lowes products and are telling them what to buy. the notion that fritos and pepsi are targetting the cristal and caviar crowd is laughable. im SURE you know you will find more lowes and home depot placesd in the same proximity as opposed to a wal-mart. i will eagerly await you to explain the marketting strategy behind this. heres a hint- it doesnt depend on the type or social class of the clientel.

im sorry that rednecks threw bottles at your favorite drivers car. that sucks and they suck. and according to my demographic, i should be a gordon, johnson, or harvick fan. sometimes it just doesnt work out that way though.

btw, one of gordons largest target demographics has been kids. explains alot.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #18
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
since youre amongst friends here, i think you can now drop this disguise that you are just a fan of the sport as a whole and have no rooting interrests. you deny team hendrick drivers about as well as Peter denied Christ.

im pretty well informed of duponts products. theyre only one of (if not the most) cutting edge chemical manufacturing plants in the world. then again, it wasnt me who made them out to be a simple high end paint company, now is it? if you think patronizing me will help perpetuate the stereotypes you hold to so strongly, then by all means have at it.

believe me, ive had enough debates with sportsfans who suggest that ALL NASCAR fans are exactly what you describe as your stereotypical earnhardt jr. fan. according to their logic, you are one of them for even knowing about and following the sport.

im pretty in tune to nascars marketing directives. on average, the yearly household income of the nascar fan tops that of nfl, mlb, nba, and nhl fans. and i notice hendrick isnt pulling all of jr's sponsors along with him.

homeowners with disposable income are hiring cheap labor to install all those lowes products and are telling them what to buy. the notion that fritos and pepsi are targetting the cristal and caviar crowd is laughable. im SURE you know you will find more lowes and home depot placesd in the same proximity as opposed to a wal-mart. i will eagerly await you to explain the marketting strategy behind this. heres a hint- it doesnt depend on the type or social class of the clientel.

im sorry that rednecks threw bottles at your favorite drivers car. that sucks and they suck. and according to my demographic, i should be a gordon, johnson, or harvick fan. sometimes it just doesnt work out that way though.

btw, one of gordons largest target demographics has been kids. explains alot.
Let's leave it at this. I can barely even understand this post as you posted it to begin with, but, provided you're happy enough with it to put it up, lets go ahead and say "you win". My marketing career and education and practical working knowledge is simply no match for your (completely wrong) statements like: "im pretty in tune to nascars marketing directives. on average, the yearly household income of the nascar fan tops that of nfl, mlb, nba, and nhl fans."
Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Ah, forget it, I can't resist. Before you walk into the trap, I'll spring it.

On one hand, you can't resist bringing up purist elements of NASCAR, the "old school element", if you will, but only superficially. You align yourself with the anti-Gordon camp, tossing around a bunch of gay talk and all that. But when you are actually drawn into a conversation, you end up quoting how upscale NASCAR is becoming and has become, spouting off a bunch of nonsense about incomes versus NFL and NBA and all that. Beside the fact that you are mostly wrong in all that, the best bit is that you are using your own argument against yourself! NASCAR is what it is now due to drivers from states other than in the SE, people who can talk and look good and can market product. You can't have it both ways, Tony, even when you think you can.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #20
tony hipchest

very well then. if ignoring empirical statistical data that the average per capita income of nascar fans exceeds that of the other 4 major sports makes that degree hanging on your wall that much bigger , then more power to ya.

Quote:
I can barely even understand this post as you posted it to begin with
my bad. when gordons sponsors have included bugs bunny, sesame street, star wars, frito's, and pepsi, i just figured the targeted demographic was obvious.

anyways, you catch the CMT production of DALE? very nicely done if you ask me. especially for a hick television broadcast. im sure necks all across america are drying their tears with their wifebeaters as we speak.

the candid approach of dale jr. speaking about his fathers death is admirable, although im not sure that the death of a hero and a father transcends socio-economical lines. maybe its different amongst the whine and cheese crowd....

lol