Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
jstriner
Water Boy

Member Number: 157
Default Respond to this comment.

I have been so pissed off at an Eagles fan that I know. I cant explain to this person that the Steelers have one of the largest fan bases in the nation. Now they write the following:

"Sorry but you guys are trying to act like the steelers are the second coming of Jesus. All the sudden they are good and you all jump on board. Philadelphia is twice the size of your city. I just think it's hilarious that you all think there are more Steelers fans out there. Don't get me wrong Pittsburgh was a blast. I enjoy the city quite a bit but don't for a second think that your fans are better than us or outnumber us. It just is not true. "

Any responses to this would be appreciated
jstriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #2
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122
Default Re: Respond to this comment.

I can definitely see where you would be mad at your friend for such a ridiculous statement. I'm glad it's your friend and not mine, obviously this person has never left the perameters of Philadelphia. I live in Central Ohio, where you would imagine it would be a split between Clowns and Bungles, but actually Steeler fans here easily match the other two. Now your friend might say to that consider the teams you're speaking of, and if he does you can tell him that these teams have this support because WE are real fans! Including both Ohio teams fan base. Good Lord, they've been getting kicked around for years but come Sunday their fans are there. Seems like most fans think that their team is the only ones with die-hard fans or that their fans are the greatest, maybe I'm just like that. I have seen Steeler fans all across this country from coast to coast, but you know I just can't remember any feverish Philly fans say in Florida. I went on vacation there and stopped in Ft. Lauderdale and there is a Primanti's Pizza next to the ocean. Don't you know people were standing outside Oct. 3rd drinking Iron City and trying to see the game. I drove truck for awhile and was able to see different places and meet different people, so I'll just end this by saying your friend needs to travel a bit more and meet different people. Come to Columbus Ohio and I bet they'll be surprised!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:17 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

All you have to say to him is..

Who ended the unbeaten streak of the eagles this year,and for that matter the Patriots too..who's 15-1, who's backups beat a playoff contender in week 16 of the nfl season. Where was T.O. against the Steelers ?

Philly fans in general think everybody else sux and generally have no class whatsover. Im not saying your friend is like that all. But thats my experience in general with them.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:16 AM   #4
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I've cooked at plenty of places outside Pittsburgh and besides the born in Pitt or family ties to the Steelers, I'm always intrigued by fans with no ties that follow the Steelers. The answer I usually get. Back when the NFL expanded the TV coverage of the NFL, guess who was winning four Super Bowls. Not the Eagles. Hence I would bet that we will have a larger fan base nationwide because more people grew up watching the Steelers. Ask someone to name players off our championship teams. Most can get five or six. Ask them to name a player off of the '81 Eagles team that lost the Super Bowl and they stand there motionless. Ask why in a 6-10 year we have more Steelers fans in Cinn and Cle but JAX goes 12-4 but blackedout for home games? There might be only one team that matches us in fan base and thats the Packers cause man they have been everywhere I cooked. But definitely not Philly.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

How many times do you hear the home team's media/players/coaches/front office complaining becuz the black n gold terrible towels filled their stadium and were just as loud as the home team, if not more.

Old 01-15-2005, 12:04 AM   #6
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

As a Steelers fan who grew up in South Jersey surrounded by Eagle fans this isn't so uncommon. Just look at NFL merchandise sales. Not recent sales, but the sales over the past 25 years. The Cowboys clearly are the NY Yankees of the NFL when it comes to number of fans, but the Raiders, Steelers, and 49ers are all in the top four!

The Eagles might be there now because they're winning, but stepping back and looking at the big picture usually provides one the truth.

Philly is a city that "almost" wins. They are almost as cursed as Boston was with the Red Sox. The Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and even Sixers have all come close in the past 10 years but always seem to choke at the last possible minute which just crushes Philly fans.

Just remember one thing. As much as your friend thinks he's right, and you think you're right, you both come from cities with GREAT traditions and pride. Both are blue collar hard working cites, and if I was fighting in a war I'd take a guy from "either" city beside me!
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:36 AM   #7
14THUMB
Water Boy

Member Number: 165

I'm stationed in Shreveport, LA originally from Pittsburgh and i work with 2 steeler fans one from CA and the other one is from GA. The bar i go to watch the game has had over 20 fans for the game!!!!!!!!! We are everywhere!!!!!1
14THUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Who's got the number selling Jersey in the NFL right now !! Say his name, you know him, u love him, he's now get his own beef jerky and burgers.. He's Big Ben!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 12:48 AM   #9
gaudjr
Water Boy

Member Number: 171

I have had the privilege of attending 2 Cardinals-Steelers games here in Phoenix and have traveled to San Francisco as well. At the 2 in Phoenix the Steelers fans outnumbered the Cardinals fans resulting in 2 very rare sellouts. In San Fransisco the weather was so bad, by the end of the game the only people that were in the stands were Steelers faithful(this was facillitated by the 49er's receiving a royal spanking). This, along with all the other post's describing similar stories will give you plenty of ammunition to take back to your "friend". STEELERS FANS ARE MORE VAST IN NUMBER AND LOYAL TO A FAULT!!
Old 01-16-2005, 01:38 PM   #10
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

The lone Eagles fan at my work returned from his trip yesterday and I asked him to name 3 players from his Super Bowl team in 81. He couldn't do it. Want me to name the starting line ups and depth chart for our 95 team? Talk about fairweather.