Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
jsteelers51191
Water Boy

Member Number: 5973
Default Batch looks a lot better than BEN

I am not just saying this based on the eagles game, i am basing this on the last 2.5 seasons. He gets into his drops a lot faster than Ben and is much more decisive in his decisions. when he hits his plant foot after his final step, he thorws without hesitation where Ben double clutches and looks unsure. I really don't like ben lack of quickness in regard to him getting into his 3 and 5 step drops. from what i have seen, he is one of the slowest quarterbacks when it comes to backpeadling into a quarterback's dropback. Just an opinion. what do others think.
jsteelers51191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default Re: Batch looks a lot better than BEN

Batch looks good but I'd rather have Ben IMO. Ben is our franchise QB. Plus the reason Batch looks better is because he's going against a 2nd team defense and has been in the league A LOT longer than Ben. I really do like Batch though.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Batch is an awesome backup, but even he said it after the dolphins game, Ben is our guy.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

I'm tired of hearing Bens a franchise qb.. what the hell does that even mean anyways.. When you purchase a qb i think in everyones mind is that you would hope he would become a "franchise" qb.. I doubt anyone spends all that money for nothing.. Granted some are destined to be backups but Ben still hasn't in my mind solidified his starting position from what i've seen so far.. I'm actually glad someone else started this topic as I was just coming here to start a similar topic.. I can't believe Al Michaels was saying "wow" to his perfomance like he just did spectacular things.. He was very sloppy and his passes were behind the receiver at least half the times.. Granted he had alot of yards but he passed for almost 25 times.. that's on the way to 50 passes for the game.. Ben should not be given special treatment for the past.. If he can't perform I just hope Mike Tomlin doesn't wait till the seasons over before he yanks him.. Don't get me wrong... I HOPE TO GOD BEN DOES GOOD! I would like nothing more for him to come back from last year and be our savior once again.. But we've all had 3 years to watch Ben play and his inconsistency seems to be the one thing thats consistent.. yah yah.. it's preseason i know.. but as a former athlete you don't go out onto that field thinkin.. oh it's just preaseason.. i'll take it easy.. You KNOW he's goin for the win and throwin for touchdowns everytime he passes.. So preseason is no excuse.. I will give him 3 games before i say i todl you so but I just do not see him being a "franchise" qb such as a favre or montana.. manning... etc.. Please prove me wrong Ben.. I truly hope you do.. But grats to Batch for his performance tonight as well.. He did look sharp and smooth.. and the wife fully agrees as many do i'm sure..
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #5
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

The pass to Nate was perfect couldnt have been better. Was so close to a touchdown.

We should get out of this that if Ben does get hurt then we know we have a good back up quarter back to keep the Offense going

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I thought this crap would at least wait until we lost a regular season game. Did it ever dawn on anybody saying bench Ben for Batch that Batch was playing against the Eagles' 2nd stringers? Christ.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I thought this crap would at least wait until we lost a regular season game. Did it ever dawn on anybody saying bench Ben for Batch that Batch was playing against the Eagles' 2nd stringers? Christ.
Agreed.

Jeez Ben had one bad year and Batch is better than him? When Ben is healthy, he leads this team. The team is totally different when he's out there, healthy and playing. We're not expecting him to be a Peyton Manning or a Brett Favre, we're expecting him to just be solid. If he's solid which he was tonight besides the INT, we'll win games.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastWillieParker39 View Post
Agreed.

Jeez Ben had one bad year and Batch is better than him? When Ben is healthy, he leads this team. The team is totally different when he's out there, healthy and playing. We're not expecting him to be a Peyton Manning or a Brett Favre, we're expecting him to just be solid. If he's solid which he was tonight besides the INT, we'll win games.
Brady threw 2 picks in a loss to the Titans. Bench him!
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Brady threw 2 picks in a loss to the Titans. Bench him!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I really wasn't overly impressed with Charlie until last season, to be quite honest. While I now wholeheartedly agree that he has clearly proven himself as one of the best backups in the league, there is obviously a reason why he wasn't pursued by any other NFL team as a starter after he was released by the Lions. I'd be comfy with him for a few games should Ben go down (God forbid), but beyond that, I'd be a bit nervous.

That being said - when called upon to deliver tonight, he played admirably.

Geez Louise - it's still the preseason and we're already hearing the Bench Ben boo birds?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote