Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #11
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512
Default Re: A forgotten plus point for Steelers

Hines Ward certainly did what he had to do, sucks the game ended like it did, but Ward showed he is a true warrior!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #12
Black-n-Gold
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
BIGBENFASTWILLIE

I like Ward. I'd love to have him here. But, he isn't a dominant, game breaking, receiver like TO, or Moss, etc. I haven't seen him step up and change the outcome of a big game like a playoff game, and so on. The Patriots don't live in fear of Hines Ward. As someone else pointed out in here today, the Patriots don't scheme for Ward. They keep an eye on him, but they don't believe Hines Ward can beat them like a Moss, or TO can.
You must have missed the Eagles game where TO was dropping passes and really didn't do much for the Eagles. The Steelers have talent spread all over, so not one reciever is holding the passing game togethor. Moss and TO are good WRs, but the team relies on them too much. Honestly, I believe Westbrook is a better reciever then TO. Moss needs more recievers to take some of the coverage off of himself or he'll never be open. My point is that we'd rather have 3 talented guys then one stand out. Ward by no means is overrated, plays with more hear tthen anyone I know, and plays damn good at that.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #13
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

"The Steelers have talent spread all over, so not one reciever is holding the passing game togethor."

If you shut down the Steelers running game, they lose. So, there has to be a lack of talent somewhere in the passing game.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:31 PM   #14
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Ward Fought through. He is a WARRIOR

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #15
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Hines Ward has the heart the size of Georgia, he is the man. I know very few fans of others teams that dont atleast respect his play. Thanks for pointing it out! Sometimes we over look those type plays and players during bad losses/
Old 09-27-2005, 03:46 PM   #16
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

Wrong....!!! Hines was the one player the pats schemed up against last year for the championship game. Straight from the patriots mouths after the game in the locker room. I know I am not the only person who watched the after game interviews.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:12 PM   #17
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
"The Steelers have talent spread all over, so not one reciever is holding the passing game togethor."

If you shut down the Steelers running game, they lose. So, there has to be a lack of talent somewhere in the passing game.
LOL...that's pretty good. Blame Ward, huh? Could it be that we have a young, still developing QB, who, instead of having a year or two on the bench to get up to speed, got just a few games, and responded by ONLY having the greatest rookie QB season ever? Who also showed a marked improvement over his last performance against the Pats? Who probably is nowhere even near realizing his potential? But you in your infinite wisdom of all things football have deemed that Ward is the weak link? Is Overrated? Can't change the outcome of a game?

He very nearly changed the outcome of the game just this last Sunday...I seem to remember him catching a couple TD passes, and I'm pretty sure one of them was for 85 yards...wasn't that the longest catch against the Pats in like 15 years?

And don't try to dump off some sorry shit "Fuck you" response, either. Hines Ward has the ability to not only affect the outcome of a game by catching the ball, he can also do it blocking, and he has no rival in the NFL in that category.

You are, quite simply, completely and utterly wrong this time.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:47 AM   #18
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

Well said Suit! Our O-line certainly didn't have their best game against the Pats and they'll get it corrected and things will continue to improve. I don't think enough can be said about what Hine's means to this team. I can't believe he even took part responsibility for the STUPID shovel pass from El. Consumate pro!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Im hoping this thread can get back to the original design behind it - the props given to Hines ward by a Patriots fan who can spot a player he would genuinely love to have on his side.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:17 AM   #20
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122
Wink Re: A forgotten plus point for Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Im hoping this thread can get back to the original design behind it - the props given to Hines ward by a Patriots fan who can spot a player he would genuinely love to have on his side.

Cheers

NM
I apologize for not recognizing your compliment. But thankfully he's going to retire with us.
I was definitely one of the many sweating his holdout that welcomed his return!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote