Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648
Default When, oh when will it ever end???

So last night I'm at choir rehearsal at my church. I have on my Bettis jersey and a couple of the musicians start a little trash talk (they are CryBoy fans). At first I took it in stride...all in fun, right? So one of them asks "What ever made you think the Steelers were any good?" My answer: "Oh, 5 Super Bowl Rings." So he comes back with "And how many of those did they steal." Y'all, I really had to remember I was in church. So I put my hand up and said, "Hey, stop right there. I am not gonna go there with you." He let it drop then.

OK, we are one season removed from the SB and people are still raggin' that the game was given to us by the officiating. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting a little sick of having to defend the Steelers' win in SBXL. Never mind that it was arguably the greatest playoff run in NFL history-a 6th seed winning the whole thing??? C'mon now!!

Anyway, that's my vent for the day...
Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: When, oh when will it ever end???

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
So last night I'm at choir rehearsal at my church. I have on my Bettis jersey and a couple of the musicians start a little trash talk (they are CryBoy fans). At first I took it in stride...all in fun, right? So one of them asks "What ever made you think the Steelers were any good?" My answer: "Oh, 5 Super Bowl Rings." So he comes back with "And how many of those did they steal." Y'all, I really had to remember I was in church. So I put my hand up and said, "Hey, stop right there. I am not gonna go there with you." He let it drop then.

OK, we are one season removed from the SB and people are still raggin' that the game was given to us by the officiating. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting a little sick of having to defend the Steelers' win in SBXL. Never mind that it was arguably the greatest playoff run in NFL history-a 6th seed winning the whole thing??? C'mon now!!

Anyway, that's my vent for the day...
If a cowgirls fan is gonna bring up "stealing"..they may want to look at T.O.'s contract!!!!They got their own issues to deal with....also may want to bring up..."Well..we wernt playing the cowboys and couldnt bet on having the game handed to us by a butterfingered QB"
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

yeah ask that cowboys fan about the great Emmitt Smith getting his HoF ass bottled up that day too...and Michael Irvin & Nate Newton were prbably tweakin from some of Columbia's finest as well
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Ask them where they stand lifetime vs the Steelers in the SB

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Cowboy fans are just bitter that the Steelers have been one of the biggest Anti-Cowboy kyptonite teams ever. We just about match everything they have done. The Steelers thwarted the Cowboys' attempts at glory in the Super Bowl twice and we match them in SB titles.

Thier organization has been a joke since the Mid-90's. While the Steelers remained competitive. Let 'em whine.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #6
Florida_Steelers_Fan
Starter

Member Number: 4759

As long as Jerry Jones is the dictator, er, owner, they'll never win anything...the man is a nuisance who has more money than NFL-know how.

any team that signs an opposing player (T.O.) who spiked a football on their mid-field logo has no pride. period. that is a classless organization.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Steelers_Fan View Post
As long as Jerry Jones is the dictator, er, owner, they'll never win anything...the man is a nuisance who has more money than NFL-know how.

any team that signs an opposing player (T.O.) who spiked a football on their mid-field logo has no pride. period. that is a classless organization.
Here is a question:

Would you take TJ Houshmanzadeh?

Even though he wiped his feet on the terrible towel.
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #8
Stainless Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4986

Here is my angle. It is a shame that this type of attitude spreads even into the church. I think that is what was bugging the original poster. She didn't want to "get down and dirty" with another church member over something so small as a different football teams. She expected, at the most, a little ribbing, not a pathetic disgusting argument over something that is insignificant in comparison ... like NFL football. I love my football and I love the Steelers, but not compared to Jesus Christ.

Stainless Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Steel View Post
Here is my angle. It is a shame that this type of attitude spreads even into the church. I think that is what was bugging the original poster. She didn't want to "get down and dirty" with another church member over something so small as a different football teams. She expected, at the most, a little ribbing, not a pathetic disgusting argument over something that is insignificant in comparison ... like NFL football. I love my football and I love the Steelers, but not compared to Jesus Christ.

I appreciate your post, Stainless...thanks for reminding me what's important

The guy who made that statement is actually a real nice guy for the most part (he recently married a friend of mine), but I just thought that he crossed the line last night in making that statement. Maybe I overreacted just a tad too. So Sunday I will swallow my pride and apologize for that. Anyhoo, I just think there is a difference in talking a little friendly smack and just making wild and rather mean accusations.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
Stainless Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4986

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
I appreciate your post, Stainless...thanks for reminding me what's important

The guy who made that statement is actually a real nice guy for the most part (he recently married a friend of mine), but I just thought that he crossed the line last night in making that statement. Maybe I overreacted just a tad too. So Sunday I will swallow my pride and apologize for that. Anyhoo, I just think there is a difference in talking a little friendly smack and just making wild and rather mean accusations.
I love a little ribbing too, even in church, so long as it is a loving ribbing. I have traded friendly jabs from time to time. In the end, though, we can't allow it to interfere with the body of Christ.

Stainless Steel is offline   Reply With Quote