Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568
Default predictions by adam schein

link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...PHCP&GT1=10473
AFC North
1. Baltimore Ravens
Head coach: Brian Billick, 8th year
2006 record: 13-3 (1st in AFC North); lost in divisional game to Indianapolis Colts
Schein's projected record 11-5

The defense is still the strength in Baltimore. (Ronald Martinez / Getty Images)

Ozzie Newsome and company have put together one of the most balanced and potentially dominant teams. Forget Steve McNair's age. Focus on the fact that he's finally comfortable in his second year as a Raven. Todd Heap is healthy and we believe Demetrius Williams is going to blossom into McNair's favorite deep threat. Willis McGahee is the ideal Brian Billick running back and will thrive with a change of scenery. Don't worry about Jon Ogden not playing in the preseason. He's ready. And so is the dominant Baltimore defense. Ed Reed is the game's best safety. Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and Bart Scott change games. Haloti Ngata is about to become a star defensive tackle.

2. Cincinnati Bengals
Head coach: Marvin Lewis, 5th year
2006 record: 8-8 (tied 2nd in AFC North)
Schein's projected record 10-6 (wild card)

Any team led by Carson Palmer is a legit Super Bowl threat. But how much help will he have? Levi Jones and Willie Anderson have been hurt throughout the summer. Chris Henry's suspension takes away the best No. 3 receiver in the game. But Palmer still has stars Chad Johnson (will score double digit touchdowns), T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Rudi Johnson at his disposal. The Cincy defensive line is underrated. The productivity of the back seven on defense and the ability to stop the run and create turnovers could determine whether or not this team wins eight or 11 games.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers
Head coach: Mike Tomlin, 1st year
2006 record: 8-8 (tied for 2nd in AFC North)
Schein's projected record 9-7

I love Mike Tomlin. The Steelers training camp and preseason games were predictably filled with great intensity. Get to know the names of young guns Anthony Smith, Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley on defense. Very few dominate games like safety Troy Polamalu. Expect Ben Roethlisberger to bounce back, but I think the August reports about the team transforming into a pass-first offense are wrong. Willie Parker is still the biggest weapon on Tomlin's offense.

4. Cleveland Browns
Head coach: Romeo Crennel, 3rd year
2006 record: 4-12 (last in AFC North)
Schein's projected record 3-13

Don't fire Romeo Crennel or Phil Savage. The fruits of their labor will ripen come 2008 with Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn (not ready yet folks) and Eric Wright. But it's going to be a long season in Cleveland. I mean 'on the clock' long. Oops, that would be Dallas, which owns the Browns 2008 first rounder, with the top overall pick.

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117
Default Re: predictions by adam schein

They are overly optimistic about Cincy. SI Picked Cincy to win the division quite easily. But as I listen to Bengal radio, 700 WLW, they are not thinking the team will win the division and they are not confident that they will make the playoffs because their lack of defense.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Schein has absolutely no idea how to pick football records. The year the Steelers won the Super Bowl he had them at 7-9.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1261

Yes, but last year Schein and Soly had the Steelers at 8-8 - and they were right. Schein overindulges in the Cincy kool aid, Soly has backed off of that this year.

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:35 AM   #5
Sith Lord
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 977

This guy is a waste of everyones time and effort. When i bought Sirius to get away from mostly him and some other "personalities" here in NY on WFAN, it was awful for me to turn on NFL Radio and hear his voice. I don't know how this guy gets on the air. His predictions are hideous, and his voice makes me sick. He's a nerd who must know how to kiss the right people's ass.
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6509

I think it goes....

Cincy
Pitt
Bal.

And We come strong out of a WildCard spot again.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

I think the focus on us opening up the offense is just crazy. The latest issue of ESPN the mag. has a section that is just on some stats that stood out from last year one of the stats was that the Steelers lead the league with the highest % (23%) of their plays having 4 wide recievers on the field. So to say opening up their offense is going to be the biggest reason for them struggling i just ain't drinking that kool-aide.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote