Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
radaz52
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 130
Default Media All Talk About Colts vs. Patriots

I've been listining to the Jim Rome Show today, and all I can say is all they talk about is the big game...Colts vs Patriots. I love it. ?I am so glad the media is so involved with that game, because the Steeelers will just sneak by, and win won for the thumb!! It's only Tuesday, is anyone else sick of the Colts vs Patriots talk, but happy at the same time????
Old 01-11-2005, 03:52 PM   #2
ben-to-hines
Water Boy

Member Number: 145
Default Re: Media All Talk About Colts vs. Patriots

WE WILL FLY UNDER THE RADAR ALL THE WAY TO JACKSONVILLE!;D
Old 01-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The less hype the better. The media has been doubting us all year, and week in and week out, we prove them wrong. On ESPN radio today, Joe Thiesman seems to think that Steelers will have alot of problems and thinks the jets could win. NOT !!! The SB train is primed and ready to move on out to Jacksonville, with 2 more stops left to take care of business first, before we get there!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:59 AM   #4
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Its easy for media to go against us. Bad record at home in playoffs, rookie QB, The Bus is too old, defense too young. Its all talk. I've checked Thiesman for years on his picks and he always goes against the Steelers don't know why just does sometimes. Not concerned about lack of attention for us because we are not news worthy. We bring our lunch pail, hand off 40 times a game, and collect a win. Media can't pay bills off that.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
steeler851
Water Boy

Member Number: 153

We've never gotten the recognition or praise we deserved
this year but obvioulsly our boys on the field don't need
it. Just like the fallout after the Pats game when we found out we only won because Dillon didn't play. Or how about Theisman and Mcquire's play-by-play during the Jax game? 15-1 speaks volumes to me and I cannot wait to finish at 18-1.
steeler851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #6
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

I didn't realize that there has never been a rookie to ever win 1 playoff game with the exception of one guy. Wanna guess who? Man I don't know if he's a backup some where or what,Shaun King in his rookie year won the first playoff game for Tampa Bay. Our guy has done nothing but rewrite NFL history books this year so hopefully he can make them keep out their erasers till the end of the year. I guess considering that piece of history it would be hard to give them the pick for this week or any other past this point, UNLESS you're a fan. I had to shut ESPN off last night after 20 mins. because everyone picked the Jets, but I woke up this morning realizing that I've always liked being the underdog so there's no difference now. We have all the time in the world later to soak up praise. Now is not the time.
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:27 AM   #7
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

CowherLover, GREAT stat about King. Love that trivia stuff. Great job doing homework. Its like the Vikes though. Nobody picked them to beat Green Bay. Afterwards they shouldn't lose to anybody. How does this happen? I have plenty of respect for sports people who say conditions like if PIT can move the ball on the ground and pass effectively then they win if not the Jetscan pull the upset. Nothing wrong with that. Because I told my coworker that GB will win unless Farve tries too hard then Minn will score just enough to win. I honestly thought GB would win, but I understand any given Sunday...
Old 01-14-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

In their defense, a lot of people think the Jets/Steelers game is just a foregone conclusion and the big game of the weekend or should I say BEST game of the weekend is going to be the Colts/Pats game. Let's face it, it will probably be the most competitive.

I think the Jets will stick around, but the Steelers will pull away in the end.

The Eagles are going to CRUSH the Vikings despite missing TO.

The Rams smoke and mirrors is going to end in Atlanta.

That leaves only the Pats/Colts as a close one that could go either way.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote