Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-26-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
RichmondVA
Banned

Member Number: 540
Default Clock Error

Has anyone heard that the game clock may have been incorrectly reset back to 14:51 in the Fourth. I've heard that our running play started with 14:51 on the game clock and continued to run until K. Simmons was whistled for a false start on the next play. The clock was set back to 14:51 for some reason. We ran two seperate downs from the 14:51 point in the game. Very interesting.
RichmondVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Clock Error

Yeah it is considering we were the home team but it wouldnt have helped matters anyway.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

That's pretty bad that no one caught it, but as Blitz said it wouldn't have mattered.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,361 Times in 3,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
That's pretty bad that no one caught it, but as Blitz said it wouldn't have mattered.
i just saw this on sportscenter. it seems like the game ran for 60 min and 52 seconds as opposed to 59 and 08 seconds. while this is a moot point it is a little salty to see the pats get an additional 52 seconds for that final drive. it was the pitt clock keeper who screwed up and d. bostons father who was the line judge. i bet he had money riding on the pats moot point but it just goes to show how thing just seem to bounce the pats way at the most inopportune time for their opponents. how bout that josh miller wedge shot to pittsburghs 1. why call a run play when they know thats what youre gonna call. more. i woulda liked to seen ward in the slot again in that instance.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i just saw this on sportscenter. it seems like the game ran for 60 min and 52 seconds as opposed to 59 and 08 seconds. while this is a moot point it is a little salty to see the pats get an additional 52 seconds for that final drive. it was the pitt clock keeper who screwed up and d. bostons father who was the line judge. i bet he had money riding on the pats moot point but it just goes to show how thing just seem to bounce the pats way at the most inopportune time for their opponents. how bout that josh miller wedge shot to pittsburghs 1. why call a run play when they know thats what youre gonna call. more. i woulda liked to seen ward in the slot again in that instance.

From what I understand it was 52 EXTRA seconds. Thats what I just saw on ESPN when I got home. This means we could have been closer to putting into OT, and maybe winning w/ the toss, as opposed to letting the Pats have it one more time, and them having the chance to get into FG range. LOL If its not one thing its another! Theyre either paying the refs, or the clock keeper - haha!
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,361 Times in 3,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersGirlTN7
From what I understand it was 52 EXTRA seconds. Thats what I just saw on ESPN when I got home. This means we could have been closer to putting into OT, and maybe winning w/ the toss, as opposed to letting the Pats have it one more time, and them having the chance to get into FG range. LOL If its not one thing its another! Theyre either paying the refs, or the clock keeper - haha!
i just saw that too. the conspiracy theories continues. hopefully one of those things will go against the pats some day, maybe in the playoffs and we can watch their fans cry bloody murder.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:02 AM   #7
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I can't say this had an effect on the score, but this is crap...

link...... http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05270/578451.stm
Old 09-27-2005, 01:43 AM   #8
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Follow the magic bullet...

Pats ball at own 38 with 1:14 left...
(subtract :52 extra seconds)
Pats ball at own 38 with :22 left...
8 seconds on 17 yard gain...
Pats ball at Steelers 45 with :14 left...
9 seconds on 14 yard gain...
Pats ball on 31 with :05 left...
No timeouts, we don't call one, no :50 seconds to set up for GW FG...probably nothing in the big picture cause it would have put some more pressure on us to score that TD before it all, but I don't think as good as the Pats are, they can even go that far with no time/timeouts and Adam rush out and boot a 48 yarder in Heinz. Interesting though.

Feel free to correct my math as I still haven't watched the whole game.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #9
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

You can timeline the game all you want but with the clock error so early in the fourth quarter, the game would have been played different. Timeouts would have been called in different spots, plays would have been called different.

Did the clock hurt us? Maybe but we'll never know..
Old 09-27-2005, 12:27 PM   #10
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelR1
You can timeline the game all you want but with the clock error so early in the fourth quarter, the game would have been played different. Timeouts would have been called in different spots, plays would have been called different.

Did the clock hurt us? Maybe but we'll never know..
I agree...I don't think we can use this one as an excuse. It sucks, but it did happen early in the 4th. I might feel different if it happened in the last few minutes (but then it probably would have been caught and reviewed-at least I would hope we would have caught that). The reality is we will never know, because we don't know when and how the teams would have used their timeouts. Of course we can speculate and think what if? But the bottom line is we were outplayed in the 2nd half, the Pats came out strong and this week the Pats were the better team on the field.

All we can do is put this one behind us...and move on! It's not the end of the world. It's only week 3...still a long season ahead of us! And don't count us out of anything!