Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #11
Va_steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 652
Default Re: Clock Error

It's a shame we cant take it back, but the way the team played I don't think it matters.
We gave them 10 points then let them march to a field goal, granted 52 sec was added. hopefully they will think long and hard a get there S--T together.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #12
slashsteel

Member Number:

No escuses true but three factors played heavily on this game.

The fiel goal call was a "phantom" call. That is three points that could have made the difference

EL's bonehead miscue, wasn't a forced error. So that is three points he cost us at least.

6 points + the time error was more than enough to lose this game.

Sure the play caused the loss as well, as well as coaching. But these three mentionables can't be overlooked either.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,125 Times in 4,605 Posts

what sucks about this clock error is this or a steelers forum is the only place we as steelerfans can discuss what happened or even bring it up. any other forum ive read where more than 2 patfans present have them calling any one discussing it bitchers, and whiners, and sore losers, the steelers chokers. i havent seen no one bitch or whine in this whole thread. most patfans ive encountered handle their success with NO CLASS and act like no fan of any other team has a right to discuss anything because everybody else is a loser. this is why the patriots and their fans will still be clamouring for respect. this is why noone outside of patfandom wants to accept this team as a great dynasty. to see patfans say 52 extra seconds didnt matter anyways as if they deserve it in every game, makes me dislike them even more. if it doesnt matter why dont the nfl just add 52 seconds to EVERY game? because it does matter.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #14
slashsteel

Member Number:

Tony as you can see just watching the debates here, that they won't change no matter what is said. Everyone has gave them their due, but yet their fans can't seem to get enough. It is their fans that make me dislike their team even more. I can deal with the team as they have acted ok for the most part. It is the fans with the headswelling that gets me. Whoever wins it, it will NOT be the patriots this year. I guarantee that. And if I am proven wrong may every pat poster, from every board bash me afterwards.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #15
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well you won't have to worry about being wrong, cause the pats will not 3peat i repeat the pats will not 3peat, the winner of the superbowl will either be the steelers or the colts.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:49 PM   #16
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

The thing is I don't know that it would have changed the outcome....BUT if it would have been reversed and the pats lost....you know we would hear about it! I think we all agree here that we don't know if it could have changed the outcome of the game, and that's why I don't think the Pats fans are really getting in on this discussion. It sucks, but we just have to move on!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:53 PM   #17
sjazz23
Water Boy

Member Number: 678

At the risk of being chastised, because I am a Pats fan, please be aware that the error did occur early in the 4th quarter. It was 52 additional seconds, but also realize that most if not all of that 52 seconds was probably wasted and irrelevant. Case in point, the Pats allowed at least 35 seconds to run off before kicking the field goal. Another thing, was any time run down for the two minute warning?
I really don't want to be labeled a lurker or whatever, I came to see what the Steeler fans reaction was because, as most of you have pointed out, there are a number of irritating Pats fans out there that can't seem to remember the years that you couldn't give tickets away. My guess is that these are younger folks who can't remember those awful times in Shaeffer (sp?) stadium.
Anyhow, as most of you have already posted, I really don't think the extra time affected the outcome. I actually wish this stuff didn't happen to the Pats, so these conspiracy theories would end.

PS - Zeroue was in Foxboro yesterday and today. Looks like he may have Elvis on his helmet soon....See you all in the AFC Finals (hopefully).
sjazz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #18
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

whether it was wasted or not it was still an additional 52 second for y'all to make the drive, but who cares it's all said and done now, y'all are the past now time to focus on the chargers, hopefully they beat the snot out of y'all this sunday.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:55 PM   #19
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I think the clock error had exactly ZERO to do with the outcome of the game...however, like ARE's ill-advised lateral, hopefully it's a mistake learned from that won't be repeated in more important games later...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:27 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,125 Times in 4,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjazz23
At the risk of being chastised, because I am a Pats fan, please be aware that the error did occur early in the 4th quarter. It was 52 additional seconds, but also realize that most if not all of that 52 seconds was probably wasted and irrelevant. Case in point, the Pats allowed at least 35 seconds to run off before kicking the field goal. Another thing, was any time run down for the two minute warning?
I really don't want to be labeled a lurker or whatever, I came to see what the Steeler fans reaction was because, as most of you have pointed out, there are a number of irritating Pats fans out there that can't seem to remember the years that you couldn't give tickets away. My guess is that these are younger folks who can't remember those awful times in Shaeffer (sp?) stadium.
Anyhow, as most of you have already posted, I really don't think the extra time affected the outcome. I actually wish this stuff didn't happen to the Pats, so these conspiracy theories would end.

PS - Zeroue was in Foxboro yesterday and today. Looks like he may have Elvis on his helmet soon....See you all in the AFC Finals (hopefully).
hey lurker! j/k the steelers and most their fans pretty much agree with your points. ultimately it wouldve led to a 49 yd fg attemt by vinatieri. it is good to perpetuate the conspiracy theories though! i heard on sirius radio that the pats have added to their steeler collection by signing a. zeoroue too. he could pay off big used in the same capacity as faulk. i think he still has upside now that he knows he wont be a starter.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote