Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-26-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Question Do you REALLY see us using the TE's more?

We havent done it in over 13 years, we didnt do it all that much before. I dont see things changing anytime soon. Bruener broke all kinds of records at Washington and that didnt change our philosphy, so why would Heath Miller be any different.

Im not saying I dont want to see it, I do.. I want see Heath be a HUGE part of our offense, and Jerame as well. Tuman is a solid all around TE that benefitted from all those years behind Bruener.

I just dont see it happening any time soon unless BC and company have a total change of philosphy.

Thoughts?
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,180 Times in 2,659 Posts
Default Re: Do you REALLY see us using the TE's more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
We havent done it in over 13 years, we didnt do it all that much before. I dont see things changing anytime soon. Bruener broke all kinds of records at Washington and that didnt change our philosphy, so why would Heath Miller be any different.

Im not saying I dont want to see it, I do.. I want see Heath be a HUGE part of our offense, and Jerame as well. Tuman is a solid all around TE that benefitted from all those years behind Bruener.

I just dont see it happening any time soon unless BC and company have a total change of philosphy.

Thoughts?
lol. to answer the question....no. millers big mistake was having such a great camp, preseason and 1st 2 games blocking. oh well we need that to. he will be good for a great pass or 2 a game though. and excellent blocking protection
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I hope we use Heath. Hes a big talanted TE. I think Ben is gonna find ways to get him in the game,
Ben and Heath both being yong and new to the NFl, i think they will build a good bond.
If Heath isnt used i kinda feel sorry for him because he has what it takes to be a big time TE.
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #4
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i think he's going to bolt as soon as his contract is up, he has way way to much talent to be just blocking, on the aol message board i said this would be a worthless pick and so far i'm right, i hope it changes but like blitz said it's doubtful we'd change. smh @ cowher and the coaching staff for not utilizing this great talent at tight end
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
Soldier4Steelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 648

in cowhers playbook i dont see it happen in the playbook. if miller is to be a steeler, he will be developed as a blocking TE, cause cowher runs... but damn, he is shockey-ish... i watched him play in college and he is a bruser, and athletic. with 3 outs, and a TE that puts ward, el (hmmph?) wilson/morgan and then miller all in man to man. put a blocking back and a MOST OF THE TIME reliable O-line and ben has the talent to pick any secondary apart.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Ben will get him the ball,
if you remember the first game, Krieder was open and Ben waited for Heath in the back of the end zone.....I hope to see big things from heath.
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
steelparrot
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
i think he's going to bolt as soon as his contract is up, he has way way to much talent to be just blocking, on the aol message board i said this would be a worthless pick and so far i'm right, i hope it changes but like blitz said it's doubtful we'd change. smh @ cowher and the coaching staff for not utilizing this great talent at tight end
i would get out of pittsburgh as soon as i could if i were him. go to an offense that will recognize his talents, and actually look his way more than once or twice a game....
Old 09-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Remember Bruener though, he had his chances to leave but he resigned w/ us and was the team player to renegoiate several times to help the team, so ya never know I guess
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I would hope so. If not I would view the pick as kind of wasted. Why pick a TE in the first round and not use him to his full potential?
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #10
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

regardless if he stays or not if we only use him as a blocker then this was a waste of a pick cause we already had tuman, if we wanted another tight end we could've got alex smith or that other tight end that came out of the da U (forgot his name) later in the draft. hopefully ben will just look for miller as much as he can even if he isn't the third option for the play and then show cowher that using the tight end in the passing game on the regular will bring you a lot of match up problems and many more wins
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote