Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Cardinals Claim Quentin Moses

This is from sportswriter Kent Sommers blog...Breaks my heart.

Quote:
Cardinals claim a third-rounder
I just confirmed a report that the Cardinals have been awarded a waiver claim on defensive end Quentin Moses, who was cut by the Raiders this week.

Moses was the Raiders' third-round pick and a guy they hoped would win a starting job. But he was beaten out by Jay Richardson, a fifth-round pick out of Ohio State.

I haven't been able to find out what move the Cardinals made to make room for Moses.

Moses, 6-5, 260 pounds, could fill a backup's role for the Cardinals at either defensive end or outside linebacker. His forte coming out college was as a pass rusher.
Most draftnicks had Moses pegged as an outside LB...I think that the Raiders..(and the Cardinals) are wrong in trying him out at DE.

By the way...We could have taken Jay Richardson instead of Ryan McBean. But that is water under the bridge now.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,799 Posts
Default Re: Cardinals Claim Quintin Moses

Kiffin apparently wanted to keep Moses but was overruled by Oakland Al.

The Oakland franchise is screwed until Al dies.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,485 Times in 1,513 Posts

another great draft by crazy AL......
from what i've read from raider fans,they can't believe he was cut, and say he had a good preseason.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

i'm sure this is a load of crap ,but here it is....
http://mvn.com/nfl-cardinals/2007/09...im-by-mistake/

Thanks Oakland! Cardinals jump on Moses after Raiders reportedly cut him by mistake.
By Mark Wahlstrom | September 2nd, 2007
E-mail | Print | Share

In what has to be one of the strangest internet stories i?ve heard in some time, it is being reported all over the Internet and sports fan sites that due to an administrative mistake at the Raiders headquarters 3rd round pick Quentin Moses was mistakenly included in the Raiders cut list to the NFL.

This was the report on the KFFL fan site earlier today:

? Radio 680am just reported that Quentin Moses was let go in error. Apparently Don Johnson, an assistant coach on the defensive line had submitted a prioritized list of players he wanted to keep. Moses was inadvertently left off the list. He then sent a separate email to a guy named Jeff Birren who works in administration. Birren thought Moses was to be added to the release list, so he added the name and faxed it in to league offices in New York. The error was not discovered until after the move was official. Accidents happen. ?

680 am would be KNBR, the big sports radio station in the Bay area that covers the MLB Giants and SF 49ers. I haven?t heard the reports, but the Cardinals fan sites are covered with similar postings so I?d say where there is smoke, there is fire. I?d suspect that if there is truth to the fact that some staffers at Raiders HQ made a mistake that the story will come out in the next few days as local media up there looks into it.

The bottom line is that with the injury to Chike Okeafor the Arizona Cardinals were desperate for a DE that could bring a pass rush and be a better fit for the hybrid 3-4 scheme they are trying to run this year. To have a prospect like Quentin Moses drop into their laps, and to fill the single biggest area of need on the defense, is an amazing stroke of good luck. Even if Moses isn?t an impact player and is merely ?good? thats a substantial degree better for the Cardinals then what they had on final cut downs. It is going to be very interesting to see how Moses fits with the Cardinals and if the potential he showed at U of GA can be realized here in Arizona.

Like I said, even if he?s just average or good, we owe the guys from the black hole a big thank you for helping us plug our single biggest area of need, no matter how it happened that Quentin Moses turned up on waivers.

In further news the Cardinals added Jerheme Urban from the Dallas Cowboys as their sixth receiver and cut 7th round TE Ben Patrick. Urban was a solid special teamer with the Seahawks who signed with the Cowboys as a free agent in the off season, only to be let go after the final game despite catching four passes and returning a punt 95 yards for a touchdown. He seems to be the type of player the new staff likes, unselfish, capable on special teams and professional in his approach to the game.

Look for Ben Patrick to be signed to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Not a bad couple of signings off the waivers to improve depth on the defense and further bolster the special teams going into the season. A pretty good day for the Card?s.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Default Re: Cardinals Claim Quentin Moses

from pro football talk, today

LANE LIVID ABOUT ROSTER MOVES

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Raiders coach Lane Kiffin is fuming about the final round of roster cuts in Oakland. Though we don't know of any specific moves about which Kiffin is particularly upset, we're told that the bulk of the moves is evidence that owner Al Davis still has a significant amount of influence over the football operation.

Even when what Davis wants conflicts with the wishes of his head coach.

But what's Kiffin gonna do about it? He's a guy who was on no one's radar screen as an NFL head-coaching candidate at the end of the 2006 season, and his selection for the gig likely was influenced by the fact that he'd go along to get along.

Despite the perception that, because Kiffin took the job no one wanted, he must not be very good, we've heard from several media types who are impressed with the former USC assistant. In our view, the mere fact that he didn't shrug in response to moves dictated from above tell us that Lane is his own man.

It might get him fired from his current job, but it could help him land his next job.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

I don't see how you could just cut a 3rd rounder, who was at one point projected as a 1st rounder, after their first preseason.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
I don't see how you could just cut a 3rd rounder, who was at one point projected as a 1st rounder, after their first preseason.
2 words....CRAZY......AL

Old 09-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Now does Kiffin know why no body wanted the Raiders job?

Not even a Super Bowl Appearance saved Bill Callahan.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Do you guys actually believe all the crap you read?

He was cut because Richardson stepped up and beat him out... simple as that.

Its cool if you want to bash Al, but jeez... use a little common sense before you blindly believe something as outrageous as Moses was cut by mistake!

How come the media sucks when they bash the Steelers, but you just fall right in when they write something as outrageous as this?

As you all know, the draft is a crap shoot... not every player works out the way you hope. Some of the things I've read the past couple of days just boggles my mind.

Oh well... I'm a Raiders fan... I'm used to it. I can't wait to read the new and inventive ways to bash Al and the Raiders when they start winning again... it should prove interesting.
I
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Truthfully, S&B, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mistake. I know most Raider fans love Al Davis, but until he relinqueshes his control over the football operations, I don't see the Raiders doing much at all...except losing and getting top 10 draft picks (to not sign until after the season starts).

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote