Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,151
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 879
Thanked 3,661 Times in 1,581 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

[QUOTE=j-dawg;287474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post






are not funny.
awe c'mon now j dawg....you gotta admit, that statement ranks right up there with saying water is wet ....
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,236
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,891
Thanked 8,132 Times in 3,469 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

dallas cowboys are on the clock
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,151
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 879
Thanked 3,661 Times in 1,581 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
dallas cowboys are on the clock
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #14
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

Frye is definitely the Brown's best chance at this point. His mobility certainly doesn't hurt. He's actually a pretty decent quarterback in my opinion, but his supporting cast has been lacking recently. I think he would be good in a west coast offense.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #15
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Frye is definitely the Brown's best chance at this point. His mobility certainly doesn't hurt. He's actually a pretty decent quarterback in my opinion, but his supporting cast has been lacking recently. I think he would be good in a west coast offense.
Recently?

But I agree, Frye is a decent quarterback, with some good weapons he could be a good QB. But I'm tired of the steelers beating him up, thankfully the Browns got us new blood in Quinn
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #16
stillers4me
Living Legend
 
stillers4me's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,670
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbackr4life View Post
Does it really matter who the Brown stains put under center? I say that Harrison is the first one to get a sack in 2007 and it comes against whoever is the unfortunate individual playing QB for the Brown stains
I second that motion!
__________________
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

Phil Savage opened his mouth and inserted his foot in the Plain Dealer today. He basically compared his team favorably to Denver and the Bears and said he expects to win a lot this year. Since the PD sucks and makes it almost impossible to quote without spam and ads and junk, here are excerpts:

"You can go down the list and there are some comparisons on both sides of the coin," Savage said. "They were a Super Bowl team and we're perceived to be at the bottom of the barrel in the NFL, but I'm not sure there's that much difference. The league is very competitive because of all sorts of things like injuries and confidence."

"When we played Denver, in my mind, the only difference was that they've had a winning tradition for a long time," Savage said.

"But from a talent standpoint, man to man, we're competitive. We played three playoff teams in preseason and Detroit was the one that wore us out. In the NFL, the talent is relative and competitive across the league. We're at a point where we're in the mix."



Alrighty, Phil. Whatever you say. I still have them only winning 6 games or so.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #18
j-dawg
Team Captain
 
j-dawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 789
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Phil Savage opened his mouth and inserted his foot in the Plain Dealer today. He basically compared his team favorably to Denver and the Bears and said he expects to win a lot this year. Since the PD sucks and makes it almost impossible to quote without spam and ads and junk, here are excerpts:

"You can go down the list and there are some comparisons on both sides of the coin," Savage said. "They were a Super Bowl team and we're perceived to be at the bottom of the barrel in the NFL, but I'm not sure there's that much difference. The league is very competitive because of all sorts of things like injuries and confidence."

"When we played Denver, in my mind, the only difference was that they've had a winning tradition for a long time," Savage said.

"But from a talent standpoint, man to man, we're competitive. We played three playoff teams in preseason and Detroit was the one that wore us out. In the NFL, the talent is relative and competitive across the league. We're at a point where we're in the mix."



Alrighty, Phil. Whatever you say. I still have them only winning 6 games or so.
Phil also made sure to mention that some of the Browns? first-round draft picks prior to his arrival in Cleveland are making no impact in the NFL. ?As of today at 4 p.m., Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren and William Green could conceivably all be out of the NFL in its entirety," he said. ?You talk about setting an organization on its ear. Those were top three picks (Couch, Brown and Warren) and a top-20 running back (Green). That speaks volumes as to where we were starting from. You couldn?t take another team out there and knock off four number one picks that you got nothing out of and say they?re going to go to the playoffs. That is unrealistic.?

So yeah, the General Manager of my favorite team believes we have some solid impact players that are going to shine this year, possibly giving us a few more wins than most people think.
__________________
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

Well, let's be fair. Savage isn't immune from being fired, either. Him stating that Crennel's job is completely safe is like Britany Spears guaranteeing that Lindsey Lohan will stay sober. He HAS to be a cheerleader at this point. What is his other option, saying "Yeah, we still suck, but we suck a little less"?

Regardless, the team will be better this year, but the degree to which it will be better is highly dubious, and certainly doesn't warrant Savage's overconfidence. The worst thing he could do for himself is get the Browns fans already unrealistic expectations up higher than they already are. Look at you! You're chomping at the bit and thinking playoffs, aren't you? Why? Are you actually buying all this?

Sorry, if this Browns team wins 7 games this year it's the Browns equivalent of a Super Bowl.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #20
j-dawg
Team Captain
 
j-dawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 789
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Frye to start against the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Well, let's be fair. Savage isn't immune from being fired, either. Him stating that Crennel's job is completely safe is like Britany Spears guaranteeing that Lindsey Lohan will stay sober. He HAS to be a cheerleader at this point. What is his other option, saying "Yeah, we still suck, but we suck a little less"?

Regardless, the team will be better this year, but the degree to which it will be better is highly dubious, and certainly doesn't warrant Savage's overconfidence. The worst thing he could do for himself is get the Browns fans already unrealistic expectations up higher than they already are. Look at you! You're chomping at the bit and thinking playoffs, aren't you? Why? Are you actually buying all this?

Sorry, if this Browns team wins 7 games this year it's the Browns equivalent of a Super Bowl.
hey, i don't think the browns will get more than seven wins this year, but i think they'll be a lot more competitive, especially in their own division. i also think the browns will have a few players that might be in the pro-bowl this year. they're going to have problems with the run defense AGAIN, but i think the secondary is going to be hella tough. savage didn't say that they were going to the playoffs this year... he only said that they're not as close to the bottom of the barrel as many think.
__________________
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts