Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #1
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Belichick is all cl-ASS!!

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com...269/577963.stm

No thanks

There were strange plays at Heinz Field yesterday, but nothing as out of the ordinary as Patriots coach Bill Belichick chasing Steelers trainer John Norwig away from one of his injured players.

As tackle Matt Light lay on the turf with a serious leg injury in the second quarter, Norwig ran over to see if he could help, as opposing trainers often will do with serious injuries.

Belichick walked out on the field and told Norwig, in no uncertain terms, to get away from his player. Norwig walked off the field and could be seen laughing about it with several Steelers doctors on the sideline.

Hey Bill! Way to act like a "Horse's Ass" when someone is offering help.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: Belichick is all cl-ASS!!

dont really know if that happened, but if it did the guy is an idiot, if there is an injured player on the field, who ever is the closenst triner should get out there, regardless of team. I really dont believe a doctor is going to hurt another player because he plays for the other team........
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,850 Times in 4,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
dont really know if that happened, but if it did the guy is an idiot, if there is an injured player on the field, who ever is the closenst triner should get out there, regardless of team. I really dont believe a doctor is going to hurt another player because he plays for the other team........
he is an ass. he's so paranoid and more concerned with using his bogus injury reports as a strategy. i bet he has not suited up totally healthy players just to keep his opponent off guard and he is worried a steeler trainer would actually release some "true" information on one of his players. definitely a classy organization they got. no one fakes an injury like willie mccginnest though.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

I love it. Keep looking for ways to make things look bad with the Pats.

Why does our coach want your trainer looking at our injuries when it may come into play down the line. That's his perogitive, it doesn't make him an ass.

Try turning your criticism inward at your own team.

Bashing and criticizing the Patriots is oh-so-fashioabe-and-trendy.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

It's common courtesy for opposing teams trainers to help out till the other players guys get there. It happens ALL the time. Don't go turning this back on us now. All he had to say was, we got it, thanks for the help and all would have been fine.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:37 PM   #6
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

How do you know what he said or didn't say Blitz? You don't know shit about it.

I know one thing, I wouldn't want some bozo trainer from the other team looking after my player. Especially from the Steelers. That organization has an average IQ of about 85.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:43 PM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Alright..chill out dude..Im going by what was said in the post..thats all I know, but what I do is if somebody who is JUST as qualified as my doctor wants to help out, why in the hell would just push him away and dismiss the help. We're talking a players health and career here..petty bullshit doesnt need to apply. Of course you only want your guys to look at him, they will be the ones to continue the rehab, etc..after the game is over..but all it takes is a simple gesture and comment and its over. Whether that is what happened or not, u dont know and I dont either so I can only go by what was posted up.

And obviously you dont know SHIT about it either so dont go attacking me. I was simply making a point that you cant put this on the fact that our trainer is less qualified than yours. Dr Bradley and the Steelers staff is as respected as it gets, and in CASE you didnt know, Dr. Bradley is the head of the NFL surgeons, and John Norwig is regarded as one of the best in the business.

What kinda of lame ass statement is this
Quote:
That organization has an average IQ of about 85.
..thats uncalled for again uncharateristic for someone who used to have so much respect around here..but lately your dumb and ignorant comments are really low and uncalled for. Especially those!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:12 PM   #8
hardwork
Banned

I saw the whole thing Blitz. Your guy was standing up, a couple of feet away from our player, and doing nothing. I'd have asked him to leave also. Further, I saw Belichick's reaction. He was clearly polite to the guy. I'll tell you what. My doctor is one of the Patriots doctors. I see him mid Oct. I'll ask him what happpened.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:15 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Thats fine..and again this whole thing may very well be blown way outta proportion. But your comments about our teams IQ just didnt sit too well nor did your attack to me..but we'll move on, no worries its over now I'd be interested to here what he has to say if you think to ask him about it.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:30 PM   #10
hardwork
Banned

I'll remember. I'm very careful about what I ask him, but he'll tell me about that if there was anything to it. He's a fountain of information. He's been my doctor since '76 so we talk sports a lot. He's has several of the Red Sox and Bruins players to. Plus, most of Boston's big time mafia figures. Although there aren't to many of those left.