Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #111
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
Nah, no prob.

I have the family legacy thing with My first fav. college Team Purdue as my dads from that area, and went to their games as a little kid. My grandpa went there and my uncle played Guard there. I mainly root for OSU as well because I want to have fun with my friends who pretty much agree with me on every other team. I hope that doesn't sound to bandwagonish. As for the Tribe I grew up during the World Series runs they made in the 90's and were my first introduction into the Sport, but i would've loved to see them in the 80's just to prove my fanhood of the team. LBJ=From Akron, my hometown area, so Cleveland being the nearest b-ball team and him playing for them is a no-brainer.

As For My Brownies, I was a fan, but when I was a kid, they left town, I remeber my dad REALLY hating Moddell and I remember being really excited about the Saints win we had in '99. I think I really became more of a fan actually when we were at our lowest and The Steelers were at their Highest, There were so many folks in my High School the week of Super Bowl XL that had so many BS and lame excuses all of a sudden that they were Steelers fans all their life and all this other crap, when they could not name more than two players on the roster, and we're mainly wearing the jersey's as a Fashion statement. That sorta really got me angry as I thought that was really pathetic to just jump-ship for the Rivals (I'll have to tell you some stories sometime about how pathetic some of these folks were in regards to being fans.). Hence why I'm not too high on Pittsburgh at the moment. I'll never bash a true hardcore Steelers fan though.
Don't worry that's not bandwagonish. As long as when they play each other your not flip-flopping who you root for, it's not bandwagon at all.

I understand where your coming from with the hate of Pittsburgh. I don't like all the bandwagoners that have jumped ship either. I am a big believer in picking a team and sticking with them through thick and thin.

It was starting to get that way with the Bengals around here. Before 2005, if you saw a Bengals fan he was from Cinci or Kentucky. And it was rare to see one. Then all-of-a-sudden there was an explosion of tigger-stripes up here....and fans said it was "okay because they are an Ohio team" to which I said was bullshit.

Be true to your team. Living the lows with them makes the highs so much better because of what you went through.

As a Browns fan, you may have more lows than I do....but I freaking respect every Browns fan that has put on any peice of Browns gear from 1999-2006. The 2007 year, the bandwagoners started jumping on. We'll know who's for real and who isn't if the Browns hit a skid during the year.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:35 AM   #112
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Don't worry that's not bandwagonish. As long as when they play each other your not flip-flopping who you root for, it's not bandwagon at all.

I understand where your coming from with the hate of Pittsburgh. I don't like all the bandwagoners that have jumped ship either. I am a big believer in picking a team and sticking with them through thick and thin.

It was starting to get that way with the Bengals around here. Before 2005, if you saw a Bengals fan he was from Cinci or Kentucky. And it was rare to see one. Then all-of-a-sudden there was an explosion of tigger-stripes up here....and fans said it was "okay because they are an Ohio team" to which I said was bullshit.

Be true to your team. Living the lows with them makes the highs so much better because of what you went through.

As a Browns fan, you may have more lows than I do....but I freaking respect every Browns fan that has put on any peice of Browns gear from 1999-2006. The 2007 year, the bandwagoners started jumping on. We'll know who's for real and who isn't if the Browns hit a skid during the year.
Used to have a Timmy Couch jersey..I lost it somewhere. . I auctually wanna re-wear it to prove how hardcore of a fan I am. :) But I do have Braylon Jersey the year he got drafted, still wear that even though its lettering is starting to detoriate, I need to get a new one soon. I'm hoping to get a Joe Thomas one.

Havn't had any Cinci-tucky fans around here oddly enough. Did notice more and more Browns gear this past year, so I think I get what you're saying there. When the Browns finally do win the big one, I and my fellow true Browns fan will probably party so hard that they'll have to call in the national guard, pretty much anybody I've met and mentioned that has said about the same thing. Mos. Def. not saying its this year, because with Cleveland "It's always next year" LOL.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #113
jmk1977
Water Boy

Member Number: 8601

I hate the browns and I always say I have two favorite football teams
the STEELERS and anyone playin the clowns

Trucker & Travel Supplies Online Truck Stop
jmk1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #114
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk1977 View Post
I hate the browns and I always say I have two favorite football teams
the STEELERS and anyone playin the clowns
Nice, wouldn't have it any other way 'ither.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #115
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

An oldie but goody:

A Browns fan, a Steelers fan and an Eagles fan were all in Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of booze. All of a sudden the Saudi police rushed in and arrested them. The mere possession of alcohol is a severe offense in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime of actually being caught consuming the booze, they were sentenced to death!

However, with the help of very good lawyers, they were able to successfully appeal their sentence down to life imprisonment. By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day their trial finished, and the extremely benevolent Sheik decided they could be released after receiving just 20 lashes each of the whip. As they were preparing for their punishment, the Sheik suddenly said, "It's my first wife's birthday today, and she has asked me to allow each of you one wish before your whipping."

The Eagles fan was first in line, so he thought about this for a while and then said, "Please tie a pillow to my back." This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through. The Titans fan had to be carried away bleeding and crying with pain when the punishment was done.

The Browns fan was next up (he almost finished an entire fifth by himself), and after watching the scene, said "All Right! Please fix two pillows on my back." But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip went through again, sending the Browns fan out crying like a little girl.

The Steelers fan was the last one up (he had finished off the crate), but before he could say anything, the Sheik turned to him and said, "You support the greatest team in history, and your team has some of the best and most loyal football fans in the world. For this, you may have two wishes!" "Thanks, your most Royal highness," the Steelers fan replies. "In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20, but 100 lashes."

"Not only are you an honorable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very brave," the Sheik says with an admiring look on his face. "If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it. And your second wish? What is it to be?" the Sheik asks.

"Tie the Browns fan to my back."
HughC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #116
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Here's a tip for Browns fans (doesn't work as well for Steelers since our top draft picks aren't usually busts). Wait until the next Tim Couch bombs out of the league after 3-4 years, go to Dicks Sporting Goods, buy any and all authentic jerseys of that player you can find (they'll usually be like $20 down from $200), find a place that will re-letter and re-number them (I found a place to do it for like $40), and eBay your Brown little hearts out. You'll invest about $60 per, and you can probably sell them for $150 if they are new with tags.

Since you aren't going to get any wins out of us (unless Can't Graham makes a surprise comeback), there: Don't say the Steelers or their fans never gave you anything.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #117
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,482 Times in 2,390 Posts

Even Modell thinks the browns suck!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #118
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Q: What do you get when you cross the Cleveland Browns and a pig?

A: We don't know, there are some things even pigs won't do.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:40 AM   #119
warddj86
Starter

Member Number: 4235

The Browns are so bad that the Steelers side of the scoreboard says "to be continued"
warddj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #120
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

whats the deal browns fans? i just checked ticketmaster and you can still get tickets to browns games after they went on sale a week ago. you guys are always bragging about how great and loyal your fan base is, well wheres the support? for once, your team isnt terrible, so tickets should be as high in demand as ever. tickets are only $32 too. steelers tickets to all games were all sold out within 5 minutes and they start at $59 each plus fees. and dont use the ticket scalpers as an excuse either. the demand is high for steelers tickets, thats why they go for twice the face value and more on ebay. if the demand were that high for browns tickets, the scalpers would have bought all those games up. but i guess not many people really care to see the clowns live in action.
jjpro11 is online now   Reply With Quote