Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #281
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yet still good enough to beat you twice in the same season (again), even after spotting you a 15-point lead in the 2nd game. But we're the chokers.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #282
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
Wow..Those Browns fans sure are sad for their dedication..I tell you what..I've never seen a more miserable group of people.

I didn't become as Browns for the Nicknames, the Five Rings garbage..any of that. I became one because they're MY team. There will be NOTHING you can do to make me less of a fan or less excited for a season. I could careless about Championships..all that crap, because they're MY team. I stuck with MY TEAM when they were losing 43-0 to Pittsburgh, and I'll stick with MY TEAM when they win the Super Bowl. Same thing you''l hear from any Browns fans.

I care about Loyalty. And so do the majority of the guys who live around here in the great Buckeye State. You can yammer on about the 5 Super Bowls, and all that stupid garbage thats in the past. But have you stuck with the team even when its at its lowest moment?

And its a RIVALRY..it STARTS WITH BEATING THE RIVAL. Woody Hayes had the same attitude..Number 1 was Beating Meatchicken, Number 2 was the rest. Basic Sports, I'm sure Beating WVU sure as hell turned Pitts season from diaster to at least sorta memorable. Thats the mentality I have..Beat the Rival..Make the Playoffs..Then Playoffs..Then Super Bowl :)
Have I stuck with my team through it's lowest moment? Are you friggin serious??? Of COURSE I have. That is, after all what a FAN DOES.

So you're telling me that you'd cheer more if the Browns managed to beat the Steelers once this season than you would if they, by some miracle, managed to win the Super Bowl? THAT is the mentality that is sad, not your "loyalty." Your #1 goal should ALWAYS be to win the Super Bowl! Beating your rivals should not even come close to that level.

It's also funny that you want to diss our 5 championships as "garbage" and "being in the past," yet you and another one of your fans go on and on about your 8 championships that happened eons ago. You say we can't have it both ways? Then you can't either. At least the Steelers have won a championship recently. What has your team done, other than stink out loud?

I'm not trying to make you less of a fan. I'm not even trying to make you less excited about this upcoming season. But I DO think you and the rest of your fans need to take a step back and be a little bit more realistic about this upcoming season. Your team ain't exactly a world-beater. You don't have the world's easiest schedule. NOTHING is guaranteed, not even beating the Steelers.

But you go ahead and keep pounding your chests, and I'll sit back and laugh as your hopes and dreams are crushed. Again.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #283
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
Well being the NFL was the only pro league..then..it was THE SUPER BOWL..thus..bingo..your logic is flawed to hell.
Well... in 1964 there were 2 pro leagues... are you ready to share that title with the AFL's Buffalo Bills? I count the old NFL championships as well as Super Bowls so I'll give you guys your four.... Shove the AAFC ones... they dont count the stats in the eyes of the NFL, unlike the AFL ones.

5 to 4. Even considering the AAFC ones, the Browns still suck!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #284
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
The AFL didn't exist UNTIL 1960. The Browns couldn't have been able to play them even if they want to.

We have 8 Pro Championships..the Steelers have 5..Basic Math. Don't discount those 4 either, because we all know the AAFC wasn't a joke league. The Colt and '9ers also came from there. The Browns kept trying to issue Matchups with NFL squads. (including your beloved Steelers probably), and they wussed out each time. and then when we went into the league, They dominated the decade. Wanna know why it took so long to catch up with us in the Rivalry series? We kicked your ass until the "Immaculate reception" happened, and during a period in the 80's. It was pretty damn lopsided until uncle scum moved us and we had to start from scratch.

and why the hell is the merger the stake in the ground..is it as if Pro Football didn't exist back then? If theres any thing that would be the stake..it would be the '58 Championship game, being that it was the first championship game to bring folks into football. And Who the hell made you boss in whos championships should be counted? "Well the Red Sox won one before the Marlins were a franchise, therefore it doesn't count".

We'll count what we want to count. You go back to looking at those 40 year old pictures of Franco Harris. We'll go back to looking at Jim Brown.

and The Browns Don't suck. Anyone with a half a brain would know why we have not been a legit team for the past ten years. And if you say :Excuses" you're a moron. You try rebuilding your team from scratch because your jackass owner moved the team to some other city, and then have to start from scratch. So forgive us for being excited that we auctually have something going on, and expect to be a legit team this year. I'm sure you guys felt the same way in 1972.

Simple.

Go do a google search on "Superbowl Era"

That is the stake in the ground, when to distinct leagues merged to become one... .with the winners of both championship games going on to play for the unified championship.

All the rest is window dressing.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #285
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Simple.

Go do a google search on "Superbowl Era"

That is the stake in the ground, when to distinct leagues merged to become one... .with the winners of both championship games going on to play for the unified championship.

All the rest is window dressing.
Preacherman... we rarely agree on politics, but when it comes to football I think we are separated at birth!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #286
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
Preacherman... we rarely agree on politics, but when it comes to football I think we are separated at birth!

Well, life has to stay interesting somehow doesn't it?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #287
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

The AAFC is a defunct league in which the NFL doesn't even recognize the statistics or championships of it.

Their championships don't count in my eyes when comparing the Browns and the Steelers because the Steelers were in the NFL that entire time.

I don't mind Browns fans recognizing them as world championships won, but I wish they'd recognize them as what they are...championships from a defunct league which outside of the Browns didn't have a whole lot of super-good teams.

Instead, many Browns fans call them NFL Championships and try to use them to discredit the Steelers. I say bull, if the Steelers didn't play in the league then they can't be used to discredit my team.

The Browns have 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships....they have no championships since the Super Bowl era. That is none since professional football became extremly popular (Super Bowl era), and none in the live ball era (late 1970's).

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #288
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
The AAFC is a defunct league in which the NFL doesn't even recognize the statistics or championships of it.

Their championships don't count in my eyes when comparing the Browns and the Steelers because the Steelers were in the NFL that entire time.

I don't mind Browns fans recognizing them as world championships won, but I wish they'd recognize them as what they are...championships from a defunct league which outside of the Browns didn't have a whole lot of super-good teams.

Instead, many Browns fans call them NFL Championships and try to use them to discredit the Steelers. I say bull, if the Steelers didn't play in the league then they can't be used to discredit my team.

The Browns have 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships....they have no championships since the Super Bowl era. That is none since professional football became extremly popular (Super Bowl era), and none in the live ball era (late 1970's).

Nope..

In reality... they have what is the equivelent of 4 AAFC championships... and four NFC championships...

We have 6 AFC championships... and 5 NFL Championships...

Which means we have 11 to their 8.

If they want to play that game... we can play it too.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #289
9-5
Banned

Member Number: 8674

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yet still good enough to beat you twice in the same season (again), even after spotting you a 15-point lead in the 2nd game. But we're the chokers.
At least we didn't choke to the same team that had handed our asses to us the week before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Nope..

In reality... they have what is the equivelent of 4 AAFC championships... and four NFC championships...

We have 6 AFC championships... and 5 NFL Championships...

Which means we have 11 to their 8.

If they want to play that game... we can play it too.
Sure you can play....very badly. Your using the excuse that our LEAGUE championships count the same as conference championships. Which they don't. Last time I looked, winning a conference championship didn't count towards your teams total championships. You are counting them in a attempt to make it seem like you have more championships then we do. It's kind of sad, really. Do you guys really need to feel that you have more championships then us? I know having 8 seems a long way off, but in a few decades, who knows? You may tie the Browns, if we don't win a Super Bowl.

And when did the Browns ever play in the NFC?
9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #290
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-5 View Post
At least we didn't choke to the same team that had handed our asses to us the week before.

Sure you can play....very badly. Your using the excuse that our LEAGUE championships count the same as conference championships. Which they don't. Last time I looked, winning a conference championship didn't count towards your teams total championships. You are counting them in a attempt to make it seem like you have more championships then we do. It's kind of sad, really. Do you guys really need to feel that you have more championships then us? I know having 8 seems a long way off, but in a few decades, who knows? You may tie the Browns, if we don't win a Super Bowl.

And when did the Browns ever play in the NFC
?
Man.. Are you that desperate to twist history. The NFC IS the old NFL. That is why they have 4 NFC championships... because they are the OLD NFL.

Logic.... what DO they teach in schools these days... (Rep point for anyone who can locate that last line... including the character who says it!)