Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #291
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Logic.... what DO they teach in schools these days... (Rep point for anyone who can locate that last line... including the character who says it!)
Professor Kirke (played by Jim Broadbent)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #292
Dawgbone
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 44
Member Number: 6692
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
And there you have it, folks. This one statement sums up your typical Browns fan in general. It's not about making the playoffs, or winning the division or winning the Super Bowl. No, everything is about beating the Steelers. Even if their team goes 1-15, as long as they beat the Steelers, it's a successful season.

There's only one word that describes that mentality. Sad.

That is also why the Steelers and their fans will always be superior to the Browns and their fans. Around these parts, we only care about winning Super Bowls. Beating the Browns along the way is just a bonus.

Oh, and one more thing - win something, and then talk. Until then...



Thank you.
We did win something, we won 10 games. Also, I just don't care about winning against the Steelers. I didn't say that, I said that we will have at least one win against them this season.

That's all you guys have done since I returned to this site. Is twist my words into something else, I guess that's all your good at.
Dawgbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:41 AM   #293
9-5
Banned
 
9-5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cleveland part 2 aka Columbus OH-IO!!!
Posts: 119
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8674
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Man.. Are you that desperate to twist history. The NFC IS the old NFL. That is why they have 4 NFC championships... because they are the OLD NFL.
Since when was the NFC the old NFL? Since you decided it was to make your argument?
9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #294
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 13,923
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,493
Thanked 4,448 Times in 1,669 Posts
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-5 View Post
Since when was the NFC the old NFL? Since you decided it was to make your argument?
Since when were the browns any good? That counted in the NFL.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:10 AM   #295
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-5 View Post
Since when was the NFC the old NFL? Since you decided it was to make your argument?
Since the merger.

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE became the NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE
AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE became the AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE.

they formed..... the NEW.. NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Complete with a championship game called the SUPERBOWL, which your team has never one.

Have a nice day.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #296
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,417
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 792 Times in 306 Posts
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-5 View Post
At least we didn't choke to the same team that had handed our asses to us the week before.
No, just to the same team that had handed your asses to you the last 8 times (now 9 times and counting) you played them before that and 13 out of the last 14 (now 14 out of the last 15 and counting). Week before? We played the Rams and Ratbirds to end the season last year, so we didn't play Jax "2 weeks in a row," genius.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:05 AM   #297
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
No, just to the same team that had handed your asses to you the last 8 times (now 9 times and counting) you played them before that and 13 out of the last 14 (now 14 out of the last 15 and counting). Week before? We played the Rams and Ratbirds to end the season last year, so we didn't play Jax "2 weeks in a row," genius.
Not to mention losing to a AFCN RIVAL 3 TIMES in one season... INCLUDING the playoffs!!



You know...... that is fine... YOu can wallow in your ignorance....................................




AFter all...........








Last edited by Preacher; 07-24-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:44 AM   #298
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach
 
Aussie_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,814
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5037
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

If this is from an elected representative of the city I am scared to see what the rest of the city is like.

It sounds like a whole lot more than the just the browns that suck.



__________________
Aussie_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #299
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Note to Browns fans: If you don't know what you are talking about, yelling it longer and louder and calling people who know more than you names won't make you any less wrong...it just makes you look even dumber.

And you can't rekindle the rivalry anywhere but on the field, and since hammers and nails aren't rivals, well...win a game. Til then, STFU...

Oh, by the by...saw in the paper today that the Browns opened training camp with a cheer of "Super Bowl, Super Bowl..."

Seems delusion starts on the field then spreads to the stands. But it's cute to see them get their spirits up...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #300
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Man.. Are you that desperate to twist history. The NFC IS the old NFL. That is why they have 4 NFC championships... because they are the OLD NFL.

Logic.... what DO they teach in schools these days... (Rep point for anyone who can locate that last line... including the character who says it!)
The Browns played in the NFL, which became the NFC. Agreed. However, when the merger occurred, the Browns moved to the AFC (to try to even out the teams).

If we're going by your logic that they played for the NFC (because that's what the NFL became) then the Browns won a Superbowl in 2001 because that was the Browns team became. It was really the Browns all along.

It's not the case. The Browns went from the AAFC to the NFL. When the NFL/AFL merged, they still played for the NFL. Granted, most of the "old NFL" teams did play in the NFC, but that doesn't mean that the Browns played in the NFC.

The Browns have won 0 Superbowls, but 4 NFL championships and 4 AAFC Championships. The Browns never played for the NFC. Those are facts.

If you're going to dis someone for lack of logic, use some yourself.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts