Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #321
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: The Browns Suck Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
how's the Dallas game looking Browns fan? Still over looking that game and focussing on us week 2?

I'm watching every Texans game I can in the pre-season to "scout" our biggest enemy right now. Week 1. We need to rip their hearts out and shatter the hopes and dreams of their fan base. I care not for week 2 yet.
As a fan, I can look at whatever week I want to and it makes no nevermind. It's the team that has to focus on Dallas. If they're focused, I'll look whereever I want to. So yeah, I'm more focused on the Steelers than I am Dallas, because I can guarantee you we'll be playing you guys twice.

I'd love to play Dallas a second time this season though!
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #322
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I'd love to play Dallas a second time this season though!
why is that? want a 4th loss for sure on your schedule?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #323
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Ahh, sarcasm without wit. If we play Dallas a second time this season it's because we're in the Superbowl. I figured even a Steelers fan could follow that statement to a logical conclusion. Guess I gave you too much credit. That won't happen again.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #324
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

The only way the Browns will play Dallas twice this year or any other year is by moving into their division.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #325
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Ahh, sarcasm without wit. If we play Dallas a second time this season it's because we're in the Superbowl. I figured even a Steelers fan could follow that statement to a logical conclusion. Guess I gave you too much credit. That won't happen again.
Since I will never pick the Cowboys to make the SB, I didn't see your point. Sarcasm is difficult to read by the way. Regardless, you'd still lose to them twice.

I wonder who your coach will be in 09. Cause Romeo is GONE after they miss the playoffs this season with all that false hope and ridiculous hype.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #326
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Since I will never pick the Cowboys to make the SB, I didn't see your point. Sarcasm is difficult to read by the way. Regardless, you'd still lose to them twice.

I wonder who your coach will be in 09. Cause Romeo is GONE after they miss the playoffs this season with all that false hope and ridiculous hype.
I'm not picking them for the playoffs, but I know that the only way we play them twice in a season is in the Superbowl.

You don't know that we'd lose to them twice. An injury to Romo and one of their key defenders kills their chance to compete effectively. Same with you guys, if Ben goes down for a lengthy period of time and Troy or another key defender gets hurt, you guys are hurting bad.

There are no guarantees. Don't believe me? Ask the NE Cheatriots (after they had already beaten the NY Giants once just a few weeks prior to the SB) whether victories are guaranteed.

The only guaranteed victories are the ones in the past. Everything else is possibility vs probability.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #327
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm not picking them for the playoffs, but I know that the only way we play them twice in a season is in the Superbowl.

You don't know that we'd lose to them twice. An injury to Romo and one of their key defenders kills their chance to compete effectively. Same with you guys, if Ben goes down for a lengthy period of time and Troy or another key defender gets hurt, you guys are hurting bad.

There are no guarantees. Don't believe me? Ask the NE Cheatriots (after they had already beaten the NY Giants once just a few weeks prior to the SB) whether victories are guaranteed.

The only guaranteed victories are the ones in the past. Everything else is possibility vs probability.
I respect your positive attitude and hopeful outlook of your team's chances. Its very cute to see. Here's a clap for you.

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

Cheer on fellow fan. Even though your team is doomed, I respect your fandom.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #328
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Hopeful outlook? I'd like for that to happen, but what fan doesn't want that for their team? This is the best we've looked since our return. It's hard to not be cautiously optimisic.

I have not (however) guaranteed the playoffs. I just said I'd like to face Dallas a second time, because that would mean the SB. I'm one of those Browns fans that understands that the path to the playoffs (and for the AFCN Crown) does run through Pittsburgh.

The closest thing I'll make to a prediction is this: you had better hope your team takes the Browns more seriously than you do. Otherwise, your chances of taking the AFCN will decrease significantly.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #329
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,180 Times in 2,659 Posts

Quote:

The closest thing I'll make to a prediction is this: you had better hope your team takes the Browns more seriously than you do. Otherwise, your chances of taking the AFCN will decrease significantly.
the steelers players will be the 1st to tell you they never take the browns lightly, which is probably why they never lose to them like they did to the jets/cardinals/broncos last year and the raiders the year before.

even though the steelers know the browns are scheduled to lay an egg against them once a year, they also give them a tough game once a year too. they never know if the egg will be in the 1st or 2nd meeting.

the steelers will be prepared.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #330
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

I don't know...something tells me that Cleveland may be for real this year. Edwards, Stallworth and Winslow with Anderson at QB is gonna be good. As long as Jamal has some tread left, offensively they are capable of beating most teams IMO.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote