Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 09-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Unhappy It's not El's fault...

Really, I know we are all pissed off about the outcome and pissed off about the pass protection, lack of running game, the defense wearing out and letting players find holes in the middle of the field, etc etc.

But to put all the blame or even most of the blame on El or any 1 player is just not true or fair. 11 guys play offense and 11 guys didnt fully step up and play their best game. Credit the Pats defense and also our inability to counter what we knew was coming. But the passes that El dropped or the one lateral fumble deal he had did not make the outcome of the game. Ben was inconsistent and hurried, OL didnt give time to pass or make enough lanes to run...Willie missed some holes in the lanes that were there, other WR dropped balls too.

You cant even blame a kicker when they miss a last second FG to win the game when you're down by 1 w/ 10 seconds to go because the team should have never put themselves in a position like that in the first place.

Just my thoughts..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

I couldn't agree with you more. ARE has been doing well. The lateral wasn't a smart move, but that one play alone did not make us lose. He had a bad game and it happens. The loss can not fall on the shoulders of one player.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Blitz I agee with you. But he has to make these catches, as a starter in the NFL. Forget the fumble, but make the catches. Its more than just a completion. Its a first down, its momentum, its keping a drive alive, its Bems confidence over all, and in El. El was mot THE reason we lost. But his play is unexcusable. I drop fine, two maybe. But ???????????
Old 09-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Blitz I agee with you. But he has to make these catches, as a starter in the NFL. Forget the fumble, but make the catches. Its more than just a completion. Its a first down, its momentum, its keping a drive alive, its Bems confidence over all, and in El. El was mot THE reason we lost. But his play is unexcusable. I drop fine, two maybe. But ???????????
You're right, he has to step it up no doubt. I just can't see some people blaming the whole loss on him.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,823 Times in 3,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I couldn't agree with you more. ARE has been doing well. The lateral wasn't a smart move, but that one play alone did not make us lose. He had a bad game and it happens. The loss can not fall on the shoulders of one player.
i hate when i see steelerfans turn on a really good player who plays his heart out for the TEAM. after all hines ward didnt catch the ball. now im not slamming ward, just making a point but if ward lateralled to el and he dropped it would hines be catching the back lash? or would people be blasting el for not catching it and trying to run before he had the ball in his hands. didnt the final kickoff to the pats thet was returned to the pats 38 remind anyone of kasay kicking the ball out of bounds in the superbowl? and tom bradys legend continues for hitting wide open rb's in a dink and dunk passing game. not els fault. lets not vilify him. id hate to see him lose confidence in the future especially if the whole stadium starts booing him.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,823 Times in 3,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i hate when i see steelerfans turn on a really good player who plays his heart out for the TEAM. after all hines ward didnt catch the ball. now im not slamming ward, just making a point but if ward lateralled to el and he dropped it would hines be catching the back lash? or would people be blasting el for not catching it and trying to run before he had the ball in his hands. didnt the final kickoff to the pats thet was returned to the pats 38 remind anyone of kasay kicking the ball out of bounds in the superbowl? and tom bradys legend continues for hitting wide open rb's in a dink and dunk passing game. not els fault. lets not vilify him. id hate to see him lose confidence in the future especially if the whole stadium starts booing him.
this post was agreeing with the thread not accusing anyone in it of villifying randel el. he has a little pressure on him as a 1st year starter and he wanted this win as bad as anyone.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
this post was agreeing with the thread not accusing anyone in it of villifying randel el. he has a little pressure on him as a 1st year starter and he wanted this win as bad as anyone.
Your right. But El is in a contract year, he beat out Cedric Wilson, he is a starter, he is in the spotlight. El is a difference maker. Three games with three long plays for him. Like I said I do not blame El. But that doesnt mean that I think his performance was okay. He stunk. Yesterday. I am not down on him, he will rebound.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Yeah El has to continue to step it up, I agree, he's gotta make the majority of those catches every time.. in the first 2 weeks he did, so Im just gonna chalk this one up to him having a bad day at the office and look forward to better things in 2 weeks against the bolts.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Blitz I think your right, about the bad day at the office. So we will hold you to that quote! LOL
Old 09-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

OK, If Im wrong and in the upcoming games we have El continues to struggle, then I'll consent that we outta get cedric in there more as the #2 guy.