Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy It's not El's fault...

Really, I know we are all pissed off about the outcome and pissed off about the pass protection, lack of running game, the defense wearing out and letting players find holes in the middle of the field, etc etc.

But to put all the blame or even most of the blame on El or any 1 player is just not true or fair. 11 guys play offense and 11 guys didnt fully step up and play their best game. Credit the Pats defense and also our inability to counter what we knew was coming. But the passes that El dropped or the one lateral fumble deal he had did not make the outcome of the game. Ben was inconsistent and hurried, OL didnt give time to pass or make enough lanes to run...Willie missed some holes in the lanes that were there, other WR dropped balls too.

You cant even blame a kicker when they miss a last second FG to win the game when you're down by 1 w/ 10 seconds to go because the team should have never put themselves in a position like that in the first place.

Just my thoughts..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
Prosdo
Banned
 
Prosdo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,326
Gender: Female
Member Number: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

I couldn't agree with you more. ARE has been doing well. The lateral wasn't a smart move, but that one play alone did not make us lose. He had a bad game and it happens. The loss can not fall on the shoulders of one player.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

Blitz I agee with you. But he has to make these catches, as a starter in the NFL. Forget the fumble, but make the catches. Its more than just a completion. Its a first down, its momentum, its keping a drive alive, its Bems confidence over all, and in El. El was mot THE reason we lost. But his play is unexcusable. I drop fine, two maybe. But ???????????
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
Prosdo
Banned
 
Prosdo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,326
Gender: Female
Member Number: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Blitz I agee with you. But he has to make these catches, as a starter in the NFL. Forget the fumble, but make the catches. Its more than just a completion. Its a first down, its momentum, its keping a drive alive, its Bems confidence over all, and in El. El was mot THE reason we lost. But his play is unexcusable. I drop fine, two maybe. But ???????????
You're right, he has to step it up no doubt. I just can't see some people blaming the whole loss on him.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,496
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,021
Thanked 8,823 Times in 3,700 Posts
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I couldn't agree with you more. ARE has been doing well. The lateral wasn't a smart move, but that one play alone did not make us lose. He had a bad game and it happens. The loss can not fall on the shoulders of one player.
i hate when i see steelerfans turn on a really good player who plays his heart out for the TEAM. after all hines ward didnt catch the ball. now im not slamming ward, just making a point but if ward lateralled to el and he dropped it would hines be catching the back lash? or would people be blasting el for not catching it and trying to run before he had the ball in his hands. didnt the final kickoff to the pats thet was returned to the pats 38 remind anyone of kasay kicking the ball out of bounds in the superbowl? and tom bradys legend continues for hitting wide open rb's in a dink and dunk passing game. not els fault. lets not vilify him. id hate to see him lose confidence in the future especially if the whole stadium starts booing him.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,496
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,021
Thanked 8,823 Times in 3,700 Posts
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i hate when i see steelerfans turn on a really good player who plays his heart out for the TEAM. after all hines ward didnt catch the ball. now im not slamming ward, just making a point but if ward lateralled to el and he dropped it would hines be catching the back lash? or would people be blasting el for not catching it and trying to run before he had the ball in his hands. didnt the final kickoff to the pats thet was returned to the pats 38 remind anyone of kasay kicking the ball out of bounds in the superbowl? and tom bradys legend continues for hitting wide open rb's in a dink and dunk passing game. not els fault. lets not vilify him. id hate to see him lose confidence in the future especially if the whole stadium starts booing him.
this post was agreeing with the thread not accusing anyone in it of villifying randel el. he has a little pressure on him as a 1st year starter and he wanted this win as bad as anyone.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
this post was agreeing with the thread not accusing anyone in it of villifying randel el. he has a little pressure on him as a 1st year starter and he wanted this win as bad as anyone.
Your right. But El is in a contract year, he beat out Cedric Wilson, he is a starter, he is in the spotlight. El is a difference maker. Three games with three long plays for him. Like I said I do not blame El. But that doesnt mean that I think his performance was okay. He stunk. Yesterday. I am not down on him, he will rebound.
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

Yeah El has to continue to step it up, I agree, he's gotta make the majority of those catches every time.. in the first 2 weeks he did, so Im just gonna chalk this one up to him having a bad day at the office and look forward to better things in 2 weeks against the bolts.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

Blitz I think your right, about the bad day at the office. So we will hold you to that quote! LOL
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: It's not El's fault...

OK, If Im wrong and in the upcoming games we have El continues to struggle, then I'll consent that we outta get cedric in there more as the #2 guy.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts