Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default things not so rosey in patsland?

ever since the patriots were the consensus and media favorites to win it all amongst all the espn and SI power rankings (etc.) they have:

-become distracted by the birth of bradys illegitimate child.
-brady having his child named J.E.T.
-savior moss not practicing due to laziness and chronic hamstring problems
-harrison admitting to cheating and illegal substance abuse= 4 game suspension
-seyMORE having to sit out 6 games due to slow healing.
-belichick getting peeved cause he has to answer questions about his players cheating.
-NY fishwrap hacks saying belichick dissed their 1st weeks opponents. and motivating k. rhodes
-constant questions about a non addressed, aging defense that lost its gas in the AFCC game.
-wes welker being declared as the #1 offensive threat.
-an "automatic" rookie kicker who seems below average at best in his sophmore slump year.
-a player who was cut getting arrested for punching his dad in a drunken fit of rage.
-imposing salary cap hell.
-having to release all but 2 2007 draftpicks, even though old age stares them in the face.
-#1 rb coming off a bum shoulder.
-a head coach that is obviously tired and old.
-vinatieri winning his 4th sb before the rest of them (ok, this happened before they became the media darlings)
-dissed by pete prisco who ranked them #3
-a star qb who is obviously jealous of the $$$ manning makes and the accolades he receives:

Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: things not so rosey in patsland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ever since the patriots were the consensus and media favorites to win it all amongst all the espn and SI power rankings (etc.) they have:

-become distracted by the birth of bradys illegitimate child.
Yeah, any hows that then? The 1st team offense looked pretty awesome moving the ball against a decent Panthers 1st team D.

I'd love to seem 'em focused if thats a 'distracted' effort

Quote:
-brady having his child named J.E.T.
I think Belichick will just have to gameplan around this huge obstacle - christenings have de-railed SB runs before.

Quote:
-savior moss not practicing due to laziness and chronic hamstring problems
Savior? Says who?

Let me guess...the media

What are we being 'saved' from by picking up a quality WR? Racking up 27 points in the AFCCG?

Some teams can only dream about that kind of production with mostly scrubs at WR.

Maybe teams who get beat by Oakland should be investing in a 'savior'....no?

Quote:
-harrison admitting to cheating and illegal substance abuse= 4 game suspension
Well, thats a fair cop. No denying Harrison has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

The Patriots are accustomed to losing key players during the season - its happened every year for the last 5 or 6....we still got 3 Lombardi's to show for it though.

Quote:
-seyMORE having to sit out 6 games due to slow healing.
Sure. And he'll be good to go when the season starts ramping up.

Luckily the Patriots have the best D-line in terms of quality and depth in the NFL.

None of the Steelers journeymen D-linemen would even get a look-in in New England.

Quote:
-belichick getting peeved cause he has to answer questions about his players cheating.
Belichick peeved?

Well thats a first.

Nope, definitely no sky falling here.

Quote:
-NY fishwrap hacks saying belichick dissed their 1st weeks opponents. and motivating k. rhodes
If K Rhodes is dumb enough to believe that poor fabrication he'll probably have a hard time finding his way to the stadium in time for kick off.

Quote:
-constant questions about a non addressed, aging defense that lost its gas in the AFCC game.
Lost its gas? Well this has been done and done again. When you are starting your 3rd tier safeties and your 2nd tier LBers teams like the Colts will take advantage.

I can see why you come baack to this (again) though - your new material sucks.

I mean...Grumpy Belichick? Ha ha.
Quote:
-wes welker being declared as the #1 offensive threat.
Look what he did with a shambolic QB situation in Miami. Now imagine what he can do with Tom Brady.
Quote:
-an "automatic" rookie kicker who seems below average at best in his sophmore slump year.
During the ...ummmm...pre-season?

we are talking pre-season, right?

Id still take him over a kicker who looks like a character from StreetFighter thats gone to seed.

Quote:
-a player who was cut getting arrested for punching his dad in a drunken fit of rage.
A player who was cut? So that wouldnt be a Patriots player then?

Still it has to be better than a starting WR who physically abuses women, right? Or maybe a guy who got cut because he pimps out women?

Yep. Steelers have no real moral high ground on this one.

Quote:
-imposing salary cap hell.
Says who?

LOL.

Another Tony H fabrication?

Who was the team with less than $1million salary cap room just a week or two ago? Which team has to cut is supposed starting centre becasue they couldnt afford to keep him?

I'll give ya a clue.

It starts with 'St'......and ends in 'eelers'.

Quote:
-having to release all but 2 2007 draftpicks, even though old age stares them in the face.
Having to?

Nope. Choosing to.

The current standard of the squad means that rooks have to be of very high quality to make the cut. Just like pittsburgh I suppose - where a cleverly misjudged 4th round bust had to be cut..what were they thinking?
Quote:
-#1 rb coming off a bum shoulder.
Maroney is good to go.

Why?

Because I said so.

Quote:
-a head coach that is obviously tired and old.
Oh, so now he is tired and old......and..grumpy too?

Oh dear. Does this even deserve a response?

Quote:
-vinatieri winning his 4th sb before the rest of them (ok, this happened before they became the media darlings)
Bummer. You know how long will it take Hines Ward to win his 4th? I reckon Brady will get his first.

Quote:
-dissed by pete prisco who ranked them #3
Pete Prisco?

Pete.......Prisco?

LOL.

Quote:
-a star qb who is obviously jealous of the $$$ manning makes and the accolades he receives:
Sure he is.

Talking of accolades.

How many times has Manning been SB MVP?

Now how many times has Brady?

Thats your accolades right there.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

well, i expected a bit more of a spirited response. although i will aknowledge i got you to type out the letters LOL... were you really laughing out loud? if so, i apologize.

for what its worth, aaron smith would slap around any patriots d-lineman and have them begging for more. c. hoke could step in for wilfork and their defense would not miss a beat.

i have no idea what steelers players have to do with patriot woes, unless you wanna talk about scott, j. brown, c. brown, and vrabel suddenly getting old.

the next time a patriots punter suffers from roid rage, i will remember that the steelers cut a pimp. and i will take solice in the fact that i know all the steelers arent pimpin hoes.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Wow 8 lines?

Sure...its my response that lacked spirit.

You obviously find things alot easier to handle when you don't have anything coming back the other direction.

Aaron Smith = Journeyman

The only reason you dont realise it, is because the Steelers roster are currently filled with players of a similar caliber.

Im afraid the 'LOL' was more a demonstration at my amusement/shock at your using Prisco as some type of ammo in the BF.

Funny how you don't want to talk about Steeler players - though I can see why you would shy away from comparisons between our personnel.

I guess you'll have to start another thread now...maybe something about the Bungles?

They are much easier to smack down, therefore less demanding on your obviously limited resources of ingenuity.

Oh, and for the record I think you should pay for the privilege of posting here - lots of other people do ..whats your excuse?

You aren't a 'mature student' are you? (I noticed you didn't like me picking on those poor students by trying to get them to back up their claims with a measly 5 bucks)
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #5
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Very good post Tony.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Very good post Tony.

Who said Pittsburgh didn't need cheerleaders?

Gimme a 'T'....
Old 09-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
The only reason you dont realise it, is because the Steelers roster are currently filled with players of a similar caliber.

Funny how you don't want to talk about Steeler players - though I can see why you would shy away from comparisons between our personnel.
I guess that explains why even in a down 8-8 season, the Steelers sent twice as many players (4 - Polamalu, Hampton, Faneca, Parker) to Honolulu than the 12-4 Patriots did (2 - Light, Seymour) last season.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

It was a great culmination of facts man. You really don't put ALL of that together without really thinking about that... THree or four things maybe but dang, that was convincing. Add some witty comments into that and it's better than anythingPeter King has written all year! :P
Old 09-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Wow 8 lines?

Sure...its my response that lacked spirit.

You obviously find things alot easier to handle when you don't have anything coming back the other direction.

Aaron Smith = Journeyman

Im afraid the 'LOL' was more a demonstration at my amusement/shock at your using Prisco as some type of ammo in the BF.

I guess you'll have to start another thread now...maybe something about the Bungles?

They are much easier to smack down, therefore less demanding on your obviously limited resources of ingenuity.

Oh, and for the record I think you should pay for the privilege of posting here - lots of other people do ..whats your excuse?

You aren't a 'mature student' are you? (I noticed you didn't like me picking on those poor students by trying to get them to back up their claims with a measly 5 bucks)
I don't know about Aaron Smith being a journeyman Dlineman...Smith is often looked as the best 3-4 DE in the NFL....lol I think 34 career sacks is pretty good for a 3-4 D ....Plus the guy is a monster against the run and since 2001 he has a 1/2 sack more then Richard Seymour....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I guess that explains why even in a down 8-8 season, the Steelers sent twice as many players (4 - Polamalu, Hampton, Faneca, Parker) to Honolulu than the 12-4 Patriots did (2 - Light, Seymour) last season.
Well, Pro-bowl voting has always been more of a popularity contest than a reflection of actual talent hasn't it?