Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-27-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Bellichick orders Steelers trainer away..9/28 Update; Trainers Pres. Surprised

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- New England coach Bill Belichick ordered Pittsburgh Steelers trainer John Norwig off the field when Norwig asked if medical help was needed for injured Patriots tackle Matt Light during Sunday's game.

As Light lay on the Heinz Field turf with an apparently serious right leg injury during the second quarter of New England's 23-20 victory, Norwig came onto the field to offer help.

That prompted Belichick, who cautiously guards all injury information, to emphatically order the trainer off the field. Light later left the stadium with a cast on his leg.

NFL trainers normally treat only their own players but will offer their assistance during a serious injury, especially when it involves a visiting team player. Most teams have larger medical staffs for home games than for road games.

Belichick also may have been upset because Steelers coach Bill Cowher went onto the field to offer condolences to Patriots safety Rodney Harrison after he badly injured a knee earlier in the game. Harrison is expected to miss the rest of the season with a torn left knee ligament.
What a prick.Our guy's trying to help Light and Bellicheck orders him away from the injured player.What if our trainer was only telling him to not move at all or it could possibly be injured more.Bellicheck doesn't care about a guy's career or well-being,only about being able to gaurd the injury report.

Also,Cowher showed class by going out to offer condolences to Harrison,a classless player.It's something Bellichick wouldn't do,that's for sure.

Now Harrison is out for the year,and I wouldn't be surprised of Light is out for the year or at least misses substantial time.Everyone will know thier week spot when the come back to the field-the knee.It doesn't matter how badly BB lies on the injury report.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376
Default Re: Bellichick orders Steelers trainer away from injured player

Belicheck is a cock. We did to Harrison what we did to Ty Law last year. They may have come out with the win but so did we in a sense as well.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
Va_steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 652

Thats What Happens When You Win Super Bowls And You Think Your Shit Doesn't Stink! The More They Act Like That The More Respect Gets Lost For Them.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Another thing about Harrison really quick.He's one of the most classless players in the NFL.He's always taking cheap shots and trying to injure players,at times successfully (see Duce Staley last year).Well,I think he had this knee injury coming.Hey Rodney,karma's a bitch...ain't it?

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:35 PM   #5
Da Boot
Water Boy

Member Number: 513

He's a jackass.....thats it.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #6
geran42o
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Another thing about Harrison really quick.He's one of the most classless players in the NFL.He's always taking cheap shots and trying to injure players,at times successfully (see Duce Staley last year).Well,I think he had this knee injury coming.Hey Rodney,karma's a bitch...ain't it?
Hey Burgher. That's it in a nutshell. Nail meet the head of the hammer.

geran42o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:09 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,652 Posts

todays post gazette said that parcells jr. yelled at norwieg? (steelers trainer) "get the [explitive] away from my player".

i posted a funny poll on another board whether rodney will throw bogus flags against the steelers when he becomes an official and 1 dudes response was that hes got 2 things no steeler does: talent and class. ??????????WTF??????????? where to these patriot fans get off thinking that guys like harrison and bruschi are classy. they throw that word around like no other player in the nfl has class and its something that trully seperates their players from all others. bruschi and harrison were 2 of the biggest showboating gloating players in the nfl. barry sanders had class. belichick does not. in fact id have to say dillon, once arriving in n.e. was one of the classiest players they had. robert craft is a classy owner. these crazy patfans need to quit confusing playing hard and being a favorite player with being "classy". sorry patriot fans but your team is no more classy than any other team in the nfl. but then again these are the same people who will try to convince you that manny ramirez is classy taking a piss in the outfield during a game. patriots really havent had a classy player since d. bledsoe or c. martin left. so please dont come here with that "our team is classy crap" walter payton is rolling over in his grave every time you say it.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:08 PM   #8
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

I'm sure you won't mind if I use my own definition of who has class rather then a Steeler fans definition.

Got your Super Bowl tickets yet?
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
I'm sure you won't mind if I use my own definition of who has class rather then a Steeler fans definition.

Got your Super Bowl tickets yet?
im sure that is a reference to 2001 when steelers had travel plans arranged for the superbowl (just as the pats and every team does in the conference champ games) weak!

here comes the "no respect card" what defines the patriots class? please tell me why they are so classy whereas other teams are not? i have already posted some classy players and people from that organization and if you could expand on that with proof or examples id be more than happy to add them to my list. if warrick dunn plays for them and i over looked it i would be more than glad to aknowledge it.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:43 PM   #10
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

The Patriots have always been a classy team because they've always been dignified and respectful on and off the field. If this story is true, then it seems that the team's apparent struggle to maintain that image starts from the top down. There's no excuse for that behavior from a head coach and creating derivations of the word "class" isn't going to fix it. If the Pat's don't care about that image any more or if it simply left with Weis, that's one thing; but, if they want to hold on to that image then they'll have to shape up. Like I said before, it will be interesting to see how this plays out and whether it affects the team in the long run.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote