Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 09-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts
Default Re: Cleveland's Leigh Bodden Arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Wow...you could put this in quotes and add Marvin Lewis's name to it and noone would blink an eye!
[/IMG]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #22
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

No one ever said they were all "stand up guys" or "boy scouts" but you are beyond gullible to believe that more than a few of these situations are indeed the cop altering what happened. Do you have any idea of what you need to do to be employed as a police officer in the state of Pennsylvania?

The thing is, your precious little Brown noser's have a player who is a criminal. A Pacman follower. A whining complaining player who thinks he is above the law. But you can't take it. It's unthinkable to you that anyone on a team who is that bad could be that naive.

If this was a Bengals player, you would be bashing him. Why are you defending him? He is a Brownie... When I have the choice to side with a law-man in the United States of America or an athlete knowing as little info as we do in this case... It would be a stupid, stupid idea not to side with the officer.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #23
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Because he is an idiot?

Next time you want to take out after the cops maybe you should read what happened first.

A police officer saw Bodden driving a 2004 GMC Yukon in reverse in the one-way arrivals area, Cleveland police spokes man Thomas Stacho said. The officer told Bodden to stop and pull over, and Bodden re fused. He told him a second time and Bod den complied and parked the car illegally in a restricted area.

Bodden got out of the car and started to walk into the terminal. The officer told him to return to the car. Bodden refused, Stacho said. The officer told him to give him his driver's license, and Bodden told him it was in his car. "He then became extremely verbally abusive, shouting various profanities at the officer," Stacho said.

The officer called for backup and the officers decided to arrest Bodden, and he resisted.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plai...510.xml&coll=2

Sure sounds like police brutality to me
at that point they should have put him down....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #24
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK CANDY BEE View Post
Yeah, you guys are right.............. all cops are absolute stand up guys......... total boy scouts at all times .........and would never skew the story a bit to the media !!

Cleveland cop. Cleveland football player. You would think if anything your boy would get the benefit of the doubt. You gotta act like a real douchebag to have this happen. No surprise. Also no surprise that you think like a Bengal fan. You're a moron. Come back and talk smack when your sorry azz team wins something.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #25
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6509
Default Re: browns in trouble, more ways than one.

criminal NFL behavior spreading throughout Ohio. I love it. We in Pittsburgh only have a kicker that likes to show poeple his "junk". No real felons to speak of.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #26
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACEB View Post
Who is Bodden??
He is Cleveland's starting right cornerback.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #27
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Their fate is further sealed.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,885 Times in 3,482 Posts

Romeo Crennel channels Marvin Lewis:

At his locker in the open media period, Bodden said, "You all know there are two sides to every story, but right now I can't comment on my side of the story. My attorney's going to handle that.

"It's unfortunate that this is a distraction before the Steelers game. I apologize to my coaches and my teammates and I've talked to the coaches and we're trying to get past that and get ready for Pittsburgh. That's all I've got to say."

Followup questions were interrupted by Bill Bonsiewicz, Browns vice president of communications.

Bodden said he was unconcerned about a possible league suspension.

Crennel said he had not yet spoken to Bodden, but he found it odd that an easy-going guy such as Bodden could be arrested and jailed for what Crennel termed "a minor traffic incident."

"It's my understanding he was picking up his family at the airport and there are two small kids involved, and his wife, she can't handle the kids and the luggage, and he was just trying to help," Crennel said.

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200..._apolog_1.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote