Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #121
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634
Default Re: Hawaii Football Thread

What trips me out is every QB is a product of their system. If a RB at Navy runs for 2000 yards, he is considered a great RB. But, he is a product of the system. They run the ball 50 times a game.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:31 AM   #122
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Member Number: 6622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina View Post
What trips me out is every QB is a product of their system. If a RB at Navy runs for 2000 yards, he is considered a great RB. But, he is a product of the system. They run the ball 50 times a game.
Great point. That's why I don't see it as a bad thing.

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #123
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Hawaii has a lot more talent than Georgia - if you watch tape on Brennan, he can make all the throws. Unless the Warriors have some huge breakdown, their superior players give them a good chance to win big. Plus, this isn't Andre Ware's run & shoot... They do a lot of things that where never introduced or thought of when it was popular amongst Detroit and Houston in the NFL.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #124
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Wow. Hawaii was in squeekers with some very mediocre teams this year. Their opponents combined winning percentage is around .300

LA Tech is an SEC doormat, and they took the Warriors down to OT. San Jose St is nobody and also went into OT. Nevada, Fresno, Washington...none of these are quality opponents, and they hung right in their with Hawaii.

I'm sorry, but there is a tremendous talent gap between a Georgia and a Hawaii. There are probably 5 players on the Warriors squad that would start for Georgia.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #125
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

ok and ur point is? u come in here and make the same dam point over and over. i get it ur one of the people that dont think that hawaii is any good. join the club their r already about 3 million of them- go talk to them about how bad hawaii is.

ill make the same point that ive been making over and over. hawaii has decent skills, enough that hawaii could hang around with any team in the country. and when any team hangs around for a while then they got a chance to win. hawaii's defense follows the whole 'bends but doesnt break' philosphy. they come up with timely turnovers. and when hawaii's offense is clicking there isnt any defense that could slow them down.

another thing on the whole tim tebow thing, lets forget about pro potential or skill all of that and just look at the numbers. they say brennan stats r a product of the system, while thats true in the NFL he will never put up 58 touchdowns, no one ever mentions that the great tebow's numbers too could be inflated by his system. his offense requires him to run the ball alot (194 times) which then leads him for more opportunities to run for more touchdowns. like brennnan throws it more than most quarterbacks so he has a opportuinty to throw for more touchdowns.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #126
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Easy, there. I was responding to the "way out there" post that erroneously stated that Hawaii had superior talent to Georgia, which any football pundit with a rudimentary understanding of the game would refute. I'm not quite sure how that is repeating anything. I gave the Warriors a few props, and even said Brennan deserves Heisman consideration. I'm not running anybody down, just stating the facts.

You Hawaii fans need to chill. Enjoy the ride. "Hang loose" or whatever.

Tim Tebow dominated in the SEC, playing against a ton of future NFL talent. He did something no QB in any conference has ever done before. He was instrumental in Florida's NC win last year. I hate Florida, but I think he deserves the Heisman.

(Edit: The line in the game is only 9.5-10, so Vegas is giving the Warriors a little love if that makes you feel better)
Old 12-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #127
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Easy, there. I was responding to the "way out there" post that erroneously stated that Hawaii had superior talent to Georgia, which any football pundit with a rudimentary understanding of the game would refute. I'm not quite sure how that is repeating anything. I gave the Warriors a few props, and even said Brennan deserves Heisman consideration. I'm not running anybody down, just stating the facts.

Tim Tebow dominated in the SEC, playing against a ton of future NFL talent. He did something no QB in any conference has ever done before. He was instrumental in Florida's NC win last year. I hate Florida, but I think he deserves the Heisman.

(Edit: The line in the game is only 9.5-10, so Vegas is giving the Warriors a little love if that makes you feel better)

sry dude. stressful time. christmas working at walmart. a lot of people have been giving me crap all season about hawaii im jus getting fed up with it. i dont think i was the one that said we had superior talent, if i did please let me know where so i can correct myself, i jus say that with a leader like colt brennan we can win any game.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #128
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

The thing is, I am not a Hawaii fan. It is just obvious that when both teams play to their full potential Hawaii can beat Georgia, talking about it is worthless - Just watch the game.

Hawaii - LSU would have been a much more entertaining matchup.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #129
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I'll just say this and back out until after the game.

CBS Sportsline ranks strength of schedule. Hawaii came in at an sos of 118. That means out of 120 teams, Hawaii had the 3rd easiest schedule. Only two teams out of all FBS (as it's called now) played lighter schedules. And they struggled in more than a couple of the games in that schedule.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #130
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

i dont mind if ur in here or not i overeacted. i know we didnt play a hard schedule, believe me even if i didnt know this at the start of the year myself a million people have reminded me of this during the season. but didnt ohio state struggle against some of them for a while too? u struggled with the same team that we did (washington), i thought i saw a couple other games that were 'sure' games end closer that before.

i said this before but we had michigan on our schedule, they backed out at the last moment (turned well for them huh?) and michigan state backed out too. so that would of left us with a whole lot better schedule than this.