Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #161
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Member Number: 6622
Default Re: Hawaii Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
That was a monster hit that Brennan just took. I think he hurt his wrist in the scrum for the fumble.
The offensive blocker let him right through. AHHHHH!!!

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #162
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

Brandon Coutu is going to make some NFL team very happy. That kid's got a leg!

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #163
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised to hear tomorrow that Colt has bruised ribs, he's taken some hard shots tonight.

Blah!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #164
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

YAY a touchdown. I was hoping they would get at least one. Colt is banged up bad.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #165
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelergirl07 View Post
YAY a touchdown. I was hoping they would get at least one. Colt is banged up bad.
This reminds of the beating Ben took last season at the hands of the ravens. I hope the kid is all right.

Blah!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #166
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
This reminds of the beating Ben took last season at the hands of the ravens. I hope the kid is all right.
He'll be fine. It sucks that his great college career ended on such a sour note. But I still believe he'll do great in the NFL. And seeing Graunky play tonight made me excited for next season. Congrats Hawaii on a great season.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:49 AM   #167
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelergirl07 View Post
He'll be fine. It sucks that his great college career ended on such a sour note. But I still believe he'll do great in the NFL. And seeing Graunky play tonight made me excited for next season. Congrats Hawaii on a great season.
i think the worst for colt was that he couldn't get his team into the endzone while graunke went 5-5 and scored on his first drive... hopefully we'll beat florida next season and save some face.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #168
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Bess foregoes senior season

HONOLULU - University of Hawai`i junior slot receiver Davone Bess will forgo his senior season and enter the National Football League Draft. Bess, a three-year starter for the Warriors, finished his career as the school's all-time leader in receptions (293) and touchdowns (41).

"This is an opportunity I felt I couldn't pass up," said Bess, who received a second round grade by the NFL Advisory Committee. "It's been a dream of mine to play in the National Football League and I've worked hard these past three years to get to this point."
In three seasons, the Oakland, Calif., native, tallied 3,610 receiving yards (2nd), 3,877 all-purpose yards (5th), and 250 points (4th). He caught a pass in all 39 career games played and was the nation's active career leader in receiving touchdowns. In addition, Bess and quarterback Colt Brennan shared the NCAA record for most touchdown combinations (39) with Louisiana Tech's Tim Rattay and Troy Edwards.

Bess, a preseason Biletnikoff Award nominee as the nation's best receiver, was named to the Associated Press All-America third team and Walter Camp All-America second team as well as first-team all-Western Athletic Conference this season. He hauled in a team-leading 108 receptions, a new single-season school mark, 1,266 yards receiving, and 12 touchdowns. Against Boise State, Bess set a new UH single-game mark with 15 receptions.

Last year the 5-foot-10, 195-pounder was a si.com All-America honorable mention and in 2005 earned Freshman All-America accolades from The Sporting News, Football Writers Association of America and rivals.com. He is a three-time all-WAC selection.

This past season, Bess and fellow receivers Ryan Grice-Mullen and Jason Rivers became just the second teammates in Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) history to feature three receivers with 1,000-yards. Heading into the Sugar Bowl, Bess ranked fifth nationally in receptions per game, ninth in total yards and 10th in receiving yards per game.

"It was a thrill to be a part of something special this past season and I'll remember what this team accomplished for the rest of my life," Bess said. "To coach (June) Jones, coach (Ron) Lee and my teammates, I say thanks for making me, not only the player I am today, but the man I've become. It's hard to say goodbye but I can't thank our fans enough for the support they showed during my career. To them, I say mahalo. I will forever be a part of the great Warrior tradition."

Bess and the Warriors capped a remarkable 12-1 season by finishing as outright WAC champions and earned the school's first-ever Bowl Championship Series game appearance against Georgia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

-UH-

i think he should of stayed for his senior season but i still think he is top a 2-3 round pick even next year. he is gonna be a good 2-3 receiver and a great returner given the right opportunities. he has to work on his hands a little but with his raw skills he is gonna make some team very happy
Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #169
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

HONOLULU - Several former University of Hawai`i football players will be in action in this week's Cornerstone Hula Bowl, Saturday, at Aloha Stadium. Outgoing seniors C.J. Hawthorne, Jacob Patek, Hercules Satele, Michael Lafaele, and Jason Rivers will compete on the West squad. Kickoff for the 62nd all-star classic is 1:00 p.m.

Rivers, the school's all-time leader in receiving yards (3,919), capped a stellar career with his fourth 100-yard receiving bowl game with 105 yards against Georgia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl last week. Rivers also ranks second all-time in school history in receptions (292) and fifth in touchdowns (35).
Hawthorne switched over to the offensive side of the field for his senior season. The Gulf Port, Miss., native, finished with 61 receptions for 859 yards and six touchdowns this season.

Satele anchored the offensive line for the past two seasons, starting every game as a junior and senior at left guard. He was selected to the Football Writers' Association of America All-America team and was an honorable-mention All-America pick by SI.com.

Lafaele was the anchor on Greg McMackin's defense, which improved from 93rd nationally in 2006 to 33rd this past season. An all-WAC first team pick, Lafaele made the switch from offensive line to defense after his freshman season.

Patek started all 26 games at strong safety during his two-year career. This season he finished third on the team in tackles with 77 and had three interceptions, including one against Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

In addition to the Hula Bowl, Rivers was invited to next week's East-West Shrine Game. That game will be played at the University of Houston's John O'Quinn Field at Robertson Stadium, Saturday, Jan. 19.

Record-setting quarterback Colt Brennan is expected to participate in the Senior Bowl, Saturday, Jan. 26, at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala.

Hula Bowl
C.J. Hawthorne, Jacob Patek, Hercules Satele, Michael Lafaele, Jason Rivers

East-West Shrine Game
Jason Rivers

Senior Bowl
Colt Brennan
Old 01-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #170
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

HONOLULU - University of Hawai`i junior slot receiver Ryan Grice-Mullins will skip his senior season and declare for the National Football League Draft. The Rialto, Calif., native led the team in receiving yards this past season and was named a second team All-American.

"This was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in my life for the simple fact that I have so much love for this university and the islands," Grice-Mullins said. "Because of what they did for me, I truly believe I grew as a man here. But in the end, I felt I had to leave and it's a decision I made with my parents. It's the right time."
In three seasons with the Warriors, Grice-Mullins finished fourth in receptions (237), third in receiving yards (3,370), sixth in all-purpose yards (3,414) and fourth in touchdowns (37). This past season, he led the team in receiving yards (1,372) and ranked second behind teammate Davone Bess in receptions (106).

Grice-Mullins was named to the CNN/Sports Illustrated All-America second team as well as first-team all-Western Athletic Conference.

"I just want to thank everyone in Hawai`i for some of the best four years of my life," Grice-Mullins said. "To those magical group of guys over the past years who went through the good and bad and to Coach (June) Jones and Coach (Ron) Lee for the opportunity to succeed and for always believing in me."

As a freshman, Grice-Mullins finished sixth nationally in receiving yards per game (102.3) and led all receivers with 1,228 yards. After missing parts of most of five games last season, he stilled hauled in 11 touchdowns.

Grice-Mullins, Bess, and Jason Rivers became just the second Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) team to feature three receivers with 1,000 yards this season. Heading into the Sugar Bowl, Grice-Mullins ranked fifth nationally in receiving yards per game and sixth in receptions per game.

The Warriors (12-1) capped a remarkable season by competing in the school's first-ever Bowl Championship Series game appearance against Georgia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.