Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #41
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: cowher still coaching? (predicts steelers 3rd in division)

I just watched a clip of a Pompeani live interview with James Farrior. James was highly offended at Cowher's remarks and said he felt Cowher would always have their backs and that by making this predicition, it "makes him (Cowher) look good." I don't know if I agree with that, but you could see the fire in his eyes as he made this statement.

Farrior also put out a warning to Kellum Winslow, Jr. that he'd better "keep his head on his shoulders". KDKA showed the clip of the cheap shot Farrior took from Winslow last season and Farrior said this has stayed in the back of his mind.

I think we're going to be in for one helluva game!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #42
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i thought some more about this subject today and this is where i came out: cowher can't predict the team, the same team he lead to 8-8, minus a few key players) to do better then last year. if he does, the obvious question would be, why? because of the coaching?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #43
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Screw him lets use that as fuel for the fire were bringing to the dawg pound!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #44
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I'm not trying to discredit Cowher's accomplishments with the Steelers, I thank him for number 5, but it's so frustrating to see all of those wasted opportunities in the past. Super Bowl XL may ease the pain, but it also intensifies it at points. Cowher put together some pretty talented Steeler teams during the 90's and 00's.

Too bad the one of the things holding him back was the QB. Kordell managed to get chicken bones stuck in his throat too many times in the AFC title games. It wasn't until Ben that we finally won it all.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #45
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
Little harsh for a guy that got us number 5 right?
We should have been filling up our toes with rings
Old 09-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #46
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Well it seems like 1 player took it to heart:

Farrior:

Saying tonight on the local news that he was very dissapointed that Cowher came out and picked the Steelers to finish 3rd in the division. Saying that he should know the Steelers better then anybody and he thought he would have their backs. He went on to say he thinks Cowher is very bitter and wants them to fail because he is no longer the coach.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #47
Welcome To Smashmouth
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6038

I believe in stayg loyal to your franchise, and this not angering any steeler fan will have me scratching my head twice - once for cowhers comments, and once towards the fan.

This man coached us for fifteen years, and gave us some absolutely unforgettable memories, and oh yeah...a super bowl ring. It makes you wonder, with both Jerome and Ben taking some "low blows" at their ex-coach this preseason.....is coach cowher getting back at those comments in his own way??

Yes, I understand Baltimore is being called the favorite in the division...but for any fan, ex-player, and ex-coach who still BELIEVES in their team, why in God's name would they make comments like that?? Hopefully its to fuel the fire in the Pittsburgh players that he no doubt still has love for. Maybe thats his reasoning, maybe not but nonetheless this type of news has got to be upsetting to any fan of the steelers or of coach cowher
Welcome To Smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:44 AM   #48
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
So what.........Yea its great to go to 6 AFC title games and only win 2.....Especially since 5 of those games were in the Burgh....lol

I'm glad Cowher is gone and it was long over due......I was a huge Cowher fan at onetime.....He was a very good football coach...But he sucked in big games...Thats his legacy to me.....A Super Bowl XL win doesn't erase all those other let downs...lol

Yes the players deserve blame also but I also put blame on the coaches as well.....
Dude! You ABSOLUTELY have my mind. I love it. I echo your sentiments to the freaking T.
While reading this post and your previous post it sounded as if I typed it myself.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:58 AM   #49
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'm just wondering how many rings Belichick would have right now if he had some of the garbage under center that Cowher had. I imagine he'd still be working on #1.

I believe that Belichick would have found somebody other than "Garbage" to put under center.
That's what portion of the blame Cowher deserves for those horrible interceptions in the AFC championship games. It was Cowher's job to field a QB that wouldn't make those mistakes. And don't give me any crap about those type's of QB's being hard to find. For Gods sake, the Baltimore Ravens went out and picked up Trent Dilfer and won a damn Super Bowl with the same style of play that the Steelers incorporated during the Cowher era, RUNNING THE BALL WHILE PLAYING GREAT DEFENSE!
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #50
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhess View Post
i thought some more about this subject today and this is where i came out: cowher can't predict the team, the same team he lead to 8-8, minus a few key players) to do better then last year. if he does, the obvious question would be, why? because of the coaching?
Agreed. Not only that, but don't you think that Cowher has to be a bit jealous? The national media in particular has dubbed Tomlin the "second coming"? Tomlin is a media and fan darling---partly because of his amazing charisma and partly because he's got no baggage yet.

Personally, I'm thrilled to have a coach with passion and determination----but it also emphasizes how much of that passion was lost in Cowher last season. He sees the stark difference as much as we do---which is why he is claiming he'll never coach again, and why he's "predicting" the team to fail.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote