Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-06-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Ben says he's ready

Roethlisberger hoping his hard work pays off
Thursday, September 6, 2007
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

A year ago Ben Roethlisberger was preparing for the start of the football season in a much different role than he is today.

At that point he was just a spectator on the sidelines after undergoing an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy.

What a difference a year makes. As the Steelers prepare for their 2007 opener, Roethlisberger is feeling fine physically and has confidence in his ability and that of his teammates to operate the offense installed by new coordinator Bruce Arians.

Roethlisberger spent a considerable amount of time during the off-season working with Arians and feels like it's going to pay off.

"I feel lot healthier, working out lot earlier than I did last year and having contributions to the offense and talking to Bruce and working with him," said Roethlisberger. "I feel lot more confident in this offense and where we are as a team."

"I feel I know more what guys are doing, I'm able to kind of get guys in positions even in no-huddle call offenses and call the plays and stuff. I definitely feel better out there. I think the guys feel more comfortable with me now more than ever."

Roethlisberger spent noticeably more time at the team's practice facility this off-season than he did in his previous two off-seasons with the team. As the season gets ready to begin, he was even in watching film on Tuesday of this week, the players' only day off, trying to get an extra edge.

"I worked harder because of the way I thought I played last year and let the guys down," said Roethlisberger. "I didn't want that to happen again. Whether it was working out earlier or being here longer or spending more time up in the meeting room with Bruce, whatever it was, I just felt like I had to put in a lot of extra work."

And now he is ready for that hard work to pay off. He is pumped for Sunday's game in Cleveland, ready to get the regular season underway after a long preseason.

"We were all talking about the last few weeks dragging and we came in today and everyone is alive again," said Roethlisberger. "That's because the season is here. We all feel the excitement and energy. Not that the preseason doesn't mean anything, but it's good to have a meaningful game."

http://news.steelers.com/article/81110/
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Ben says he's ready

The Clownie fans say you're no good, Ben. Kick some Cleveland anus! Shut them up!

Man, this week has been going on forever.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

It's great to hear Ben's new and improved 'tude - now take it to Cleveland and muzzle those DAWGS.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
It's great to hear Ben's new and improved 'tude - now take it to Cleveland and muzzle those DAWGS.
I second that motion!
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
bizob2828
Water Boy

Member Number: 3462

This is Ben's year to take the step to the next level. Arians seems like is letting him air it out even more than last year. We saw what that led to last year, so hopefully now with Ben healthy and confident he's going to be in the top 5 QB's.
bizob2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

What is impressive about Ben this season is how much more mature he seems. Not to say he was immature in the past because he has allways said the right things and has allways taken responsibility for his play but it just seems he believes what he says more and has a bit of swager. The swager we didn't have last year. I think he knows and has known he can play this game at a high level but I think he just believes he will play at that high level that is the confidence he lost last year and now it's back.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote