Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #41
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Carey Davis named starting Fullback....I'm not sure how to feel about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown View Post
Our oline is suspect, no doubt about it. Mahan hasnt proven himself, Colon is a first timer, Faneca is a bitch, and Smith is shakey.

We need our run game to be effective and the only one who knows how to block back there is Kreider. He sprung Willie for the TD against Philly and sprung Davis for the huge yardage against the Saints.

They're trying to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much like the Colts but its not going to happen. This will be a big mistake and if they keep him in for too long our running game wont even make a dent.

Don't you think the coaches saw enough in practice and games to know what they want and need?

I think it is a bit of an overreaction to claim that this is a big mistake. Matter of fact, I welcome the change.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #42
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Carey Davis named starting Fullback....I'm not sure how to feel about this!

im nervous.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #43
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
im nervous.

Why is that. Think about it this way. First six games, easier part of the schedule. So when we get to the latter part, we have a FRESH Kreider to go out and start hitting people!!

Or, Kreider goes out in the second half, when we start running the ball more to shut down a game, if we continue to do that.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #44
oljoe28
Water Boy

Member Number: 6647
Default Dan Kreider replaced?

Does anyone thinks this kid, Carey Davis is ready for this role? Dan is one of the best blocking full backs in the league, has he done anything to lose his job? I mean, I am a big fan of max protection, especially with our young receivers, but losing Dan is a big blow to Parker. any thoughts

Blitzburgh
oljoe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #45
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: Dan Kreider replaced?

Dan Kreider is one of my favorite football players of all time. Even with that biased aside I cannot see how he lost the starting job unless the team is seriously considering running the FB a lot. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #46
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

Why is that. Think about it this way. First six games, easier part of the schedule. So when we get to the latter part, we have a FRESH Kreider to go out and start hitting people!!

Or, Kreider goes out in the second half, when we start running the ball more to shut down a game, if we continue to do that.
this is a very important game for us cleveland steelers fans, especially those of us who are going. i wish this wasnt the first week that we are testing out these new offensive schemes.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #47
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I see this move as no big deal. Davis could start the game then easliy be replaced by Kreider on the very next series.

At this point I am just going to sit back and trust Tomlin's judgement. If it doesn't work out with Davis then we always have a good backup in Kreider.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #48
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
I see this move as no big deal. Davis could start the game then easliy be replaced by Kreider on the very next series.

At this point I am just going to sit back and trush Tomlin's judgement. If it doesn't work out with Davis then we always have a good backup in Kreider.

Exactly. Heck, I wouldn't mind resigning Starks for the same reason. Sure, I don't like him as a starter, but tell me, how many backups in the league are as good as Starks?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #49
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post

At this point I am just going to sit back and trust Tomlin's judgement. If it doesn't work out with Davis then we always have a good backup in Kreider.
Thank you. I feel like people are forgetting this. Just because Kreider isn't starting doesn't mean he isn't going to be playing.

This is a wait and see. They didn't cut Kreider. They just decided that he isn't going to play the first series. We'll be ok.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #50
oljoe28
Water Boy

Member Number: 6647
Default Re: Davis gets nod over Kreider

It's funny that you mentioned, "Tomlin's era." It seems as though, he wants young players now to rebuild for the future. I personally don't believe that we have to make that adjustment now. We inked Simmons to a 4yr deal and then there is the best OL in national football, Faneca. For goodness sake, take care of the man and sign him nicely. He let go of the only kicker in football history to never have a punt block and didn't give Joey Porter a chance to say, no...I understand that Tomlin is young and wants a team to grow with him, but he hasn't proven anything on offense yet. However, I believe that our defense will be superb this season, partly because of him.

Steelers 24
Browns 6
oljoe28 is offline   Reply With Quote