Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-28-2005, 10:43 PM   #31
SEMP
Water Boy

Member Number: 664
Default Re: Bellichick orders Steelers trainer away..9/28 Update; Trainers Pres. Surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
You all sound like a bunch a democrats protesting the war in Iraq. Get a life.
A republican from boston ?????
SEMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:59 PM   #32
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Re: Bellichick orders Steelers trainer away..9/28 Update; Trainers Pres. Surprised

"A Republican from Boston ???"

Yeah, there are a few of us old yankees still around.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:13 PM   #33
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywater
I just fail to see what this has to do with anything other than a "we are better than them". That is settled on the field at game-time.

I really am not talking trash. I respect your team alot, you are a great team and have great players, but this is exactly what Colt fans do and I just figured you guys were above & past that. That's what struck me as odd.

I'm not sure that being concerned about BB's actions is stooping to a level from which we are supposed to be "above." If anything, a forum based solely on winning and loosing games would be a little superficial, if not boring. You choose to characterize this as whining, which is your perrogative. However, there is nothing self-righteous about being disappointed about BB's actions. Moreover, I don't see where any post on this thread claiming that our team has never made these same types of mistakes.

It's a shame that fans who are disappointed with a coach's or a player's actions are being discouraged from expressing their views and summarily dismissed as whiners by those who can't take the criticism. But, alas, this is clearly important to some dissenters because they keep responding. Indeed, those who are interested only in wins and losses don't really need a forum at all.

Last edited by I.C. Lights; 09-28-2005 at 11:18 PM.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:50 AM   #34
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywater
I'm simply more amazed that you even care. How does this affect your team winning or losing at all?

So, to talk about it to get a cheap "we're better than them" does ring of jealousy. And if our coach is a jerk to you guys, what else would you want? Him to send you a cake or cookies?

To quote Herm, "You play to win the game." This is just a strange topic, and the self-righteousness in it is weird too. If it doesn't affect the game or your playing, I just fail to see what this has to do with anything other than a "we are better than them". That is settled on the field at game-time.

I really am not talking trash. I respect your team alot, you are a great team and have great players, but this is exactly what Colt fans do and I just figured you guys were above & past that. That's what struck me as odd.
Hey DW,

I have decided to stay clear of this topic pretty much.
These guys are like a dog with a bone... the more you try and take it off em - the more they pull harder to keep it going.

I say - let em have it - trying to make a constructive argument in favor of our coach is seen as saying the Pats are perfect - between me and you we know that this is a classic case of displacement.

For all the pretence - its just a medium for ridding themselves of some of the frustration of last sunday.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:14 AM   #35
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey DW,

I have decided to stay clear of this topic pretty much.
These guys are like a dog with a bone... the more you try and take it off em - the more they pull harder to keep it going.

I say - let em have it - trying to make a constructive argument in favor of our coach is seen as saying the Pats are perfect - between me and you we know that this is a classic case of displacement.

For all the pretence - its just a medium for ridding themselves of some of the frustration of last sunday.

Cheers

NM
I see. All good.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:26 AM   #36
Va_steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 652

Quote:
To quote Herm, "You play to win the game." This is just a strange topic, and the self-righteousness in it is weird too. If it doesn't affect the game or your playing, I just fail to see what this has to do with anything other than a "we are better than them". That is settled on the field at game-time.
Every coach plays a game to win it! That is not the point we are making. The medic was doing his job and tring to help out a player on the other team mind you, and to top that Cowher came out as well.
Quote:
As Light lay on the Heinz Field turf with an apparently serious right leg injury during the second quarter of New England's 23-20 victory, Norwig came onto the field to offer help.
Quote:
That prompted Belichick, who cautiously guards all injury information, to emphatically order the trainer off the field. Light later left the stadium with a cast on his leg.
Quote:
NFL trainers normally treat only their own players but will offer their assistance during a serious injury, especially when it involves a visiting team player. Most teams have larger medical staffs for home games than for road games.
Quote:
Belichick also may have been upset because Steelers coach Bill Cowher went onto the field to offer condolences to Patriots safety Rodney Harrison after he badly injured a knee earlier in the game. Harrison is expected to miss the rest of the season with a torn left knee ligament.
Again get a life Patriots!
Old 10-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #37
steelers2motorcity
Water Boy

Member Number: 682

As if our trainer would put out an APB on the sidelines about the injury....and what approach would the Steelers take if Light would've stayed in the game..."Oh he has a boo-boo...let's try to make it worse?!" WTF????

As if the Steelers are cheap shot artists and try to hurt opponents....

Class...the Steelers have it....Bellicheck doesn't....remember where he came from >>> CLEVELAND!!
steelers2motorcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:00 PM   #38
slashsteel

Member Number:

Speaking of frustration (this time for the pats) this sunday the pats are having their a$$es handed to them. Go Chargers ! They are kicking the patsiepuffs butts! Oh hell yea. Two losses already ? ? Say goodbye to the dynasty! Wasn't that living withmommie poster that was saying something about that the Chargers coaching? Yea that coaching is sure lousy they have already scored over 30 on the puffs! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said before the pats will be exposed, and it already is coming to pass. Looks like they put everything they had into the Steeler game. Shame to see them fall. So much for another streak, as it looks like it is going to be soon a home loss. Oh I love it, yes!

2 out of 4 I wanna Sey mour! LMFAO!

Last edited by slashsteel; 10-02-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #39
WittleWillie39
Water Boy

Member Number: 683

We just have alot more class then NE will ever have. Haha. We hurt Rodney Harrison twice in the last year. :)
WittleWillie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:11 PM   #40
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

An example of Steeler class?: "Haha. We hurt Rodney Harrison twice in the last year."
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote