Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Lewis, Ogden out for year?

That's what happens when you get old Ray Ray - Ogden probably should have thought a little harder about retiring at the end of last year.

RAVENS FEAR LEWIS, OGDEN LOST FOR YEAR

A league source tells us that there is concern within the Baltimore Ravens organization that linebacker Ray Lewis or left tackle Jonathan Ogden, or both, are potentially lost for the year with injuries suffered on Monday night in Cincinnati.

The fact that the Ravens are being tight-lipped about the status of Lewis and Ogden is fueling the belief that the situation might be serious. As we understand it, information regarding the status of Lewis and Ogden is also scarce within the building.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that the Hall of Famers, both of whom were selected in the first round of the 1996 draft, could be seriously hurt. It took Odgen months to recover from a toe injury, and it looks like all of the progress was undone in less than one half of football. As to Lewis, he'll definitely be willing to play with one arm, but he could very well be shut down based on the outcome of an MRI that was conducted on Tuesday.

In Ogden's case, a season-ending injury could also be career-ending. He contemplated retirement after the 2006 season, and would likely be sorely tempted to call it quits in lieu of enduring more rehab and preparation for 2008.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Lewis, Ogden out for year?

I hope they heal fast, I want to go against a fully healed ratbirds team, not an injury devastated group.

Yes, maybe ogden should've retired last year...
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

i dont know, this just smells of a PFT article that speculated that eli manning might be out for the year and the underplaying of his injury was just for signing back up player purposes.

nfl reports i heard were that ogden had an achilles which could definitely result from overcompensating for his toe. he could be done.

im thinking lewis's injury might just be one that can heal on its own without surgery. if theres any small chance of that, you can bet he will forgo surgery. bastard or not, he's all about sundays.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

bj sams is out for the year.. not sure about the other 2.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #5
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903

This would be a huge loss to the Ravens. I'm sure lots would be happy to see Lewis done for the year. With Odgen gone, the pass rush becomes that much easier for the B & G.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Wow, Lewis is the spark plug for their D. I wonder how this will impact their D? With Thomas already gone and now Lewis there could be some big holes to fill.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Ray Ray out would actually be a positive for the Ravens. He's done anyway. He can barely make it to the pile to jump on at the end anymore lol.

I good analogy to the NFL is the wild west. No matter how tough or how fast you are there is always someone else who is faster. With all his karma, ray ray is lucky to have made it this long. Can't say I'm sorry to see him go.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Ray Ray out would actually be a positive for the Ravens. He's done anyway. He can barely make it to the pile to jump on at the end anymore lol.
Yeah, but where are players throughout the league going to turn for advice and counseling now?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,686 Posts

Ogden could be gone according to Billick's comments last night

Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jonathan Ogden is out indefinitely with a hyperextended toe, Ravens coach Brian Billick announced on his weekly radio show last night.

Ogden missed the preseason with the toe injury and left two plays into the second quarter Monday night against the Cincinnati Bengals after feeling pain.

Billick, who had previously canceled his day-after news conference with local reporters, told WBAL radio that Ogden was "the most serious" of the injured starters
"It's going to be painful all year long," said Billick, who indicated that Ogden didn't reinjure the toe. "It's a matter of him adjusting to it. I don't know if Jonathan will be able to come back from this or not."

Ogden injured the toe last December and it still is not right - as we often hear, a toe injury ended Lambert's career a few years too soon.

As for Ray-Ray

Lewis was expected to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging yesterday, which could clear up his injury.

He told reporters in the locker room after the game that he had torn the triceps in his right arm, which could be a season-ending injury. But the Ravens have disputed that, saying Lewis could not have returned to play if he had torn the muscle

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...0.story?page=2

The McNair groin injury could also be tough - it is not season ending, but look how long it took a young guy like Timmons to heal.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #10
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yeah, but where are players throughout the league going to turn for advice and counseling now?
Good point. This is much more serious than I originally thought. I can only pray that all the scUMbags who look to Ray for his wisdom and guidance can manage without him.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote